Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EVO Green Options/Questions

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2008, 09:34 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO Scotland
Hi,

Goin to go with a Evo Green from EVO400 in the uk.
http://www.evo400.co.uk/index.php?ca...&ProductID=155

as you can see there are alot of options eg bb con ported shroud etc, are they worth it??

Also im goin to be running it on std internals, which aint done in the uk at around 1.5/1.6 bar of boost. on 99ron fuel.

I know alot of you guys in America are running on std internals, have you had any issues??

Thanks
Hey N, how's it going? Running 24psi on stock internal should be fine on 99ron fuel. We have done 28psi on cars with stock internals on stock & Green turbo w/o problems. Depending on the dyno, you should get close to 380-390 whp (MD dyno) with your setup... cheers...
Old Jan 22, 2008, 04:12 AM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Now that this thread has been resuscitated, I'd like to know whether the OP already ordered his Green, and if so, how did he finally have Evo400 configure it?
Old Jan 22, 2008, 05:09 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mwbmw
Hey N, how's it going? Running 24psi on stock internal should be fine on 99ron fuel. We have done 28psi on cars with stock internals on stock & Green turbo w/o problems. Depending on the dyno, you should get close to 380-390 whp (MD dyno) with your setup... cheers...

with forged internals what psi should i run?
and what should be the result on dyno!
Old Jan 22, 2008, 11:14 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Ducu
with forged internals what psi should i run?
and what should be the result on dyno!
that's hard to say since there are so many variables... i think your tuner is the one who answer that for ya... i imagine 400whp is not too far out of reach for a built motor on the Green. cheers.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Ducu
Guys...what should i expect on fuel pump...WHAT NUMBERS?
Did you mean to ask, what should I expect on pump fuel, and not, as you did, "fuel pump"? Your European 98 octane R.O.N. gasoline is equivalent to 93 octane R+M/2 gasoline marketed in the U.S.A.

Eventhough your motor is built with forged internals youŽll still need to have a safe tune to run higher boost levels on straight 98 octane R.O.N. gasoline. YouŽll still need to avoid excessive detonation.

The IX cylinderhead is less detonation prone than the older VIII head. A lot will depend on the agressiveness of your tune as to how much boost you can run.

I am tuned for 24 PSI maximum on 91 octane with my Evo VIII with a Green. We had to remove a little timing in certain places though(6000-7500 RPM). And still I feel safer turning the boost level down by one or two PSI.

On your IX maybe you can run 26-27 PSI max on 98 R.O.N. given a good safe tune. The problem is usually the ignition timing. But, if you pull a degree or so above 6000 RPM you should be O.K.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 12:45 PM
Evolving Member

I've got a ported green with the 18psi actuator, and pretty much all the recommended supported mods on an e6rs. Mark Shead from the uk mapped it on pump with an autronic sm4. I've been running 2bar everyday without issue, and our gas is worse than yours. I do have forged internals, but definitely don't think it's necessary for the green at all. Car has not been on the rollers, since Antigua has none, but easily ran an 11.6 with a 1.9 60' on c16. I wouldn't bother with the roller bearings as this thing hits 2.2bar by 3900rpm without, and you may introduce some surge.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:00 PM

Certain European countries have VAT (Value Added Tax) that they tack on imported items... i donno what the % is, but i've heard it's pretty high. There are ways to get around this, but that depends on the luck of the draw as well

When I import parts or cars I have to pay 10% Import Duty and 17.5% V.A.T.
I would like to know what are the ways around this if you would be so kind to divulge. I have heard of people getting suppliers to declare less value on invoices but if the package is lost/damaged you can only claim the value of the invoice so you loss both your hard earned and you package!

With regard the green I have one with the 18 PSI actuator. I intend running it on std internals, Motec M800, 750cc injectors, Cosworth M2 Cams, Inconel exhaust Manifold, Inconel turbo elbow(o2 Housing), APS Cold Air Intake and APS 3" Exhaust and possibly a Works throttlebody. I intend to max this out and see what happens. Many people say the std internals can't take it but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.

John
Old Jan 22, 2008, 10:18 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by johnd
When I import parts or cars I have to pay 10% Import Duty and 17.5% V.A.T.
I would like to know what are the ways around this if you would be so kind to divulge. I have heard of people getting suppliers to declare less value on invoices but if the package is lost/damaged you can only claim the value of the invoice so you loss both your hard earned and you package!
I usually send packages thru EMS. Since insurance is limited to $200 (or maybe a little more, i don't recall 100%) via this method, the declared value doesn't really matter. Your shipper can call it "Returned Merchandise" or "commercial sample." That all depends on the shipper.

Originally Posted by johnd
With regard the green I have one with the 18 PSI actuator. I intend running it on std internals, Motec M800, 750cc injectors, Cosworth M2 Cams, Inconel exhaust Manifold, Inconel turbo elbow(o2 Housing), APS Cold Air Intake and APS 3" Exhaust and possibly a Works throttlebody. I intend to max this out and see what happens. Many people say the std internals can't take it but I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
Is 750cc injectors enough for your Green? With the stock turbo on MoTeC M800, we are able to get 419wtqe/375whp with 104 octane fuel on a Mustang Dyno. Our quickest time thus far is 11.84 @ 119MPH. On the stock ecu, we were maxxed out at 350wtqe/350whp; but when we switched over to MoTeC, we gained 70wtqe and 25 whp. With the Green, i imagine you'll make a little more power and quicker times.

Mods:
- Mynes SR manifold
- Mynes 3" Intercooler with hard-pipe kit
- Tomei Pon Cams
- WFP with 104 octane @ 32 psi (boost controlled by MoTeC)
- Trust Titanium exhaust
- Stock 9 turbo and STOCK block

Old Jan 23, 2008, 05:19 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Now that this thread has been resuscitated, I'd like to know whether the OP already ordered his Green, and if so, how did he finally have Evo400 configure it?
Never went for a green. I had one b4 and this was the spec.

Ball Bearing conversion
EVO400/TD 4" Ported Shroud
Uprated 1.4 Bar Actuator
Polished Compressor Cover
Ported compressor outlet

Here is the power it made on another car
http://www.lancerregister.com/showth...ighlight=graph

I went for One of these (did not buy from here tho)
http://www.lancershop.com/customer/p...&cat=17&page=1
Old Jan 23, 2008, 07:20 AM

Is 750cc injectors enough for your Green? With the stock turbo on MoTeC M800, we are able to get 419wtqe/375whp with 104 octane fuel on a Mustang Dyno. Our quickest time thus far is 11.84 @ 119MPH. On the stock ecu, we were maxxed out at 350wtqe/350whp; but when we switched over to MoTeC, we gained 70wtqe and 25 whp. With the Green, i imagine you'll make a little more power and quicker times.

Mods:
- Mynes SR manifold
- Mynes 3" Intercooler with hard-pipe kit
- Tomei Pon Cams
- WFP with 104 octane @ 32 psi (boost controlled by MoTeC)
- Trust Titanium exhaust
- Stock 9 turbo and STOCK block
Was thinking they would be maybe need to have another look at it.

cheers

John
Old Jan 23, 2008, 08:01 PM

Evo Scotland - how do you like the EVO 9 TME? What gains/response did you get with this turbo? WHat is your setup?
I too am interested in the newer Mag 71 version for my EVO 8 but not much feedback from people here in the US!
Old Jan 24, 2008, 02:33 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by kusanagi
Evo Scotland - how do you like the EVO 9 TME? What gains/response did you get with this turbo? WHat is your setup?
I too am interested in the newer Mag 71 version for my EVO 8 but not much feedback from people here in the US!
see here
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...60#post5191960
Old Jan 24, 2008, 08:07 AM

thanx evo scotland!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 03:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Did you mean to ask, what should I expect on pump fuel, and not, as you did, "fuel pump"? Your European 98 octane R.O.N. gasoline is equivalent to 93 octane R+M/2 gasoline marketed in the U.S.A.

Eventhough your motor is built with forged internals youŽll still need to have a safe tune to run higher boost levels on straight 98 octane R.O.N. gasoline. YouŽll still need to avoid excessive detonation.

The IX cylinderhead is less detonation prone than the older VIII head. A lot will depend on the agressiveness of your tune as to how much boost you can run.

I am tuned for 24 PSI maximum on 91 octane with my Evo VIII with a Green. We had to remove a little timing in certain places though(6000-7500 RPM). And still I feel safer turning the boost level down by one or two PSI.

On your IX maybe you can run 26-27 PSI max on 98 R.O.N. given a good safe tune. The problem is usually the ignition timing. But, if you pull a degree or so above 6000
RPM you should be O.K.
Thanks a lot for the info. Hopefully we ll get everything out of it considering the build engine.
Ill put the result after im done, but untill then what is the difference between maxed out IX turbo(24-25 psi) and evogreen one??? Spool? Torque? Sensation? And not the last thing, the impact on the gearbox??
Thx a lot again and by shareing you help me, us , a lot!!
Old Jan 25, 2008, 11:59 PM

evo scotland, did you consider owen developments for the bb conversion? heard they are pretty reputable and does prodrive cars in the uk or something.