Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tranny TSB? Where?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2005, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WOW! It's a TSB so you should't have such a problem!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 09:08 AM
Evolving Member

Guys, sorry to be the bearer of bad news. I just went through this, my 5th gear syncro went out and I went to the dealership with TSB in hand. A TSB is not a recall and they do not have to perform the work under warranty. The delership I went to denied my warranty claim due to modifications to the clutch (WORKS CK2 and aluminum flywheel). I asked to speak to the District Service Rep and he just happen to be there. We ended up in a shouting match, which was not pretty. How does a cluch cause a syncro to go bad, a 5th gear syncro at that.

Well I went home and called the dealership where I bought my car, didn't go there in the first place because it is an hour away. They were nice enough to go to bat for me with Mitsu and basically they split it with me 50/50 and the warranty labor rates. I also paid the extra to have the 2nd to 3rd gear syncro replaced at the same time since it is also included in the TSB.

Good luck, mitsu will not pay for anything without a fight. You have to determine if that is something you want to deal with . After 3 MItsu cars I am quite used to it, but I know that even though I love my EVO it will be my last mitsu car!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...hreadid=156157

Please go there!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 09:23 AM
Evolving Member

I had the same problem, they denied by TSB due to mods, and I am still running on the stock clutch. I will give Cedar Rapids Mitsubishi credit for trying.

They might as well sell the Evo with no warranty and save us some money up front. It seriously ought to be an option.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 09:28 AM
Evolved Member

RyanM...could you check that link out? do the poll and go post a complaint...f Mitsu!
Old Aug 29, 2005, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I took my car in with a shot T-case and 3rd, 4th gear grind. Lots of mods, talked about my cams and 1/4 times. Got it fixed under warranty, brand new t-case and rebuilt tranny.

I would suggest finding another dealer. If that fails, then fight with them.
Old Aug 29, 2005, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

GSU....please check out that link I posted...filll out the poll and file a complaint...i know you got it fixed, but it could help the next person with the problem!