Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Saikou kun catch can thread

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2006, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It looks easy enought to mount the seperate cans from seeing the pictures. I just am not able to picture a mounting location for the dual can if you have stock ICP and battery. I like the dual can for simple ease of draining since your right there. So has anyone mounted the dual can set up that could please post a picture?

Thank You
Old Jun 13, 2006, 07:17 PM
Evolving Member

I got a chance to mount one of my cans to night. I have small battery so it was easy took me about 20 min to mount it.
Attached Thumbnails Saikou kun catch can thread-locationcan.jpg   Saikou kun catch can thread-mountcan.jpg  
Old Jun 13, 2006, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

I tried a test fit of my DC3 as well today and I am waiting on some decisions. I will post pics when I am done!

Saikou_kun - You have PM. Lets chat again!
Old Jun 13, 2006, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by CarFanatic
I got a chance to mount one of my cans to night. I have small battery so it was easy took me about 20 min to mount it.
Looks good!

Still waiting for mine.....
Old Jun 16, 2006, 01:10 PM
Evolving Member

Putting aside the legality of it, could you remove the pvc valve and run both the breather and crankcase side to a vented catch can? Like the arc setup but removing the pcv valve so that the case can vent the same under any load.
Old Jun 16, 2006, 02:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jmoudry
Putting aside the legality of it, could you remove the pvc valve and run both the breather and crankcase side to a vented catch can? Like the arc setup but removing the pcv valve so that the case can vent the same under any load.
Both fittings would go from the valve cover to a vented catch can?
That really wouldn't do anything IMO. There is no vacuum, and no significant pressure to force the blow-by products out from the valve cover area, and therefore no reason for a catch can either.
Your metered air is lost from the loop, and you will probably run lean. I believe someone said that you could tune for this change, but why would you want to do that?

I don't remember why ARC said to remove the PCV valve, can you repost that info?
Old Jun 16, 2006, 04:37 PM
Evolving Member

ARC dosn't have the instruction to remove the PCV valve. I was trying to think of a way to use their setup and still vent the PCV at idle. After posting I thought about the vacuum lose and realized that the case would be at near ambient pressure. I already have a single catch can and am trying to figure out how to use it in the most efficent mannor. I think I may install the catch can on the PCV side (moving the check valve to the manifold input side of the can) and then just put a filter on the breather input. I doubt that there would be an air metering issue due to the limited air flow through the case and the fact the the end air reaching the intake is mixed with oil vapor. Does this seem like a reasonable plan?
Old Jun 18, 2006, 08:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just installed the dual can setup with no problems. I used an existing bolt behind the stut tower bar on the right side of the engine near the PCV valve and the other can I used the OEM battery tie down.

Works like a charm with very minimal tubing used.

Because of the tiny pictures that are only allowed to be posted I didn't put any up. If anyone would like to see the setup just let me know and I can email them to you unless some can host them for me and just put a link to them.

Awesome product Especially if you are a road racer like me

Now I can't wait to get the weigthed sift knob
Old Jun 18, 2006, 09:51 PM
Evolved Member

should I put the stock line back on and take my breather out instead?? I thought that this would at least be better than the stock setup. Where can I see pics of the dual catch can setup?
Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:22 AM
Evolving Member

A breather filter on the crank case breather connection should be fine. The side you don't want to vent to the air is the PCV side. In a perfect world the breather side should only have air flowing in but the PCV valve leaks under boost forcing air out of the breather side.
Old Jun 19, 2006, 06:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evo8dad
I just installed the dual can setup with no problems. I used an existing bolt behind the stut tower bar on the right side of the engine near the PCV valve and the other can I used the OEM battery tie down.

Works like a charm with very minimal tubing used.

Because of the tiny pictures that are only allowed to be posted I didn't put any up. If anyone would like to see the setup just let me know and I can email them to you unless some can host them for me and just put a link to them.

Awesome product Especially if you are a road racer like me

Now I can't wait to get the weigthed sift knob
I am attaching resized photos I received from evo8dad

***I am noticing that so far, only one hole is used on the mounting bracket. I am guessing that only one is needed in practice.
Attached Thumbnails Saikou kun catch can thread-evo8dad0033.jpg   Saikou kun catch can thread-evo8dad0034.jpg   Saikou kun catch can thread-evo8dad0035.jpg   Saikou kun catch can thread-evo8dad0036.jpg   Saikou kun catch can thread-evo8dad0037.jpg  

Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:40 PM
Evolving Member

What!? Still no pics of the Dual can setup?
Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:42 PM
Evolved Member

I still gotta measure my darn bracket and get a new one from you! hopefully I can get to it this weekend...
Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:55 PM

Originally Posted by Saikou_kun
What!? Still no pics of the Dual can setup?
Mr. Saikou,
I think I originally signed up for a black set of cans, but now I think that red would look better. Can you please update the color on mine to red in addition to the change in position on one of the cans like we discussed?

I made a mock-up of the DC3 according to the dimensions you provided, but haven't had a chance to test fit it and measure for the bracket. It's still on my list of to-do's and hope to have something to you by Friday.

Thanks for all the help!
Old Jun 21, 2006, 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 405HP_Z06
Mr. Saikou,
I think I originally signed up for a black set of cans, but now I think that red would look better. Can you please update the color on mine to red in addition to the change in position on one of the cans like we discussed?

I made a mock-up of the DC3 according to the dimensions you provided, but haven't had a chance to test fit it and measure for the bracket. It's still on my list of to-do's and hope to have something to you by Friday.

Thanks for all the help!
Updated yo!

Quick Reply: Saikou kun catch can thread