Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Greddy t-67 guys!

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2005, 07:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy t-67 guys!

I'm looking at buying the Greddy T-67 kit,
what are rpm are you guys hitting full boost at?
and what is your max horse power?

What are you guys using to tune your cays?

is the manifold cracking a common problem?
what are some ways to fix this issue? do you guys just weld the crack? or are guys buying a new manifold if so from who?

Thanks,
Vincent
Old May 27, 2005, 09:36 PM
Evolved Member

Hey,

I actually have one for sale down here in Austin, TX. Pretty good deal too =). With basic bolt-ons you can expect to hit 20 psi @ 5k. With proper timing adjustments and cams, you could probably get that down about 500 rpms or so.

I used the power FC to tune on mine and it was pretty alright. If I did it all over again I would have probably gone with AEM. My car was tuned extremly rich and safe @ 18 psi. I made 334 whp on a mustang dyno that reads supper low like shiv's dynodynamics.

The manifold seems to be cracking due to the lack of the a support bracket for the heavy setup. This thing is at least twice as heavy as the stock turbo+manifold. To solve this issue one can simply fabricate a support bracket that will cost no more than $50 at any good machine shop or garage. However, the manifold itself DID NOT CRACK, the welds did.

Simple solution though, check out the pics in my thread I hade the crack rewelded and all similar welds renforced with professional hand welding for only $40.

Hope I answered all you questions about the turbo =)

Last edited by QAT-R; May 27, 2005 at 09:39 PM.
Old May 27, 2005, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Hey can you p/m more info on the cracks on the manifold i have some money saved up thanks im intrested in the turbo kit thanks!!
Old May 27, 2005, 10:34 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by QAT-R
Hey,

I actually have one for sale down here in Austin, TX. Pretty good deal too =). With basic bolt-ons you can expect to hit 20 psi @ 5k. With proper timing adjustments and cams, you could probably get that down about 500 rpms or so.
I was also really looking into this turbo kit, but i heard it was bigger than a GT35R! 20 psi at 5K is really high, much higher than a GT35R. I don't mean to mess ur ur sale, im just trying to warn him that its really laggy and probably wont do well on a 2.0L, you'll probably need a 2.3L to get full boost sooner.
Old May 28, 2005, 01:25 AM
Evolved Member

word thanks for you help...

5k does seem kinda high .. but i still like the power i've seen coming out of the 25g's
Old May 28, 2005, 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by rlazer5000
I was also really looking into this turbo kit, but i heard it was bigger than a GT35R! 20 psi at 5K is really high, much higher than a GT35R. I don't mean to mess ur ur sale, im just trying to warn him that its really laggy and probably wont do well on a 2.0L, you'll probably need a 2.3L to get full boost sooner.
Don't worry about it man...

Thats why I posted my honest results. I don't want to mislead anyone, especially since I'm getting offers left and right. This kit is the biggest Evo turbo out there by far, so naturally this thing will be laggy and perhaps even the laggiest. Its just about preference and tolerance; some people have told me that I'm crazy for complaining about the lag. On the other hand, some can't stand it, especially after being spoiled by the amazing stock 16g.

Anyway, I have no doubt that this kit will sell due to the price, so I just want to paint the clearest picture for those interested.
Old May 28, 2005, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Wow, it's great to know another college professor on the forum. Are you an engineering professor? I teach Music at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH.

Most people don't expect educators to drive Evos. Do you have other colleagues that share your enthusiasm? Mine was the only one on campus...
Old May 28, 2005, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Talk to Kuba23, hes had pretty good success with his. He might still have it up for sale, ask him though.
Old May 29, 2005, 10:59 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Dr. Fob
Wow, it's great to know another college professor on the forum. Are you an engineering professor? I teach Music at Case Western Reserve University in Cleveland, OH.

Most people don't expect educators to drive Evos. Do you have other colleagues that share your enthusiasm? Mine was the only one on campus...
The quote is definitely not my own, I heard it on a show called engineering disasters and I just thought that it could easily apply to the Evo tranny...

However, its nice to meet people from different walks of life. Hell, I have a collage profesor who drag races with me in his Cobra, I've had some awesome profs.