Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Ebay intercooler testing from the Pros at Buschur Racing....the facts, the truth

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by inco9nito99
Just curious but do you think the fact that you're on a 35R + 40psi might have different effects on air temps vs. something like a stock 16g + ~28psi?
+1
how bout a test with closer to stock parts. and not 40 pounds of boost. personaly ive seen ebay intercoolers work wonders on SRT-4's with other basic bolt ons.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:01 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
A stock turbo makes even more heat than a GT35r does as it isn't nearly as efficient at higher boost levels. The results would not get better with a smaller turbo running higher boost, they would get even worse.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
so yes your race intercooler is better than the ams copy at huge power levels and super high boost.
but the ebay intercooler both the ams copy and generic 31x4x12 is a great deal at only $150 and far superior than the stock intercooler and is great for people under 500whp
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
srtfourplay. The information is right there in front of you. If you choose to buy the ebay do it. Looking at it anyway other than the facts is dumb.

The fact is the car still made good power. The fact is the car had VERY high increase in AIT's.

The fact is the car would have made a lot LESS power with any type of safety set up in the computer to compensate for AIT's. Had I been using knock control the power would have dropped to as the knock levels went up.

Those are the facts.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:07 PM
Evolved Member

Received 41 Likes on 25 Posts
Dave, I got the Deluxe FMIC a while back. Would you say that it is almost as efficient as the Race FMIC? I know its alot more efficient than the stock one after so many WOT pulls on the same tune and the difference in the knock count.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:07 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by riceball777
so yes your race intercooler is better than the ams copy at huge power levels and super high boost.
but the ebay intercooler both the ams copy and generic 31x4x12 is a great deal at only $150 and far superior than the stock intercooler and is great for people under 500whp

Where did you do your tests? Do you have data, or are you once again just posting for the sake of creating interference?
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Brian_H
Where did you do your tests? Do you have data, or are you once again just posting for the sake of creating interference?
Here, I'll post it again:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=258830

THE EBAY FMIC MAKES POWER
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:13 PM
Evolved Member

Yay! The $759.00 + tax and shipping Intercooler beat the $150 Intercooler shipped OTD. We all knew this would happen. For 4 times the money your Intercooler is better. Is 10 H.P. and 6Ft.lbs of torque worth $609? Not to me.

I do have one humble request. Put the stock Intercooler on your car and do a pull. I bet the EBAY Intercooler is better than stock and your Intercooler is slightly better than the EBAY Intercooler.

LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE!
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:15 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Originally Posted by sonicnofadz
Here, I'll post it again:

THE EBAY FMIC MAKES POWER

I had to take out a degree of timing, the runs are 2 days apart, similar temps and humidity +/- 10 degrees

Great controlled environment, what could possibly change in 2 days.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:16 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 05-EVO-GSR
Yay! The $759.00 + tax and shipping Intercooler beat the $150 Intercooler shipped OTD. We all knew this would happen. For 4 times the money your Intercooler is better. Is 10 H.P. and 6Ft.lbs of torque worth $609? Not to me.

I do have one humble request. Put the stock Intercooler on your car and do a pull. I bet the EBAY Intercooler is better than stock and your Intercooler is slightly better than the EBAY Intercooler.

Look at the temp reading not the horsepower, thats where the EBAY FMIC sucks ***
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by 05-EVO-GSR

+1 i would like to see that also
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
im sure most of the members here appreciate everything you do for the community dave. I dont think i have a single buschur part on my car anymore which i think is unfortunate in certain aspects of things but i have bought quite a few things from you in the past and the parts you guys sell and make are definitely great quality parts and outperform most parts on the market as well as are much more affordable.
What i would like to see if you get the chance is a test comparing your deluxe front mount and the actual ams front mount as well as your race to their race. I think those numbers would be quite interesting. I could assume as you stated before that maybe the test was done and the numbers werent something to post so its better to say nothing, but i prefer not to assume that and hope that someone would do the test themselves and post the info.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

its already been proven time and time again the ebay intercooler is great for the money and is far supiour to the stock intercooler. its also a great mod because you can sell the stock intercooler for more than the ebay cost new.

there the link again

and that only on the evo. countless 600+hp hondas run ebay intercoolers. there is simply no need to spend more than 300 on an intercooler espically on a stock motor with a 50trim/30r/35r
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Thank you for doing these tests, David.
Old Mar 28, 2007, 03:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts
good testing, we appreciate the free time you spend on R&D.

Quick Reply: Ebay intercooler testing from the Pros at Buschur Racing....the facts, the truth