Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

took 15hrs but Buschurs 37r is amazing

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:06 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
took 15hrs but Buschurs 37r is amazing

*warning long*

So for the past month my evos been out for the count, ive been installing my BR 37r, 1000cc Injectors, BR modified high flow fuel pump. The kit looks amazing, i was a little skeptical on how itd do on my fully stock motor. So i decided to bolt it up to the stock motor before receiving my built motor from BR. everything was bolted up and i tunred the car over, nothing....the car was being flooded out w/ fuel. so i called up AL(dynoflash) and he said to come on down.

*heres where it gets long*

I left my house at about 9am with the trailer and arrived at Pruven performance at 11:30 for my appointment. I get there and they tell me that Al's not gonna be there till 1:30, so we head over to the mall for a couple hours and get back just as al arrives. He hops in my car and tries to tune it, but of course there has to be a problem, my mini battery is dead, but luckily he tells me that he has a brand new one at his house he'll give me for cost. Al has a bunch of customers that he needed to also tune, so for the next 5 hrs i sit around and wait for AL to finish up, around 6pm i get a lil doubtful that my tunes ever gone happen. Then pruven starts to lock, up... i hear the employees talking "Are we gonna do the evo on the trailer tonigh?" "HA, F*** that says another" im thinking sweeet i waited around for 7 hrs for nothing.

But have no fear, Al pulls me aside after finishing up and tells me that he knows a place that dynos 24hrs!!!!! So we head down to stamford to a place called "the shop" w/ a dyno dynamics dynamoteter. the shops owned by a guy named Jimmy, the nicest guy youll ever meet. in the shop he has a RHD skyline, c6 zo6, 8sec porsches, a gt2. jimmy straps my car onto the dyno, Al throws in the new battery and voila she starts!!! But only running on 3 cylinders, jiimmy finds the problem, one of the injector clips wasnt on all the way. so Al starts tuning. he got it up to 250whp and it started puffing mass amts of white smoke. we thought it was the turbo or a blown gasket,

we did a compression test, all cylinders were 190 but one, that one was 155. we did a leak down test and they were all less than 2% but the 155 was about 7%. Al said that one weak cylinder was normal for evos . He got on the phone and figured out that it was my breather valve on the valve cover being clogged. we threw her back on the dyno and made 390 whp on 24psi, i told Al to push the envelope and he brought it up to 30psi and we made 464 whp on pump and meth.

So we got the trailer loaded and left at about 230am. getting home at about 430am

My impressions on the turbo kit. first off let me say that we could have definately gotten more power out of this kit, but numer one i had no head studs, al was tuning at a 10.1 afr, and i only wanted to tune on pump and meth we had 0 knock. I know that when i come back after i get my studs in that ill be well over 500whp. I know this turbo is capable of much more, but most of the people w/ this kit are running built motors and ems and what not. I just wanted to show ppl what this kit can do on a stock motor and stock ecu.

I just wanna say thank you to BUSCHUR RACING for great customer service, a great product, and just for being the Shi*. Thank you Al for tuning my car till 2am and finding a place to get my car done. Thank you jimmy for letting us use your place so late and wrenching on my car.

Driving the car is great. i expected it to be really laggy, but when your driving it, it really isnt bad at all. I just wish i had more revs. it pulls so hard, than i have to shut it down.

so in conclusion i made about 418tq and 464whp on a STOCK motor, STOCK ecu,pump and meth, w/ a bad cylinder.

full mod list..... HKS 280 cams(i wanna go revolver 280s), meth inj, 1000cc inj, BR modified fuel pump, BR Race FMIC + piping, mini battery

Last edited by spak920; Nov 3, 2006 at 05:38 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Very cool! Al is a late night guy! Let me get this straight, you made all the power with 1,000 cc injectors and our "37r" kit with a REFLASH? That is very very cool.

Hope you enjoy the car!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:21 PM
Account Disabled

yes i did dave, like i said you guys are the shi**, ill being seing you guys in ohio for my built motor soon
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

Stock cams?

Great numbers.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Nice #'s man! All that on a ECUFlash!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:41 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by spak920
*warning long*

So for the past month my evos been out for the count, ive been installing my BR 37r, 1000cc Injectors, BR modified high flow fuel pump. The kit looks amazing, i was a little skeptical on how itd do on my fully stock motor. So i decided to bolt it up to the stock motor before receiving my built motor from BR. everything was bolted up and i tunred the car over, nothing....the car was being flooded out w/ fuel. so i called up AL(dynoflash) and he said to come on down.

*heres where it gets long*

I left my house at about 9am with the trailer and arrived at Pruven performance at 11:30 for my appointment. I get there and they tell me that Al's not gonna be there till 1:30, so we head over to the mall for a couple hours and get back just as al arrives. He hops in my car and tries to tune it, but of course there has to be a problem, my mini battery is dead, but luckily he tells me that he has a brand new one at his house he'll give me for cost. Al has a bunch of customers that he needed to also tune, so for the next 5 hrs i sit around and wait for AL to finish up, around 6pm i get a lil doubtful that my tunes ever gone happen. Then pruven starts to lock, up... i hear the employees talking "Are we gonna do the evo on the trailer tonigh?" "HA, F*** that says another" im thinking sweeet i waited around for 7 hrs for nothing.

But have no fear, Al pulls me aside after finishing up and tells me that he knows a place that dynos 24hrs!!!!! So we head down to stamford to a place called "the shop" w/ a dyno dynamics dynamoteter. the shops owned by a guy named Jimmy, the nicest guy youll ever meet. in the shop he has a RHD skyline, c6 zo6, 8sec porsches, a gt2. jimmy straps my car onto the dyno, Al throws in the new battery and voila she starts!!! But only running on 3 cylinders, jiimmy finds the problem, one of the injector clips wasnt on all the way. so Al starts tuning. he got it up to 250whp and it started puffing mass amts of white smoke. we thought it was the turbo or a blown gasket,

we did a compression test, all cylinders were 190 but one, that one was 155. we did a leak down test and they were all less than 2% but the 155 was about 7%. Al said that one weak cylinder was normal for evos . He got on the phone and figured out that it was my breather valve on the valve cover being clogged. we threw her back on the dyno and made 390 whp on 24psi, i told Al to push the envelope and he brought it up to 30psi and we made 464 whp on pump and meth.

So we got the trailer loaded and left at about 230am. getting home at about 430am

My impressions on the turbo kit. first off let me say that we could have definately gotten more power out of this kit, but numer one i had no head studs, al was tuning at a 10.1 afr, and i only wanted to tune on pump and meth we had 0 knock. I know that when i come back after i get my studs in that ill be well over 500whp. I know this turbo is capable of much more, but most of the people w/ this kit are running built motors and ems and what not. I just wanted to show ppl what this kit can do on a stock motor and stock ecu.

I just wanna say thank you to BUSCHUR RACING for great customer service, a great product, and just for being the Shi*. Thank you Al for tuning my car till 2am and finding a place to get my car done. Thank you jimmy for letting us use your place so late and wrenching on my car.

Driving the car is great. i expected it to be really laggy, but when your driving it, it really isnt bad at all. I just wish i had more revs. it pulls so hard, than i have to shut it down.

so in conclusion i made 420tq and 464whp on a STOCK motor, STOCK ecu,pump and meth, w/ a bad cylinder.
Guys

This new Buschur Kit is THE BEST

The design is superior to any other set up on the market - comapring to other popular kits which use less expensive tial 38 mm wastegates attached to a 5 both ford turbine housing which limits A/R options - this Buschur unit applies a genuine tial V Band 44 mm Gate just like I use in my race evo and you have more options on back housing sizes

All 8 gauge medical grade constuction with a top notch 4 into 1 collector

You will love the quality and performance of this unit - and best of you will love the retail price of $3,600 COMPLETE

This is for the dual ball bearing GT37R a/k/a T67 P Trim - with ported compressor shroud

This unit is 700 whp capable with supporting mods

November special on these turbo kits I will give anyone who buys one of these from me a free custom reflash tune with it - (customer pays dyno time)

Buschur just keeps getting better and better !

Last edited by DynoFlash; Nov 5, 2006 at 03:15 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 02:44 PM
Account Disabled

PS - we have seen many evos with one low cylinder on stock blocks - they usualky run fine
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

when did the turbo hit full spool on the 2.0?

Thanks
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good stuff man! Congrats!
Nice job Al and Buschur!
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Great numbers , al is the man he just knows too many people
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

180 ft lbs of tq at 4100 rpm? DB would a stroker be a less ideal setup due to the rev limit in terms of trying to recoop some some spool.

Scorke
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
nice read...glad to hear some positive about Al..
24hr dyno...nice lol
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Rcebowl
when did the turbo hit full spool on the 2.0?

Thanks
Looks like about 5500-5600rpm, unless Im reading the graph wrong.

How high are you reving to? Also what do you have for cams? Very nice #'s though, Im torn between this kit and their 35R.
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by DynoFlash
Guys

This new Buschur Kit is THE BEST

The design is superior to any other set up on the market -

All 8 gauge medical grade constuction with a top notch 4 into 1 collector
Is this the kit using the S.S. tubular header kit instead of the Buschur cast manifold?
Old Nov 3, 2006, 03:30 PM
Evolved Member

hmm.. with a IX + GSC cams + injectors and MIVEC tuning that would make a fun timebomb to drive around until it lets go.. then finish it up w/ the built motor and EMS.. ideas ideas.

Quick Reply: took 15hrs but Buschurs 37r is amazing