Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Power Enterprise RX6R Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:29 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jj_008
The TCW77 has a similar sized compressor wheel as a GT35R. The turbine wheel is a little bit bigger then a GT30R but smaller then a GT35R. All RX6 turbo's use a much bigger compressor housing then Garrett use (would be a .80 A/R garrett). The turbine side is where things get weird.

I had the Apexi kit and the P20 is really a mismatch for the TCW77. I think what Apexi was trying to do was make a pump gas monster with decent spool up. The funny part about the TCW77 is it's effciency range is 30-38psi and the P20 housing causes too much back pressure over 30psi to make some serious hp. I really wish Apexi would have used the TCW15 like they did for the EVO 7 instead of the TCW77.

The other big issue with the RX6 turbos are the cost of the backsides. You can buy a new Garrett turbo for the same price. Which is one of the reasons I never switched mine.

One neat thing about the RX6 turbos are there weights. They are about 2/3's the weight of a Garrett. The exhaust flange is about the same size as a T25 and the exhaust outlet is around 3". The compressor inlet is around 2.75" and the outlet is 2.5".
Nice info. IMO i wouldnt get it.
So if you had to do it all over again...would you of bought that kit or something else?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 01:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOllie
you rockin the stock block? and back to the price..did u find this kit cheap some where? or you getting it straight from them
I still have the stock block, stock FMIC, and all stock piping minus the Nisei LICP. I got the kit for a good deal. There were only two kits at this price. Now the rest of them will be back at $5500+ . I plan to get an upgraded intercooler and 1000cc injectors.

jj 008: Are you sure the compressor inlet is 2.75" or is it closer to 2.88"? The PE setup kit that I got does not have the LICP that the Apex kit comes with, nor does it have the MAF suction pipe. Those are the two areas that concern me with the installation. However because its a different header, they might have changed the position of the turbo. Power Enterprise in japan said that the stock MAF pipe would work and the stock LICP would work. But I am kind of leary knowing what that compressor inlet and outlet sizes are.

Brian
Old Feb 17, 2007, 01:19 PM
Evolved Member

jj 008: Being that the PE kit has a larger a/r housing, do you think the back pressure would be lower causing it to be a better balance for the exhaust pressure at higher boost levels?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 01:28 PM
Evolving Member

The RX6 apexi kit does not come with a LICP either.. The turbo sits a bit higher than the stock setup. I had to just custom make a LICP.. otherwise you use the stock LICP and can make an extension so it reaches to the turbo.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 01:30 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
IMO your injector size is fine
when u put the kit on are u getting it reflashed? running a piggyback?
and far as the the intake pipe and LICP, any speed or fab shop can do this for u no problem. It shouldnt cost an arm and a leg
Old Feb 17, 2007, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Jondemand just got a few kits in if you're interested...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=250488
Old Feb 17, 2007, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
I still have the stock block, stock FMIC, and all stock piping minus the Nisei LICP. I got the kit for a good deal. There were only two kits at this price. Now the rest of them will be back at $5500+ . I plan to get an upgraded intercooler and 1000cc injectors.

jj 008: Are you sure the compressor inlet is 2.75" or is it closer to 2.88"? The PE setup kit that I got does not have the LICP that the Apex kit comes with, nor does it have the MAF suction pipe. Those are the two areas that concern me with the installation. However because its a different header, they might have changed the position of the turbo. Power Enterprise in japan said that the stock MAF pipe would work and the stock LICP would work. But I am kind of leary knowing what that compressor inlet and outlet sizes are.

Brian
I am pretty sure that mine was 2.75", but I could be wrong. The Power Enterprises version looks to use the surge ported covers. The one I had was not ported and I never had any surge either. I don't have an EVO anymore, but it could be possible to use the stock intake pipe.

The Apexi kit used the stock LICP's, but you had to modify one of the couplers to make it work. IMHO, that was the cheesiest part of the kit. It should have came with a 2.5" LICP.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

jj 008: Being that the PE kit has a larger a/r housing, do you think the back pressure would be lower causing it to be a better balance for the exhaust pressure at higher boost levels?
Absolutely. The only disadvadvantage will be an increase in spool time. The CyberEvo uses a P25 n there 700hp monster.

Of course, if you are using the TCW15 then a P20 will be just fine. Which version of the RX6 turbo is PE USA importing?

Last edited by jj_008; Feb 17, 2007 at 02:20 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 02:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by EVOllie
Nice info. IMO i wouldnt get it.
So if you had to do it all over again...would you of bought that kit or something else?
I really liked the Apex'i kit (Except for the LICP). The TCW77 is an absolute animal of a turbo. I just wish the turbos were a little cheaper so people could fine tune them a little better on there EVO's. I would love to see someone running a TCW76with a P18.

The RX6 series of turbos were actually designed for gasoline racing engines and F1.

If I could do it all over again, I would have got a TME with a EVO 9 compressor cover. Or maybe a small GT30R turbine wheel with a 71mm compressor.

Last edited by jj_008; Feb 17, 2007 at 02:32 PM.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 03:11 PM
Evolved Member

Absolutely. The only disadvadvantage will be an increase in spool time. The CyberEvo uses a P25 n there 700hp monster.

Of course, if you are using the TCW15 then a P20 will be just fine. Which version of the RX6 turbo is PE USA importing?
The PE kit uses the RX6R TW77 P22 . I bought mine from Jondemand .

In your original thread where you have pictures of your Apex kit, it shows a small alumnium IC pipe. I thought that is the one you used to hook it up to the stock lower piping?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...04&postcount=8

You can see it here. The PE kit doesnt show to have that piping unless you get the "FULL KIT" not just the setup kit.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 06:57 PM
Evolved Member

The PE kit uses the RX6R TW77 P22 . I bought mine from Jondemand .

In your original thread where you have pictures of your Apex kit, it shows a small alumnium IC pipe. I thought that is the one you used to hook it up to the stock lower piping?

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...04&postcount=8

You can see it here. The PE kit doesnt show to have that piping unless you get the "FULL KIT" not just the setup kit.
I forgot about that the little LICP piece. The whole LICP and couplers were a complete joke. Your better off getting a complete LICP special made. Of course, for $5700 you would hope it would be complete.

You will enjoy the sound of the TCW77. Under 30psi it sounds like any other turbo. Once over 30psi (it's effceincy zone) it sounds unreal and I had the stock airbox on. I can't wait to see what you can do with it.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Is WORKS using the TCW77? The Sparco EVO was running a TCW76 which they seemed to like.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:10 AM
Evolved Member

Is WORKS using the TCW77? The Sparco EVO was running a TCW76 which they seemed to like.
The told me they switched from the GT35R to the PE turbo. Which is the TCW77.
Old Feb 18, 2007, 09:53 AM

Please keep us updated. I am very curious about the new PE kits vs. the old Apexi kits. There are some differences which I hope will only improve on a already great setup. Congrats on the new purchase.
Old Mar 7, 2007, 06:56 PM
Evolved Member

Got the kit in. It appears that the kit I have has a TCW76 P22 housing. The inducer of the compressor wheel is a little smaller than a TCW77, but the exducer looks to be the same and the turbine wheel is the same on them all.

Brian

Quick Reply: Power Enterprise RX6R Turbo kit