Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Pillar Gauge Pod...

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2003, 02:05 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Pillar Gauge Pod...

Ok.. We all know there isn't currently a pillar mount for gauges, personally I don't intend to use them.. However I did find a part that matches VERY closely and requires minimal modification (a bit of a trim to get it to seat tight against the pillar)

Its for a General Motors G-Body (Malibu, Monte Carlo, Grand National) Its the Autometer Two Gauge Pillar mount, NOT A FULL A PILLAR though..

The rake of the windshield of these two cars is similar, therefore the angle of the gauges is real close to what we need for them to not look goofy.. It requires about 1/2 of plastic trimmed from one side to get it to sit tight against the pillar... but otherwise it looks REALLY close when I lined it up..

I was going through the junk from my malibu Race car, and found this pillar that I never used because I built a custom dash for the car with complete gauges..

I don't intend to install it on my car, but I wanted to pass this option along..
Old Jun 1, 2003, 05:57 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Picture Picture!
Old Jun 1, 2003, 11:47 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
I don't have a picture of it installed, and getting a shot of it lined up is nearly impossible.. HOWEVER you could go to a local speed shop and pick one up to see for yourself.. This would typically be an in-stock item since this particular GM Body style are a dime a dozen.. There is a sharp angle in the plastic and a lip (about 1/2 wide) that needs to be trimmed back for it to seat correctly, otherwise the angle of the gauge and the overall shape is "just right" to fit over the A Pillar.. If I had a spare a-pillar, I would mould it into the pillar and cast a mould of it, then make a few resin prototypes for fit.. But I already know a few other guys are doing pillars, and I personally don't like them so I don't really intend to make the effort.

If someone on Long Island is interested, they can meet up with me one night and I can show them the pillar.. If their willing to put in the effort to try it, they can have the pods..