Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Running rich

Search this Thread

Old May 3, 2006, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Running rich

this is confusing so bear with me...i know evos run rich regularaly that is just hw they are made....i recently got a TT flash and after that i ended up gettin about 14-15mpg (189-200)on a full tank.i called the guys at TT and the happily agreed to re-flash it again to see if they can lean it out a little...i got it back today and i have a question..at idle..it kinda seems like my exhaust gets "clogged" and sounds kinda like a backfire its really hard to explain..and inside the car kinda rumbles a little like its gonna stall but rpms are fine at about 900-1000...is this differnt or am i just a paranoid about my car like every1 else is...thanx
Old May 3, 2006, 04:23 PM
Evolving Member

My car regularly gets about 200 on regular driving (or less). But that is with similar set up plus 264 cams, 750 injectors, aem ems. I still get great non-stop highway mileage for my mods though. Roughly 240-260 highway. I have a slightly stronger idle than you. Maybe just get the idle adjusted.

Get yourself a wideband to be safe! And knocklight sensor.
Old May 3, 2006, 04:25 PM
Evolving Member

Also, did you get the car on the dyno to get a full log of your A/F. I say that is a must for any tuning.
Old May 3, 2006, 04:29 PM
Evolved Member

do you run leaded race gas ever? You may have fouled your 02 sensor. Unless you drive with your right foot planted in boost all the time, you're probably losing gas mileage in closed loop mode, which shouldn't have been effected by the TT tune. Either a boost leak after the MAF or a fried 02 sensor is my bet.
Old May 3, 2006, 04:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Evouser, didn't you have a Dynoflash and make the same complaint, then after I told you it WASN'T TUNING RELATED, you went and got a TT flash. You then came back and flaunted the fact that you suddenly had great gas milage (as if you can really tell so soon, but anyway...). Now, you're saying that the TT flash you originally said fixed your richness problem also has the same problem, so you then got ANOTHER TT flash?

This is what you said:

"Just got my ECU back from TT and it is awesome...Mike hooked me up with a awesome flash and was very polite also...I had a dynoflash but something wasnt right...i burned a crap load of gas and didnt have the power i was spose to(not dissing dynoflash in any way)...but after my TT flash i have great gas milage and i can feel more power than before...gettin dynoed later on in the week..thanx"

From this thread: Thanks to TT

I would think by now you realize there is another problem and that it's not the tunes you're receiving...

Last edited by Warrtalon; May 3, 2006 at 04:45 PM.
Old May 3, 2006, 05:39 PM
Evolving Member

there warrtalons goes again wiht his negative comments
Old May 3, 2006, 05:53 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evouser12
there warrtalons goes again wiht his negative comments
How can you call his comments negative when he just proved they were true?
Old May 3, 2006, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I've been helping you for months, and you didn't listen. You just went and got another flash then claimed it was your Dynoflash that made your car run like crap. Now, you tried to sneak this thread in after being gone for a long time hoping no one would notice that previous thread.

Don't you want your car to run right? You keep pointing to your tunes when this NEVER happens to anyone else with flashes. Your Dynoflash wasn't bad and your TT flash wasn't bad - this is obvious. Why did you go back and get yet ANOTHER flash from TT? Did you tell them that you had this exact same problem with your Dynoflash? If so, I would think they'd tell you to fix your car. Is it not clicking upstairs yet? People always point to their tune first when something is wrong, but most of the time it's something wrong with the car itself.