Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Need Fidanza cam gear instructions NOW! HELP!

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2005, 05:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Need Fidanza cam gear instructions NOW! HELP!

I have been told my vibrations are due to the cams being off or RETARDED 62-92 degrees! WTF??!!! I normally dont cuss, but W T F !!! does anyone have the installation instructions? please PM them to me, or show me where I can find out the install instructions! I am standing by, as I know you will help me out! Thanks in advance
Old Nov 3, 2005, 05:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
who told you that?
Old Nov 3, 2005, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

the new master tech. who pulled the cam cover off. But he is not sure of the way the gears line up. I doubt its off that much, I had it dynoed at dyno4mance, ran 135 MPH at putnampark raceway (roadcourse) and didnt have a problem. except the pop-pop of the methanol at high RPM.
Old Nov 3, 2005, 05:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by smokedmustang
the new master tech. who pulled the cam cover off. But he is not sure of the way the gears line up. I doubt its off that much, I had it dynoed at dyno4mance, ran 135 MPH at putnampark raceway (roadcourse) and didnt have a problem. except the pop-pop of the methanol at high RPM.
man you need a new master tech. your valves would be hitting the tops of the pistons if they were that much off
Old Nov 3, 2005, 05:54 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evo 8 ya
man you need a new master tech. your valves would be hitting the tops of the pistons if they were that much off
I agree with you evo8ya, he just said they are really off! but I haven't had trouble driving it, except at high RPM with what I assume is the Meth not tuned. It idles fine, and only vibrates my butt at 4K RPM and higher. I dont get it, I am not a mechanic, but there is no way it would run. he said the computer can compensate for 90 degrees. He is a Master tech Evo mechanic, and has run 4G63's all his life in 1/4 mile increments. He didn't install the cams. would the balance shaft being upside down cause him to see the cam gears off?
Old Nov 3, 2005, 05:58 PM
Evolved Member

Go to a reputable performance shop
Old Nov 3, 2005, 06:30 PM
Evolved Member

He will be pulling them out tonight, and re-doing them. will post results tomorrow Thanks again. My un-educated guess, the balance shafts are off, and the cams are off a FEW degrees! Thanks again, Kevin
Old Nov 3, 2005, 06:39 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If these are the vishnu cam gears you really need to call them as their cam gears to not index the way all others do....
Old Nov 3, 2005, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

I have been told my vibrations are due to the cams being off or RETARDED 62-92 degrees! WTF??!!! I normally dont cuss, but W T F !!! does anyone have the installation instructions? please PM them to me, or show me where I can find out the install instructions! I am standing by, as I know you will help me out! Thanks in advance
you would have all sorts of driveability issues if a cam was off that much. If it would run at all is the question. Your master mechanic obviously is looking for a reason "other" than the Mitsu parts. And I doubt he knows anything about adjustable cam gears. It's the "unknown" to him, and he's going to jump all over it. Balance shaft is the answer.

not to mention valve/piston contact!
Old Nov 4, 2005, 02:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dubbleugly01
you would have all sorts of driveability issues if a cam was off that much. If it would run at all is the question. Your master mechanic obviously is looking for a reason "other" than the Mitsu parts. And I doubt he knows anything about adjustable cam gears. It's the "unknown" to him, and he's going to jump all over it. Balance shaft is the answer.

not to mention valve/piston contact!
Thanks dubble, I agree, and he told me he is unfamiliar with these gears. I hope when I get there today, he solved the problem. Thanks for your input, I appreciate it.
Old Nov 4, 2005, 05:56 AM
Evolved Member

I agree with you evo8ya, he just said they are really off! but I haven't had trouble driving it, except at high RPM with what I assume is the Meth not tuned. It idles fine, and only vibrates my butt at 4K RPM and higher. I dont get it, I am not a mechanic, but there is no way it would run. he said the computer can compensate for 90 degrees. He is a Master tech Evo mechanic, and has run 4G63's all his life in 1/4 mile increments. He didn't install the cams. would the balance shaft being upside down cause him to see the cam gears off?
no it would just cause a vibration.