Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Best sounding exhaust?¿

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27, 2005, 12:02 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Spec'd
I think you guys are trying to say you really like this one.
http://www.norcalevo.net/forums/modu...view_album.php

sounds like a diesel milk truck at idle...
Old Aug 27, 2005, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by anjapower
Helix..maintains composure at partial throttle and sounds like a ****ing beast at WOT:

BACK THE **** UP!!
Well, I am gladd I did not get the Helix. That thing is loud as hell. Can you even converse in the car when you are cruising?

My vote goes to the Invidia N1. Go here for my impressions. I will post an audio clip soon.
Old Aug 27, 2005, 06:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tanabe ultra medallion.
Old Aug 31, 2005, 03:52 AM
Evolving Member

I had the logic turbo back great quality from a great vendor. Sits a little close to the bumper (actually melted part of mine), but I'm sure if you had a heat shield you could prevent that, and the thing sounded awesome. I let my exhaust go when i traded last week for a new 05... I am currently in the market for a new turboback... I want that HKS carbon Ti soooo bad but for the price of just the catback I could easily get a full turboback with sum change left. I want sumthin loud tho.... I'm actually thinking about the buschur turbo back with the cat delete and the muffler delete... I love loud cars (as long as it has a good sound), and cops around here arent strict at all.... that helix is sounding pretty good tho. If there is anyone here with a sound cliup of the buschur turboback with the muffler delete I would love to hear it!!!!
Old Aug 31, 2005, 08:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by NC_EvO_GuY
I had the logic turbo back great quality from a great vendor. Sits a little close to the bumper (actually melted part of mine), but I'm sure if you had a heat shield you could prevent that, and the thing sounded awesome. I let my exhaust go when i traded last week for a new 05... I am currently in the market for a new turboback... I want that HKS carbon Ti soooo bad but for the price of just the catback I could easily get a full turboback with sum change left. I want sumthin loud tho.... I'm actually thinking about the buschur turbo back with the cat delete and the muffler delete... I love loud cars (as long as it has a good sound), and cops around here arent strict at all.... that helix is sounding pretty good tho. If there is anyone here with a sound cliup of the buschur turboback with the muffler delete I would love to hear it!!!!
So how loud was the Logic turbo back exactly? I'm looking for something throaty but not too loud. To me the sound clip of the Logic Performance fit the bill but I don't know if it was a cat-back or turbo back setup. Thanks!
Old Aug 31, 2005, 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by eddie
So how loud was the Logic turbo back exactly? I'm looking for something throaty but not too loud. To me the sound clip of the Logic Performance fit the bill but I don't know if it was a cat-back or turbo back setup. Thanks!
Hey Eddie

I'm pretty sure that sound clip was a catback only. The full TBE isn't too much louder, it also depends on wether you are going to run a cat or not.

dru
Old Aug 31, 2005, 09:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by nj1266
Well, I am gladd I did not get the Helix. That thing is loud as hell. Can you even converse in the car when you are cruising?

My vote goes to the Invidia N1. Go here for my impressions. I will post an audio clip soon.
Haha...you're listening to a clip of me revving it to near 7k with the camera right behind the exhaust.

The exhaust is loud but in no way is it annoying. You can hold conversations with ease. It isn't really loud in the cabin unless you're going WOT with the rear windows open.
Old Sep 1, 2005, 11:24 AM
Evolving Member

Can anyone with a sound clip or pictures of the HKS carbon Ti, Hks 30th anniv or the greddy ti on an evo post it?
Old Sep 1, 2005, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

I'll be the outcast.... Espelir JGT 500... I love mine!!
Old Sep 1, 2005, 02:07 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
greddy evo2 is best i've ever heard
Old Oct 27, 2006, 09:30 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by LogicPerformanc
Hey Eddie

I'm pretty sure that sound clip was a catback only. The full TBE isn't too much louder, it also depends on wether you are going to run a cat or not.

dru
Send ya a PM!
Old Oct 27, 2006, 10:24 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Asking who has the best sounding exhaust is like asking who you should marry. It's a matter of opinion.
Old Oct 27, 2006, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Sound "quality" is subjective, but volume is pretty scientific. I've had one of the loudest (greddy ti) and switched to one of the quietest (rMr). The RMR has a couple resonators but is true 3", flows nice and is the quietest out there. Good compromise for me. I love the sound. I don't think you can go wrong as long as its TRUE 3". Add resonators and cats into the mix and you are inevitably trading a little power for comfort.