Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

feul pump

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:24 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
feul pump

just wondering why people get bigger pumps? i searched a little but didn't find too much info. I want to know if I have a tbe, mbc, drop in, and ecutek flash, should i get a bigger feul pump for my ix and why??

thank you
Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:27 AM
byt
Evolving Member

you only want to upgrade your fuel system when your mods can potentially overwhelm it. most do the fuel pump/injectors when they get to the point of cams and larger turbo. you shouldn't need it with your basic boltons.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it's $90.00 insurance for your motor.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:49 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bluebanana23
it's $90.00 insurance for your motor.
i've read that it is "insurance" for the motor but why??? will the engine with my basic mods and boosting just a tad higher not get enough gas? i thought that had to do with injectors? please explain instead of just telling me what everyone just says. if i spend money i'd like to know why exactly i need this specific application. thank you!!
Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:54 AM
Evolved Member

It's not as important on the IXs as it is on the VIIIs because the pump is a little beefier, but you may want to ask your tuner before you get the tune. The issue is if a turbocharged car runs too lean, it will detonate causing major damage to the motor.
Old Mar 21, 2006, 09:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stikillller
i've read that it is "insurance" for the motor but why??? will the engine with my basic mods and boosting just a tad higher not get enough gas? i thought that had to do with injectors? please explain instead of just telling me what everyone just says. if i spend money i'd like to know why exactly i need this specific application. thank you!!
So you dont over work your fuel system if you do the car would run lien that happens your car goes boom. Thats as simple as i can say it. Its worth it if your going to upgrade with intake, tbe anything that relates to adding more power specialy cams.