Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Boosing only 11psi...please help!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2005, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hook up a MBC. This will correct your problem. The factory spring is set to 11 psi.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05-EVO-GSR
Hook up a MBC. This will correct your problem. The factory spring is set to 11 psi.
I like the idea of having a MBC, for what it does and solving my problem, but can't Mitsu void my warranty b/c of it. If so, i cant get it right now. What i dont understand is: if a MBC will solve my problem, do i still have to replace my possible non-stock vacuum hoses? Or does the MBC come with different ones?
Old Oct 26, 2005, 07:20 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by steevo
I like the idea of having a MBC, for what it does and solving my problem, but can't Mitsu void my warranty b/c of it. If so, i cant get it right now. What i dont understand is: if a MBC will solve my problem, do i still have to replace my possible non-stock vacuum hoses? Or does the MBC come with different ones?
I don't see how you could possibly have a warranty on a car that was modded to hell and had to have the turbo replaced already. Plus, the original warranty only applies to the original owner. 2nd owners get a limited warranty. How much is actually left on your 2nd-owner warranty?
Old Oct 26, 2005, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

The first service manager (not at the dealer i bought from) was cool as hell. He knew i had just bought the car, saw that it was basically "slapped back to stock", and he said i was cool, im covered under warranty, don't worry. Now that you mention, im not even sure about my "2nd owners" warranty. Didnt know it existed. Im very tempted to get a MBC to solve the problem, but would rather go with the hoses to keep it stock. Does the MBC work with my existing hoses or does it come with some? Im really confused on that part.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 08:30 PM
Evolved Member

The first service manager (not at the dealer i bought from) was cool as hell. He knew i had just bought the car, saw that it was basically "slapped back to stock", and he said i was cool, im covered under warranty, don't worry. Now that you mention, im not even sure about my "2nd owners" warranty. Didnt know it existed. Im very tempted to get a MBC to solve the problem, but would rather go with the hoses to keep it stock. Does the MBC work with my existing hoses or does it come with some? Im really confused on that part.
MBCs don't work with the factory boost lines, but we don't know if that's what you have or not. Our suspicion is that you have standard vaccuum hoses and not the factory boost lines with restrictor pills. If they are standard hoses, you will be able to use them for the MBC, but if they are the OEM lines, then you still don't know what the problem is.

I don't know about all MBCs, but the Hallman comes with one vaccuum line that I cut in half and used to connec my MBC to the wastegate and turbo nipples. They are just long enough for me to mount the MBC on my radiator fan.
Old Oct 26, 2005, 08:48 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Our suspicion is that you have standard vaccuum hoses and not the factory boost lines with restrictor pills. If they are standard hoses, you will be able to use them for the MBC, but if they are the OEM lines, then you still don't know what the problem is.
Ok , then posting pics will definately be the next step. I really appreciate all the help and information. I can actually sleep tonight knowing it can be fixed. Hopefully once i get the pics posted you guys can tell me if they are stock or not. If they are, it seems that will be a big problem. If they are not, seems easy to resolve. Knock on wood!
Old Oct 26, 2005, 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

Ok , then posting pics will definately be the next step. I really appreciate all the help and information. I can actually sleep tonight knowing it can be fixed. Hopefully once i get the pics posted you guys can tell me if they are stock or not. If they are, it seems that will be a big problem. If they are not, seems easy to resolve. Knock on wood!
PM me when you post pics in case I miss the thread.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 06:11 AM
Evolving Member

I'm having the exact same problem as the thread starter. I just bought a used evo, and the previous owner had a mbc on it, but she took it off and the car is maxing out at 11psi, and I also have a defi d gauge. So if I have aftermarket lines, without the mbc installed, that is the most boost I will get. If I were to hook up the stock lines, would I once again hit the stock boost setting? I could just hook up the mbc, but I just wanted to know if I return to factory lines if everything would go back to normal. Thanks
Old Oct 27, 2005, 06:15 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by flabarm
I'm having the exact same problem as the thread starter. I just bought a used evo, and the previous owner had a mbc on it, but she took it off and the car is maxing out at 11psi, and I also have a defi d gauge. So if I have aftermarket lines, without the mbc installed, that is the most boost I will get. If I were to hook up the stock lines, would I once again hit the stock boost setting? I could just hook up the mbc, but I just wanted to know if I return to factory lines if everything would go back to normal. Thanks
Yes.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 07:05 AM
Account Disabled

I had this problem, turned out to be the turbo was shot. The dealer said they would pay for a new turbo but not for the install, which was 450$. I decided to just pick up a low mile turbo for 300$ and put it in myself.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 07:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yes.
Thanks. I'm probably just going to hook to mbc back up instead of changing out the lines.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by BadazzCR
Seen this a bunch of times... you need to check your vaccum hoses that go from the compressor outlet and wastegate to the boost solonoid. This hose should have a small restrictor inside them that limits the amount of air through them. If this restrictor is removed you will not get more than 11-12psi.
hello... maybe you missed this post. I am about 99.9% positive this is your problem.
Old Oct 27, 2005, 07:57 AM
Evolved Member

Hey Doug at Top Speed..i am the tread poster...i could be at topspeed in 2-3hrs. Do you think you guys could solve the problem?? I just talked to your sales and he said you have 1 Forge MBC in stock. I cant take this 11 psi anymore! What do you think?
Old Oct 27, 2005, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

Best pics i could get...sorry ..cell phone cam. I hope this could possibly determine whether or not i have the hoses with the pill restrictors.
Attached Thumbnails Boosing only 11psi...please help!-image046.jpg   Boosing only 11psi...please help!-image048.jpg   Boosing only 11psi...please help!-image049.jpg  
Old Oct 27, 2005, 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Karash
Sounds like your vacuum hoses on your BC are backwards.
that's what I was thinking too. If the lines are roughted wrong, it just uses the wastgate to control boost. 11-12psi

Quick Reply: Boosing only 11psi...please help!