Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Best source pressure source for MAP sensor?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2006, 07:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Best vacuum/ boost source for MAP sensor?

I just bought the Innovative LM-1 with Auxbox and the Auxbox has it's own built in MAP sensor for registering boost. It will also use a normal pressure type line ie. the stock boost gauge line but Innovative says that it registers boost more correctly via it's built in MAP sensor. What's the best vacuum/boost source for the MAP sensor? Innovative suggests something after the throttle body.

Last edited by Dus10; Sep 17, 2006 at 07:22 PM. Reason: screwed up title
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

Buy the Buschur MAP sensor adaptor. It goes in place of the stock one on the intake mani. But that will only work with the AEM EMS. I dont think you can just replace the stock one with another. I am not sure what the stock ECU would do. I may be wrong on that though. I run the AEM EMS and BR's machined adaptor worked beautifully.

Other option is to drill and tap.
Old Sep 17, 2006, 10:44 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dus10
I just bought the Innovative LM-1 with Auxbox and the Auxbox has it's own built in MAP sensor for registering boost. It will also use a normal pressure type line ie. the stock boost gauge line but Innovative says that it registers boost more correctly via it's built in MAP sensor. What's the best vacuum/boost source for the MAP sensor? Innovative suggests something after the throttle body.
I dont know what the LM-1 sensor looks like but im am sure it just has a nipple off of it for a vaccum line/hose to go over it. Just put a plastic/Metal t-fitting off the intake manifold "anywhere but for the brake booster hose" and run it to the LM-1 sensor. Off the intake manifold will give you more accurate readings to what is the actual psi the engine is getting.

Hope this helps.

Also make sure you use zip-ties and or some sort of clamp.