Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

:confused: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE WR TURBOS??

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2005, 05:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool What Happened To All The Wr Turbos??

just wondering what happen to all the white rabbit turbos that were purchased?? i know ZEUS had a great contact with them, as did i, but wondering what happend to everyone?? did you all just throw them under the bed with the rest of the parts or install them and didnt notice any gain?? i have one with the 10.5 hotside and the TiAl insides and is working well. anyone??
Old Nov 19, 2005, 05:19 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts
I have been very pleased with my WR turbo and post on here a lot.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 05:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Elmer Fudd is hunting wabbits

sorry couldn't help it hehe.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 05:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I did a LOT of upgrading all at once so can't speak to the WR as a discreet upgrade. W/3"TBE, 264/272, intake, FMIC & piping, fuel pump, injectors, 10.5 hotside, O2 housing, and WR I FINALLY got tuned late this week - it's awesome! No more events (drag, etc.) here until spring tho and God knows no AWD dynos around.

What I know is it's a damn beast now ... my hands were full before w/just 3"TBE. This is wild to drive!
Old Nov 19, 2005, 05:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by KazzEvo8
I did a LOT of upgrading all at once so can't speak to the WR as a discreet upgrade. W/3"TBE, 264/272, intake, FMIC & piping, fuel pump, injectors, 10.5 hotside, O2 housing, and WR I FINALLY got tuned late this week - it's awesome! No more events (drag, etc.) here until spring tho and God knows no AWD dynos around.

What I know is it's a damn beast now ... my hands were full before w/just 3"TBE. This is wild to drive!
What did you dyno at?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 06:15 PM
Evolved Member

I Just decided to say Fudge it, I am going to put the gt3076 on next month. No more baby turbo's.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 06:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by fsugatorbait
What did you dyno at?
I have no AWD dynos within hours of me - she's never been dyno'd. That was what half my post was about ... won't know where she is drag-wise either until next spring. Midwest winters suck ...
Old Nov 19, 2005, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

Still I have not seen any impressive numbers for a $1500 turbo. Most of the numbers I have seen compared to my 05 stock turbo seem not like what I personally would expect from a so expensive turbo. If anyone makes a GT30 with .63 or .72 turbine housing then that would be sick type bolt on turbo. For example, FP made for the Subaru's the damn FP RED and now thats a kick **** turbo 450 whp on a conservative tune on a 2.0L WRX so when you guys will make something like that for the EVO's?
Old Nov 19, 2005, 07:57 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Mine is running great, not a single problem yet. I have about 10k on the WR. When the initial swap went on I was a still learning the utec but now that I gained quite a bit of knowledge about it the tune was a night and day difference. I am running the Maftpro now and it's even better, the WR turbo loves unrestricted air. But I am always in the quest for more and sadly my WR will be up for sale sometime next year. I hate to get rid of it, especially the quick spool, decent power, sound, and just knowing I have one makes it a hard decision. The only thing I regret is not getting the HP actuator with it, this is a must if you decide on a WR purchase.

Randy- this turbo wasn't built for high HP, this has been explained numerous times. If you want the threads Im sure I can dig them up. What this turbo does is flow more than the stocker, holds boost in the higher rpms, I run about 6-7 degrees more timing than my stocker (9.8). It was built to keep the stock type turbo with a few advantages. Every dyno sheet thats been posted some jackass always has to come up with the comment "the stock turbo can do that" The graphs are a lot more linear than the stock ones I've seen.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 08:01 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

Originally Posted by joeymia
Elmer Fudd is hunting wabbits

sorry couldn't help it hehe.

HAHAHAHHHAHHHAHAHAAHHAH!!!!! BEST POST ABOUT THE WABBIT SO FAR!!! HAHAHHAAHAHAHAH!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 19, 2005, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

Like I said, if I upgrade a turbo would be for high power not for some average gains compared to the 05 turbo which already has the 10.5 hotside. When FP makes a turbo like the FP RED then I will surely buy one no questions asked. Remember its only a matter of taste and performance needed.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 08:09 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

Originally Posted by dryad001
Mine is running great, not a single problem yet. I have about 10k on the WR. When the initial swap went on I was a still learning the utec but now that I gained quite a bit of knowledge about it the tune was a night and day difference. I am running the Maftpro now and it's even better, the WR turbo loves unrestricted air. But I am always in the quest for more and sadly my WR will be up for sale sometime next year. I hate to get rid of it, especially the quick spool, decent power, sound, and just knowing I have one makes it a hard decision. The only thing I regret is not getting the HP actuator with it, this is a must if you decide on a WR purchase.

Randy- this turbo wasn't built for high HP, this has been explained numerous times. If you want the threads Im sure I can dig them up. What this turbo does is flow more than the stocker, holds boost in the higher rpms, I run about 6-7 degrees more timing than my stocker (9.8). It was built to keep the stock type turbo with a few advantages. Every dyno sheet thats been posted some jackass always has to come up with the comment "the stock turbo can do that" The graphs are a lot more linear than the stock ones I've seen.
agreed very well. the stock turbo will indeed do the same numbers, HOWEVER, with the WR not only will boost still be there at 8k rpm, the HP will be also. it is not just a SPIKE or PEAK in HP but a smoother curve of HP. the stock turbo will only allow for so much boost before it just tapers off and just blows hot air meaning it isnt very efficient like the WR wheel upgrade-and again it is NOT just a $1500.00 turbo. you can get the upgrade to your existing turbo for much much less than that. people on here that have the turbo now know the benifits of a STOCK type of turbo. if you read my sig you can see the route i took for my WR. once WORKS alky kit is available, i will be getting the silly wabbit drunk....stay tuned...
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by Randy
Still I have not seen any impressive numbers for a $1500 turbo. Most of the numbers I have seen compared to my 05 stock turbo seem not like what I personally would expect from a so expensive turbo. If anyone makes a GT30 with .63 or .72 turbine housing then that would be sick type bolt on turbo. For example, FP made for the Subaru's the damn FP RED and now thats a kick **** turbo 450 whp on a conservative tune on a 2.0L WRX so when you guys will make something like that for the EVO's?
shut up... this turbo is not about hte numbers.
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:20 PM
Evolved Member

Cool

/\/\/\/\/\ahahahhaahhah!!!! if he had one, he would understand. people just dont think about the power curve, just peak dyno numbers. like 'MY CAR MADE xxxHP ON A INFLATED DYNO!!! SEE!!!SEEE!! I HAVE MY DYNO SHEET!! IT MADE MAD POWAH FOR LIKE 2000 RPM HERE LOOK!! SEEE IT MADE IT HERE FROM 5800 TO 6000RPM!!!! I GOTS MORE POWAH THAN YOU!!!' sorry, had to get that out.....hahaah!!!
Old Nov 19, 2005, 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
hahahhaa good laff.

Quick Reply: :confused: WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE WR TURBOS??