Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Bolt in turbo... FP White Rabbit.

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gnulooks
However, you probably will get walked by an Evo that has a TME turbo with all the supporting mods and most likely this new White Rabbit turbo.
Member Az3ar made 350whp on pump gas w/ NO cams on his 3071, no stock turbo or TME turbo has come close that on a dynoflash or as far as I know on a standalone on pump gas without cams. A 3071 will put a HURTING on a stock turbo or TME with equal mods on both setups. All this is just me saying that I am sceptical of this "white rabbits" abilities. I could be completely wrong and I hope I am, but for right now its a waiting game until we start seeing some dyno's. BTW, you pay $3k more for a 35R, thats why it was never in the comparison to begin w/ although according to Az3ar's dyno, full spool is at 4200rpm. Here is his dyno https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...8&page=2&pp=15

Now, according to this dyno, full spool on a GT35R doesn't not occur until 4600~4700rpm. I would find it VERY hard to believe that ATP's turbine adapter would flow THAT bad that the car would be outspool'ed by a big ole' 35R. Anyways, different cars, different setups, both dynoflashes.....take it for what you want, I will stick with my opinion. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=GT35r+dyno
Old Jun 15, 2005, 02:52 PM
Evolved Member

Anyway, getting BACK ON TOPIC...

Where the hell's that dyno chart, Tym???
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:01 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 1.8t
Member Az3ar made 350whp on pump gas w/ NO cams on his 3071, no stock turbo or TME turbo has come close that on a dynoflash or as far as I know on a standalone on pump gas without cams.
The dyno sheet is coming... and it is gooooood...
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

will be up today?????
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Zeus
The dyno sheet is coming... and it is gooooood...
I hope so. Again, I want this turbo to be the best thing since sliced bread, I am just skeptical until it gets out there and we start seeing multiple dyno's. I hope its worth all the hype everyone is creating
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

I hope so. Again, I want this turbo to be the best thing since sliced bread, I am just skeptical until it gets out there and we start seeing multiple dyno's. I hope its worth all the hype everyone is creating
Yea, it's better than sliced bread.

Last edited by mitsuorder; Jun 15, 2005 at 04:07 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:24 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I just received the order confirmation from Forced Performance Hmmm, is it July 10th yet?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

hey Atlvalet
did they have the white rabbit in stock ?
is it with the 20g wheel ?
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:34 PM

If I can see detailed specs on this turbo and the dyno's to prove these statements. I would most definately be interested in this "white rabbit".

Last edited by Ev0206; Jun 15, 2005 at 03:36 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Lowness
Why the hell is it called "White Rabbit"?

Did you ever see Monty Python's The Meaning of Life? That little white rabbit took everyone's head off. "Oh, look, he's just a little rabbit, he couldn't hurt anyone.." or something like that.

I think the analogy is that the car will look harmless like the White Rabbit, but will put the hurt on anyone who races it...
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Wrench
Did you ever see Monty Python's The Meaning of Life? That little white rabbit took everyone's head off. "Oh, look, he's just a little rabbit, he couldn't hurt anyone.." or something like that.

I think the analogy is that the car will look harmless like the White Rabbit, but will put the hurt on anyone who races it...
It would be absolutely lovely on my white evo!!!!!!!!!!!
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:36 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Wrench

Exactly, a cute and cuddly KILLER!

If my instinct serves me well, this is NOT the last upgrade we will see for the EVO from Forced Performance.

Last edited by Imyurturboluva; Jun 15, 2005 at 03:39 PM.
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Haven't recieved any confirmation on the compressor side. I'm assuming it is similar, if not the same as a 20G. Maybe it's a 19G. Maybe it's the equivalent of a 21G. I do know that it has better than stock spool. I do know that it's ben reported that you'll have 20psi by around 3500rpms. I do know that if I didn't order ASAP that FP would run out. Considering their (FP's) reputation, and that Zeus (who has the turbo on his car for at least a little bit), and that RRE and Switzer have been in on the development, I decided that that was an educated enough guess for me. I bet if I waited until dyno numbers came out, I wouldn't have been able to get a turbo and get it installed by July 10th (the Vishnu SoCal dyno day). That's why I ordered earlier today
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Actually, I was thinking the White Rabbit from The Matrix (just how far down does this rabbit hole go?).
Old Jun 15, 2005, 03:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Member Az3ar made 350whp on pump gas w/ NO cams on his 3071, no stock turbo or TME turbo has come close that on a dynoflash or as far as I know on a standalone on pump gas without cams. A 3071 will put a HURTING on a stock turbo or TME with equal mods on both setups. All this is just me saying that I am sceptical of this "white rabbits" abilities. I could be completely wrong and I hope I am, but for right now its a waiting game until we start seeing some dyno's. BTW, you pay $3k more for a 35R, thats why it was never in the comparison to begin w/ although according to Az3ar's dyno, full spool is at 4200rpm. Here is his dyno https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...8&page=2&pp=15

Now, according to this dyno, full spool on a GT35R doesn't not occur until 4600~4700rpm. I would find it VERY hard to believe that ATP's turbine adapter would flow THAT bad that the car would be outspool'ed by a big ole' 35R. Anyways, different cars, different setups, both dynoflashes.....take it for what you want, I will stick with my opinion. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=GT35r+dyno

I just wish if I had the time and the effort to look at this but I don’t anymore. The truth is that ATP 3071 is not a bad turbo but it's not the best. In fact nothing is better than the stock turbo so far and all we see and read is just rumors and some thoughts from a tuner or his followers. The truth is that every year that passes new ideas and more effort is being put in designing a better turbo for the EVO. This White Rabbit could be a great turbo because we did not hear about it at all. Unlike Vishnu and BR etc etc you keep hearing things and there answer when you ask is "still in development"...

Good companies don’t use the forums as much as other to runs there business and the FP green on the X STi was just great.

I believe that EVOs are great cars out of the box and they really really save you @SS on the track. There is no need to changes turbos or cams... All you need is TBE and a nice safe tune.

I don’t hate my turbo in fact it was great on Shenandoah track but still there was much power that no one will use. I am not pro yet but pro people did not see the reason for it (12 year of professional racing).

If you are a drag fan then go ahead and buy a GT35 but on the track I have been to it will be a disaster and a complete disappointment. I can’t even imagine running GT35 on a technical track.

I have ridden Vishnu stage 3 . Although, the power was great top end but the spool was extremely late ~4700 RPM then it does not really hit till 5K or so but then you are flying.

What I wrote above are facts not some sales scam. I have tried many things and in the end the only 2 turbos that have proven success on the EVO were the 3071 and the stock turbo..

I hope that the rabbit will work as that will put more competition out there and in result we get better product.

Honestly no harm was intended to any Vendor but this is harsh reality.

BTW Is this turbo out because of Save Toby?

http://savetoby.com/

Quick Reply: New Bolt in turbo... FP White Rabbit.