Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

An orgasmic combination of parts.......

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2007, 06:41 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
An orgasmic combination of parts.......

I know, before anyone says it, you guys will want to see some pictures. We'll get to that

I just wanted to say a few things.

About a year ago, maybe a little more, my 2004 EVO RS was equipped with everything we build on it with an EVO Green turbo feeding the combination boost.

I LOVED the car. It was an absolute blast to drive. It ran a 10.88 at 128 on Neova radials driving it all over the place on a daily basis.

Then I installed a GT35R, the upgraded that to the HTA35r. The car was disgustingly powerful. On radials, still in daily driven form it has now run a 9.77 at 148.32 mph. Fast is an understatement. The power is freaking amazing. The problem is it's a turd, in my opinion, down low. So, the car sits alot as I don't find it great fun to drive. Yes, when the boost comes in and your on it there isn't much else that feels like it does. To just drive it around though, it bores me.

That brings me to my new ride. As some of you know I have worked out a deal with Trevor Jones, Dragnracing, to let him take our Time Attack race car and I took his 2005 EVO MR. There are more details but the "trade" isn't important.

We built the car for Trevor originally. Best ET is an 11.1, best MPH is 126. Remember this is with a 6 speed requiring Trevor to go into 5th! He has won a bunch of autocrosses with the car including the Winged Warrior 3 event this year. Trevor is an awesome diver, wait until you guys see him in the Magnum!

OK, once again back to my point. Trevor dropped the car off to me at the shootout. I drove it home, easy and then back to the shop.

At the shootout I threw it up on the dyno to get a baseline and double check the tune I had done for it a year earlier for the next days race. I touched up the map a bit and the car made 421 whp and 451 ft lbs of torque. This was done on E85.

That night and since then I have been driving the car. Now let me tell you, THIS is an orgasmic combination. The car is just flat out a freaking blast to drive. Boost is instant, torque is retarded down low, up top it just keeps pulling. The car made 421 flat on the dyno sheet all the way to 7500 rpm.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! It is so nice having a bad *** daily driver again that I truly enjoy driving around from point A to point B.

I am thinking of what to do as one guy only needs so many cars. I am above my limit by a lot. I can't sell my RS, it's all of our development and means a lot to me, it's absolutely perfect/flawless. I can't get rid of this one either.........I gotta try harder to sell some of my old stuff

For those interested here is what this car has:

BR Stages 1-4
1000 cc injectors
AEM EMS
BR Ported/coated manifold and 02 housing
BR Ported/coated EVO Green
BR Ported intake manifold
BR 65 mm throttle body
BR double pumper
BR coil on plug ignition
Runs on E85
Apexi N1 struts
Rear sway bar
Rear Strut tower bar
BR Race FMIC

Anyone interested in pics or a dyno sheet just say the word and I will get them posted up.

What a great freaking car. THANKS TREVOR, you've put me back into EVO heaven.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 06:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I seen the wife driving the car on Saturday and was thinking WTF Congrats on the new ride.

I am sure Trevor will love the Time Attack car, and look forward to seeing some times from him!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 06:58 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I love that car also - I wish everyone with an evo could see how amazing that car is - it is the best all around street car I have ever seen

Wait - acutally the 2nd best - behind the BADBISH or what ever you call your RS
Old Aug 22, 2007, 07:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Does the Trevor Evo have P&P head and what camshafts? Are the 1000 CC injectors and the double pumper needed for the E85? Would the car require such a high flow fuel system on pump gasoline? Could it get by on 780's and a single Walbro? This car has really incredible peak torque. What do you attribute that to?
Old Aug 22, 2007, 07:08 PM
Evolved Member

The head and shortblock are bone stock on Trevor's (now mine) car. Camshafts are Revolvers. Yes, the 1000cc injectors and double pumper are needed for the E85 at this horsepower level.

The car would not need that fuel system for normal pump gas. The 780's and a single pump would be fine.

The torque is from the tuning, E85, turbo and the cams. My RS made 450 whp and 451 torque when it had the green on C16.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I do have to agree that stock turbos and similar sized turbos are very, very fin cars to drive...all day long. Congrats on the new car Dave...
Old Aug 22, 2007, 07:24 PM
Evolved Member

Sh*t! I'd sure be content with Revolvers, an EMS, and one of your tunes on pump gas. In fact, I would be one happy camper and I could take Life's, "Happy Hunting Grounds" exit, knowing I'd given my Evo the best possible treatment available. Thanks for the info!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 07:25 PM
Evolved Member

I believe these are my next mods to finish up my car. 1000cc injectors, double pumper, my ported intake mani, tb, and of course another one of your awesome tunes!!!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 07:31 PM
Evolved Member

I feel the same way about my 35r Powered. Evo, i drive it a whole lot less now. then i ever did with the stock turbo. Dont get me wrong the top end it amazing. But it sucks down low. Im right there with ya dave.

on a lighter note. If you like torque. Why not get a z06 ???
Old Aug 22, 2007, 07:33 PM
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Damn it dave! You just make the best sh*t, this is a great parts combo for a DD!
Old Aug 22, 2007, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur

I LOVED the car. It was an absolute blast to drive. It ran a 10.88 at 128 on Neova radials driving it all over the place on a daily basis.

Then I installed a GT35R, the upgraded that to the HTA35r. The car was disgustingly powerful. On radials, still in daily driven form it has now run a 9.77 at 148.32 mph. Fast is an understatement. The power is freaking amazing. [B][The problem is it's a turd, in my opinion, down low. So, the car sits alot as I don't find it great fun to drive./B] Yes, when the boost comes in and your on it there isn't much else that feels like it does. To just drive it around though, it bores me.

That night and since then I have been driving the car. Now let me tell you, THIS is an orgasmic combination. The car is just flat out a freaking blast to drive. Boost is instant, torque is retarded down low, up top it just keeps pulling. The car made 421 flat on the dyno sheet all the way to 7500 rpm.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!! It is so nice having a bad *** daily driver again that I truly enjoy driving around from point A to point B.
Fun cars to drive have always been my thing. Far more important than stupid fast. These points you made are worth outlining in bold, because this is the car that 99% of readers here should be trying to build.
Old Aug 22, 2007, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

What clutch is the ex-Trevor car running?
Old Aug 22, 2007, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

The MR has an Exedy HD twin cerametalic in it.

The NUMBER ONE recommended build we tell people to do at our shop is our Stage 1 first and then up to Stage 4. That is an awsome car. It is fairly cheap, will run low 12 to high 11's and drives like stock. The rest of the list of parts just adds to the fun and will get that extra second out of it on a really good combo with a great driver to drop it into the high 10's. Still a fairly inexpensive build.

If the MR had a 5 speed there is no doubt in my mind the car would run 10.90's. A swap may be in its future.
Old Aug 23, 2007, 08:49 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Here is the dyno sheet:

Here are the photos of the car.

Old Aug 23, 2007, 09:46 AM
Evolved Member

Man i was hoping for some sex toys and stuff when it said orgasmic

Hey evo parts do the same for me Looks like a great way to go for a daily driven car. All these parts are tried and true

Quick Reply: An orgasmic combination of parts.......