Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Evo Owner... What YA thInk

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New Evo Owner... What YA thInk

here is the deal i am 17 years old i live in the subs of chicago, i totaled my 2002 camaro LS1..... and i bought a evo 9 MR..... now i am schedualed at AMS on the 28th, hense why i am posting this... i do my research before i ask questions AND I MADE MY OWN STAGE KIT... CALLED THE NIKO STAGE LOL J/K.... ne wayz, TELL ME HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU THINK THAT I WILL BE PRODUCING AND IF I CHOOSE WISELY..... also SHoped ArouNd for CheaP PriceS

My Evolution Stage (i dont know) KIT

EXHAUST - LOUND AND POWERFULL ( wartalon already distroyed my idea)

Perrin Test Pipe - $175 (evomoto.com)

Carbon Fiber Exhaust Heat Shield - $98 (evomoto.com)

AMS Lower IC Piping - $220 (evomoto.com)

Injen Intake W/Upper IC Pipe - $355 (evomoto.com)

Greddy Type S - $199 (jscspeed.com)

AMS Flash - $749 (amsperformance.com)

Greddy Boost Controller - $299 (jscspeed.com)

Apexi Turbo Timer - $89 (jscspeed.com)

B&M Adjustable Short Shifter - $159 (evomoto.com)
2pc Solid Shifter Under-Hood Cable Bushings - $26.95
8pc Stiff Shifter Bushings Kit Metal - $27.95
cant get the short shifter because they do not make it for the MR ....

AWD Warning Sticker - $4.95 J(evomoto.com)

Total - $3,277 (about)
==========================================
Comments - Ask if my launch control can be raised

Last edited by EuroRacer09; Feb 14, 2006 at 12:10 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:31 PM

Talking Also

please do not poke or make fun of my EUROracer screen name...... its just something i thought would be witty and unique thank you.... please comment
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
17, able to buy a brand new IX MR and then go dish out $3300 on basic mods? I love how you said you "shopped around," yet are buying some of the most expensive things possible. What do you do for a living?

You'll have around 330-340whp on a Dynojet, and that could be achieved for about $1500 less on a weaker VIII. It might suck still having the stock downpipe, too...
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:48 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by EuroRacer09
here is the deal i am 17 years old i live in the subs of chicago, i totaled my 2002 camaro LS1..... and i bought a evo 9 MR..... now i am schedualed at AMS on the 28th, hense why i am posting this... i do my research before i ask questions AND I MADE MY OWN STAGE KIT... CALLED THE NIKO STAGE LOL J/K.... ne wayz, TELL ME HOW MUCH HORSEPOWER YOU THINK THAT I WILL BE PRODUCING AND IF I CHOOSE WISELY..... also SHoped ArouNd for CheaP PriceS

My Evolution Stage (i dont know) KIT

Greddy Ti Exhaust - $879 (jscspeed.com)

Perrin Test Pipe - $175 (evomoto.com)

Carbon Fiber Exhaust Heat Shield - $98 (evomoto.com)

AMS Lower IC Piping - $220 (evomoto.com)

Injen Intake W/Upper IC Pipe - $355 (evomoto.com)

Greddy Type S - $199 (jscspeed.com)

AMS Flash - $749 (amsperformance.com)

Greddy Boost Controller - $299 (jscspeed.com)

Apexi Turbo Timer - $89 (jscspeed.com)

B&M Adjustable Short Shifter - $159 (evomoto.com)
2pc Solid Shifter Under-Hood Cable Bushings - $26.95
8pc Stiff Shifter Bushings Kit Metal - $27.95

AWD Warning Sticker - $4.95 J(evomoto.com)

Total - $3,277 (about)
==========================================
Comments - Ask if my launch control can be raised
Doesn't look too bad. Get a downpipe, 3". I think the Greddy Ti is only a catback. Also I do not think the B&M will fit a mr.

You could do it alot cheaper, but it is your money. Basics you have covered with the exception of a downpipe. LICP is a great idea

Girlie
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:50 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, that short shifter is not for the MR. If you didn't already know that, then you have much to learn, young Padouin.
Old Feb 13, 2006, 11:58 PM

lol chill out there warrtalon.... just because i do not want to buy your amazing Megan exhaust doesent mean you can come and pick on a new evo owner..... be nice to me, i owned a v8, and fast and the furious showed me the way lol j/k..... ne wayz..... i will be sure to get a down pipe and ERASE THE SHORT-SHIFTER KIT, i would really like one though if ne one knows who makes one..... oh and WARRTALON.... its called rich parents lol j/k.... no i got accepted to college and this was my gift..... dont hate appreciate hahaha j/k with that one 2.... your right though that exhaust is a bit hefty.... im looking for really loud and non-addmission freindly TBE... where i live we do not have admissions.... so just throw one out there for me please
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:03 AM
Evolving Member

^ haha your lucky, i get pulled over everyday for my exhaust. Im 18 just dont prove everyone right about the young driver steriotype, so dont crash into a tree ok bro
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:05 AM
Evolved Member

lol chill out there warrtalon.... just because i do not want to buy your amazing Megan exhaust doesent mean you can come and pick on a new evo owner..... be nice to me, i owned a v8, and fast and the furious showed me the way lol j/k..... ne wayz..... i will be sure to get a down pipe and ERASE THE SHORT-SHIFTER KIT, i would really like one though if ne one knows who makes one..... oh and WARRTALON.... its called rich parents lol j/k.... no i got accepted to college and this was my gift..... dont hate appreciate hahaha j/k with that one 2.... your right though that exhaust is a bit hefty.... im looking for really loud and non-addmission freindly TBE... where i live we do not have admissions.... so just throw one out there for me please
Scary...

When you type LOL and J/K that many times, it means it was all really true, but you were reacting with a nervous laugh. The parts I highlighted really tell the story here...it's a sad, sad day in the Evo community. Getting all this just for getting ACCEPTED to college - wow, is that a big accomplishment? Are you sure that college you applied to actually had an ADMISSIONS department?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:07 AM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
Yeah, that short shifter is not for the MR. If you didn't already know that, then you have much to learn, young Padouin.
warrtalon.... please refrain yourself from using words like that, im younger generation.... and from the sound of that word its either non-exsistant or from some star wars movie that you might have seen, because you sound like the star wars type of person..... and i also went to www.dictionary.com and did not see the meaning... or maybe its non of the above, and you just dont know how to spell big words lol

Girlie, thank you for being so kind and help and expressing your ideas and comments in a freindly type manner
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:10 AM
Evolved Member

warrtalon.... please refrain yourself from using words like that, im younger generation....
What???? Please refrain from using "words like that," because you're "younger generation"? Wow, I thought the last post was shocking, but this keeps getting worse. Yes, the "Padouin" reference is from Star Wars. Notice that I capitalized it to indicate it was a proper noun and not a word with an actual meaning in the dictionary. I have no idea how to spell it, since it's just a movie reference...
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by stiguy
^ haha your lucky, i get pulled over everyday for my exhaust. Im 18 just dont prove everyone right about the young driver steriotype, so dont crash into a tree ok bro
lol yeah for sure, thanks StiGuy... for making me feel welcome to this forum unlike some other people *cough*WARTALON*cough*
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:13 AM
Evolving Member

It's Padawan.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:15 AM

Originally Posted by Warrtalon
What???? Please refrain from using "words like that," because you're "younger generation"? Wow, I thought the last post was shocking, but this keeps getting worse. Yes, the "Padouin" reference is from Star Wars. Notice that I capitalized it to indicate it was a proper noun and not a word with an actual meaning in the dictionary. I have no idea how to spell it, since it's just a movie reference...
i love you to star war man , if you dont have nothing nice to say then dont say it at all and btw i can use lol as much as i want to and you can not stop me.... wanna see? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

So does ne one have any ideas about a exhaust that is loud and has nice power gains?
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

i love you to star war man , if you dont have nothing nice to say then dont say it at all and btw i can use lol as much as i want to and you can not stop me.... wanna see? lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol lol

So does ne one have any ideas about a exhaust that is loud and has nice power gains?
Geez man, your grammar is wicked cool. Why don't you just get 3" straight pipe all the way from downpipe, since you don't have emissions and crap.
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:19 AM
Evolved Member

Warrtalon is very much a part of evom so I say get used to it

Quick Reply: New Evo Owner... What YA thInk