Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

How to tune Blitz SBC I-D II ???

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2003, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How to tune Blitz SBC I-D II???

Hi guys, this is my virgin post. Got some enquiries to make regarding Blitz SBC I-D II Boost Controller on Evo 7.

1) I set my boost to 1.3 bar but it won't hold espacially 3rd, 4th and 5th gear. I did set to auto mode. No vacuum leak.

2) What is the difference between auto mode and manual mode?

3) What is the gain setting for??? Factory setting is 5. I did try using 5 and the boost hold on 1.3 bar very fast on 3rd gear but changing to 4th it will overboost, same goes to 5th gear. I tried setting it to 1 but the boost came slower and its like stop at 1.25 bar on 5th gear.

4) What is the scramble function for???

Thanks in advance for any inputs.

I'm using Ralliart ECU , 3" downpipe and straight through muffler and HKS Racing Suction Kit.

Last edited by Fo99Y; Jun 8, 2003 at 09:43 AM.
Old Jun 9, 2003, 01:34 PM

hello,
Well the first thing you want to to is not use the auto mode, because the manual instructions says "auto mode should not be used for high boost applications". So go with manual mode.

In manual mode the "gain" is the response of the boost, the more gain the better the response. To high of a gain might and you might get boost spikes. I've seen people set it as from 5 to 45.
Most people are setting their "ratios" in manual mode from 55-65 to acheive 1.3 bar. I depends on the climate.

Make sure the setting is for acutator and not external wastegate.

Hope this helps.
Old Jun 10, 2003, 02:34 AM

Hi evodemon, thanks for your inputs.

Does 1.3bar consider high boost?

What is boost spikes?

I did tried using manual boosting mode and its seems more responsive then the auto mode. I'm using ratio 54-55 and able to achive 1.38bar but on 5th gear it suddenly hits 1.44bar. Gain setting at (1). I set my GAIN from 1 to 20 also don't feel much difference. The boost controller is not holding to the desire boost i'm setting. Why does these happen?

Does anyone got an english manual for Blitz SBC I-D II? Mine is all in Japanese wording.

Zero sea level, night temperature around 27 degree C.

Thank you all in advance. All inputs are welcome!!!
Old Jun 10, 2003, 07:52 PM

You should check you boost levels in 3rd gear. Boost pressure in 5th gear is always higher.... you should avoid sustaining high boost pressures in 5th gear.

1.44 bars is about equal to 20.9 psi ... which is ok
I don't know if the evo vii runs rich in the higher rpms like the evo 8's here in the USA.
1.38 bars is fine i think it equates to 20 psi.
I don't know what the stock boost levels are in an evo vii.

You can PM me your email address and i can give you a manual for the sbc-id (version 1). It is a PDF file...
Old Aug 11, 2003, 09:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
These EBCs should be holding the SAME boost in EVERY gear, that is what they are made for.
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:51 PM

Blitz I-D ebc

Originally Posted by evodemon
hello,
Well the first thing you want to to is not use the auto mode, because the manual instructions says "auto mode should not be used for high boost applications". So go with manual mode.

In manual mode the "gain" is the response of the boost, the more gain the better the response. To high of a gain might and you might get boost spikes. I've seen people set it as from 5 to 45.
Most people are setting their "ratios" in manual mode from 55-65 to acheive 1.3 bar. I depends on the climate.

Make sure the setting is for acutator and not external wastegate.

Hope this helps.
I need help in getting my Blitz I-D ebc to attain 22psi can any one offer any setting to achieve 22 psi
I can easily get 22 psi with a mbc but only 15psi with the blitz when using the manual mode and the following settings
SET =22
Gain =25
limiter 7
My car is a 03 stock tubro 255 fuel pump 3 inch exh
Old Apr 2, 2024, 07:18 PM

Same thing here

Originally Posted by coachie
I need help in getting my Blitz I-D ebc to attain 22psi can any one offer any setting to achieve 22 psi
I can easily get 22 psi with a mbc but only 15psi with the blitz when using the manual mode and the following settings
SET =22
Gain =25
limiter 7
My car is a 03 stock tubro 255 fuel pump 3 inch exh

im having the same issue most I can do is like 15 gain and set 60 limiter I’ll put to 7 see if that does anything