Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing Dyno Tunes New 3065 Turbo Kit

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:35 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Buschur Racing Dyno Tunes New 3065 Turbo Kit

I know alot of people were anxiously awaiting the results of our new GT3065 turbo kit that is on my car. David and I came into the shop on Saturday to get some #'s as the interest for this kit is begining to grow very quickly.

My car is a 2004 w/ 11,000 miles and is equipped with the following mods:
BR AIR FILTER KIT W/ 3" MASS AIR PIPE
BR 3" DOWNPIPE
BR 3" OFFROAD PIPE
BR 3" CATBACK w/ BR Muffler
DEFI BOOST GAUGE
2.5" UPPER IC PIPE w/ TiAL BOV
BR MINI BATTERY KIT
HKS 272 CAMS
ARP HEADSTUDS
BR RACE FMIC
WALBRO 255LPH FUEL PUMP
PRECISION 780cc INJECTORS
BR 3065 TURBO KIT
AEM EMS w/ BOOST CONTROL

Though it may seem like alot these are the parts that make up our stages 1-4 along with the addition of the AEM EMS, and the turbo kit. I am also still running the stock block, stock head, stock t/b and intake manifold with NO modification on 94 octane pump gas.

I wanted to build a car that I could fill up at the gas station, and go to dinner not a $10 per gallon of fuel track hog. I also wanted a car that had good driveability and made good power and I feel that has been accomplished. I can still throw some race gas in it, go to the track make a few passes and drive it to work the next morning. The turbo has a little bit more lag than I would like but it is not to bad and its something I can definately live with. My first impression of this on the dyno at first was..." I think I should have stuck with a smaller turbo like the 20G" then we started to get deeper and deeper into the tuning and the power started to rise. I'm very happy with the outcome

On a very very conservative tune when all was said and done it ended up putting down 342hp / 290 ft. lbs trq. @ 23 psi. The HP and Trq. curves are very smooth. Thanks for the kick a$$ tune David! I will have the dyno sheet up later today.

After the dyno session David had left and I was still messin around the shop and figured..."Well its nice out so I'll drive to the car wash and spray it off". I drove very sensible on the way to the wash getting a thumbs up from a kid at the gas station filling up his car. I sprayed the car off, started it up and backed it out of the bay noticing a guy and a girl spraying off their car in the bay next to me. Hearing the car back out the kid looked at me just shaking his head like " what a waste " or something. Well that stuff pi$$Es me off so I pulled out of the wash slow and subtle in first and was like " ahhh...what the hell" so I punched it is the only thing that came to mind. I could only stay in it for a split second as it was a 35mph zone . I wanted to cruise out to some back roads and rip through the gears but without a front bumper on the car I didnt want to destroy my fender splash guards as I just replaced them but it seemed like a good idea at the time.

Whenever the weather decides to break here I will be running this tank of 94 octane out and dumping in some C16 and see what kind of power we can make on race gas. The car will mostly be ran on 94 octane no alcohol but I will be using race gas on occasion.

Thanks again to David, Dan, and Steve for all the work they have put into my car!

I cant wait to get this thing on the street.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:43 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sounds like it is coming together real nice.

I can't wait to see that thing around with the bumper back on.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:47 AM
Evolved Member

I don't want to offend anyone, but it sounds like, from the modifications that you have, that you should have made more power...? What is this turbo comparable to...? You say it is larger than the 20g, so it must be of decent size.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolved Member

good stuff. seems like a nice alturnative to a 35r.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

When you say conservative.... how? Those seem like stock turbo numbers to me. I am not knocking the kit.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:01 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by hel_if_ino
I don't want to offend anyone, but it sounds like, from the modifications that you have, that you should have made more power...? What is this turbo comparable to...? You say it is larger than the 20g, so it must be of decent size.
The other supporting mods that are on my car only add up to right around $4000. We recommend going through our or similar staged upgrades before changing out turbo's as you would need the supporting mods to help the turbo function properly.

The hp #'s are quite well for a mustang dyno, very conservative tune with STRAIGHT 94 octane, 23 psi and 272 cams. If I throw race gas in it, turn up the boost and install some revolver cams the power will definately go up. There is plenty left in the car but I wanted a safe pump gas tune without pushing the stock engine to its limit. If you want dynojet #'s add 33% that would equal 454.86 hp.

A 3065 is pretty much in between a 30R and a 35R.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Dont forget that this is Buschers INFAMOUS super low reading mustang dyno!!! The numbers on 94 octane for a SAFE tune sound correct. Good show.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:02 AM

What is the turbo spooling at?
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:06 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by acastro6
What is the turbo spooling at?
It makes 20psi around 4400.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolved Member

so you are making about 454whp dynojet numbers? How does this turbo compare to a 3076r, is the 76 a slightly bigger turbo?
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:11 AM
Evolving Member

^^that is not too bad considering the size of the turbo. What about the Revolver cams do you believe will allow it to make more power than your 272's? I have been contemplating switching to a bigger cam and would like to know more.

Thanks and good numbers.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:12 AM
Evolved Member

hey jrod,

nice to see you guys are starting to tune your car. numbers do look very nice for a conservative tune. im guessing part of the reason for the conservative tune is due to what happened to me. oh well, hopefully i will be sending my car to you guys soon. Good luck with the rest of the tune!!
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by WrX Kila
so you are making about 454whp dynojet numbers? How does this turbo compare to a 3076r, is the 76 a slightly bigger turbo?
this turbo is exactly what he said it was, inbetween option to the 3076r and 35r or basically a hybrid of a 30r and 35r. by just looking at what he made on a conservative tune, you can see that he is making around the same power as a 3076r car would on pump AND alky fully tuned.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:16 AM
Evolved Member

A solid 50whp over a maxed out stocker on Buschur's dyno!! Sounds good to me.
Old Mar 13, 2006, 10:17 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by JoeWalker4G63
^^that is not too bad considering the size of the turbo. What about the Revolver cams do you believe will allow it to make more power than your 272's? I have been contemplating switching to a bigger cam and would like to know more.

Thanks and good numbers.
David's RS jumped up 22hp, and 50 ft. lbs. trq with switching from the HKS 280's to the Revolvers so it would be a good jump in hp and trq.

Jarrod
Buschur Racing Inc.

Quick Reply: Buschur Racing Dyno Tunes New 3065 Turbo Kit