Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Dynoed brog warner 362

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30, 2007, 08:51 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Ya but is this the turbo with Extended Tip Technology?

Just wondering if this is one of there new designs? If this is the new design i was really hoping they would spool a little quicker.
Yea wondering same thing?
EvoM Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Finally some solid info on one of these! Good numbers but dayum on the boost threshold!
Evolving Member

good numbers keep up the good work
Old Nov 30, 2007, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k4EvoVIII
Ya but is this the turbo with Extended Tip Technology?

Just wondering if this is one of there new designs? If this is the new design i was really hoping they would spool a little quicker.
Extended Tip Technology: If you look at the trailing edge of the compressor wheel from the side, the majority of wheels are vertical. The Extended Tip leans outward, so \_/ instead of |_| This enables the wheel to create a higher pressure ratio for a given mass flow rate. So in that respect, it sort of/very little helps spool, but spool is mostly related to how fast you can get the wheel spin up, and that's probably more related to the bearings and materials the wheels are made from. Since the extended tip wheel has more mass, it sorta/very little hurts spool.

So basically, it just lets you get to a higher pressure ratio for given mass flow rate... makes for a good drag turbo I guess?
Old Nov 30, 2007, 09:57 AM
Evolved Member

nice.....
Old Nov 30, 2007, 09:59 AM
Evolved Member

that spool is horrendous but glad you like it.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:01 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by spdracerut
Extended Tip Technology: If you look at the trailing edge of the compressor wheel from the side, the majority of wheels are vertical. The Extended Tip leans outward, so \_/ instead of |_| This enables the wheel to create a higher pressure ratio for a given mass flow rate. So in that respect, it sort of/very little helps spool, but spool is mostly related to how fast you can get the wheel spin up, and that's probably more related to the bearings and materials the wheels are made from. Since the extended tip wheel has more mass, it sorta/very little hurts spool.

So basically, it just lets you get to a higher pressure ratio for given mass flow rate... makes for a good drag turbo I guess?
the way i look at it is the ETT stuff enables you to run a smaller turbo and make the same power. so smaller lighter internals means faster spool, but thanks to the ETT reduce choke at the top end, and still getting stonking top end.

thanks Chris.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 10:57 AM
Evolving Member

some pics of an extended tip compressor for you all to better understand the concept.

Old Nov 30, 2007, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
Thanks Martin, I was wondering exactly where the extended tip came into play whether it was the compressor cover or the compressor itself. Looks like that one saw some debris from the top picture?
Old Nov 30, 2007, 12:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Yes the turbo is simular the the 35r in size, just a hair bigger. it does have the extended tip. I choice it just to go a different route to see what kinda numbers it would do, since alot of fast pro drag racers use borg warner. it is laggy but you have to think i dont use those rpms in the quarter mile. but on the street, its nothing a down shift or brake boost cant fix.
Also i have a few things i dont think are helping me in the spool up department:
stock block,MAS,ECU,manifold, and im also running the .85 exhaust housing, and its non ball bearing.
i really believe that if i build the block with 9:1, AEM, and a full race divided manifold, and maybe even some s2 cams it would move that graph to the left....how much? i have no idea.

Last edited by EVOllie; May 3, 2008 at 11:37 AM.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

and yes they told me that the extended tip would help on spool, not sure if its true or not, but im happy with the power it made.

also im comparing my car to the peak boost evo. not sure what its making now, but it was a very simular set up, it was a stock block evo 8, with same fuel set up as mine. but it was running a better manifold, hydra EMS, hks280, and a 67mm turbo (mine is 62), @ 30psi it made 522hp and 400ft lbs.

PS. i have HKS cams, sorry i need to fix my sig
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOllie
. but on the street, its nothing a down shift or brake boost cant fix.
this is a good turbo for when you upgrade all the other stuff later on, but the problem is your powerband is very slim and while you may be able to get it to spool up OK for your liking anytime you start at 6000+ on a stock motor your only going to be able to get maybe 1500-1800 RPM of power. I'd say a well setup 50 trim would pull on you very hard on the street until 100+ mph.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:31 PM
Evolved Member

I'm not sure you can tell how a car will spool on the road based on a dyno run.

Also he says he's running a larger exhaust housing than the usual .63 a/r GT35's.
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:46 PM
Former Sponsor

id take that spool up if the powerband carries to 9500 w/o dropping off.. you also cant compare the spool up 100% off a dyno sheet.. you need boost reference on there to really see where it does make full boost..
Old Nov 30, 2007, 01:46 PM
Account Disabled

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by EVOllie
fast pro drag racers use brog warner.

Last edited by TTP Engineering; Nov 30, 2007 at 01:55 PM.

Quick Reply: Dynoed brog warner 362