Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

oil catch can?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2008, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by WADADLIG_OZ
How bad for the turbo is it to allow this oil to run into it?

I pulled off that intake hose the other day to change out my radiator and found black oil in my turbo.

Cars runs fine but this can't be good? I am going to need one of these catch cans to solve that issue.

WADAD
That is why you want a really god catch can (DC3)....Capture oil before it goes into turbo (and covers your FMIC -- lowering the cooling efficiency) as well as catch oil before it goes into your intake manifold (lowering your effective octane)....I drain my catch cans about every 1k miles and am shocked how much oil is in both....
Old Feb 1, 2009, 11:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awsomeness,

I am confused! I have been racking my brain on this catch can conundrum. I have noticed that people who run the catch can to the intake/valve cover it doesnt' catch very much.

How about running it from the PCV valve and getting the vacuum from the connect point on the intake manifold????

Last edited by huevosrancheros; Feb 2, 2009 at 01:51 AM.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBevO8
I decided to go with the RRE. It is not as blingy as the Greddy and ones like that but it sold me on the fact that it has seperate lines for the manifold and PCV, has a breather on it, is very easy to mount, and has a drain valve on the bottom so you dont need to remove it from the engine bay to drain it. And it is only $49!!!

Looks like im going for the RRE as well.
Old Feb 2, 2009, 02:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by huevosrancheros
awsomeness,

I am confused! I have been racking my brain on this catch can conundrum. I have noticed that people who run the catch can to the intake/valve cover it doesnt' catch very much.

How about running it from the PCV valve and getting the vacuum from the connect point on the intake manifold????
just got my answer
Old Feb 2, 2009, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

wow i was jsut looking at catch cans again and i saw the buschur one as one with a good design was going to ask if anyone has experience with this catch can? i might just make a custom one based off their design since i think that $260 for a can is a little overboard.
Old Mar 5, 2009, 07:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evobeatsti
wow i was jsut looking at catch cans again and i saw the buschur one as one with a good design was going to ask if anyone has experience with this catch can? i might just make a custom one based off their design since i think that $260 for a can is a little overboard.
260 is a little bit too overboard for a catch can. Im going to have to agree with you on that one, sir.