Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Power Enterprise RX6R Turbo kit

Search this Thread

Old Feb 17, 2007, 05:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Power Enterprise RX6R Turbo kit

I was wondering if anyone is using the Power Enterprise RX6R kit. It uses a dual ball bearing turbo, like the Apexi Turbo kit. However the header is different, and the Power Enterprise doesnt use a water cooled wastegate. The Power Enterprise uses a RX6R P22 (p22 is the A/r). The Apexi uses a RX6B p20. I have searched and cant find any info at all on the Power Enterprise on. There is some stuff on the Apexi kit though.

Brian
Old Feb 17, 2007, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

go to buschur our ams.....get one of their turbo kits.....your better off and you'll make more power.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 07:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05 EVO RS
go to buschur our ams.....get one of their turbo kits.....your better off and you'll make more power.
That is not very useful information to me. But anyhow do you have any proof that the Bushur or AMS will make more power or are just quoting what other Fanboys have said. AMS makes good stuff, they make good power, but if you dont know anything about the Power Enterprise kit, then you cant make that assumption that the Power Enterprise makes less power.

Brian
Old Feb 17, 2007, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Well bang for bug i would suggest Buschur Racing!
As for the power what hp are you looking for??
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:05 AM
Evolved Member

There is somebody in NorCal I know running the APEXi Isamu RX6B Turbo Kit. You want to ask him any questions?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:19 AM

The IHI turbo has a very broad boost efficiency range. If you want a quality turbo that give you a very linear power band that is the turbo for you. It does cost more then a lot of the others but worth every penny.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:48 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TURBODAWG
I was wondering if anyone is using the Power Enterprise RX6R kit. It uses a dual ball bearing turbo, like the Apexi Turbo kit. However the header is different, and the Power Enterprise doesnt use a water cooled wastegate. The Power Enterprise uses a RX6R P22 (p22 is the A/r). The Apexi uses a RX6B p20. I have searched and cant find any info at all on the Power Enterprise on. There is some stuff on the Apexi kit though.

Brian
i know the apexi rx6 is kind is very simular in size of the 35r and it comes with a fairly big exhaust housing . but are you saying the rx6r is bigger? Do you know the MM sizes on everything? i was just curiuos on that.

How different is the manifold? Is it still tubular?
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:53 AM
Evolving Member

I say if your getting it for a deal, do it. How can u listen to ppl telling u not to do it when everyone has the same set up.

power enterprise makes some good stuff, at least the did a few years ago. i had there stuff on my RB25.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/pr...bishi/Evo.html

http://www.power-enterprise.co.jp/rx6r_turbo.html

The manifold is tubular. You can tell from the design of the header, that it is much different than the Apexi header. The Apexi header mounts the wastegate on top and has a long pipe that goes back to the downpipe that routes the wastegate back to the exhaust. The PE header is much more simple and hopefully robust.

I have yet to find anyone running the PE kit on an Evo, although people have claimned they have sold them. The only people, I know that are running it is Cyber Evo.

Brian
Old Feb 17, 2007, 10:57 AM

http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/pr...bishi/Evo.html
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Yea i just went to it, it looks like a nice kit...expensive though.

Are those kits like the greddy? where only certain turbos fit on the manifold? I was never a fan of that. I always stick to t3 or t4 flange manifolds...that way u can experiment with differant turbos or if u dont like the turbo your running you can change it and not limited to one line of turbos.
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

It is probably a special turbine flange, but I dont know for sure. Works switched from the Garret 35R to the IHI RX6, but I dont know if they had to have the manifold reworked. From what I read, you basically match the turbine housings to the power band you are looking for and max hp that you want. You can see from that chart in the link, that the biggest version the 77 version goes over 700 hp.

Brian
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

you rockin the stock block? and back to the price..did u find this kit cheap some where? or you getting it straight from them
Old Feb 17, 2007, 11:42 AM

bump for more info
Old Feb 17, 2007, 12:07 PM
Evolved Member

The TCW77 has a similar sized compressor wheel as a GT35R. The turbine wheel is a little bit bigger then a GT30R but smaller then a GT35R. All RX6 turbo's use a much bigger compressor housing then Garrett use (would be a .80 A/R garrett). The turbine side is where things get weird.

I had the Apexi kit and the P20 is really a mismatch for the TCW77. I think what Apexi was trying to do was make a pump gas monster with decent spool up. The funny part about the TCW77 is it's effciency range is 30-38psi and the P20 housing causes too much back pressure over 30psi to make some serious hp. I really wish Apexi would have used the TCW15 like they did for the EVO 7 instead of the TCW77.

The other big issue with the RX6 turbos are the cost of the backsides. You can buy a new Garrett turbo for the same price. Which is one of the reasons I never switched mine.

One neat thing about the RX6 turbos are there weights. They are about 2/3's the weight of a Garrett. The exhaust flange is about the same size as a T25 and the exhaust outlet is around 3". The compressor inlet is around 2.75" and the outlet is 2.5".

Quick Reply: Power Enterprise RX6R Turbo kit