Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

O2 housing, manifold, licp, uicp = How much gain?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2008, 06:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SixOneNine
What type of dyno does Harman use? If they use a dynojet, then those numbers are very low with those mods. If it's a dyno dynamics/mustang, then it seems about right. I believe they use a mustang dyno but I'm not 100% certain on it.

FYI, Harman is known for working/tuning more on Subies than Evo's.
Harman used a dynojet when they tuned my car. Now they have a mustang dyno in their new facility. I understand Harman is known for tuning subies..

Anywhere close to LA specializing in tuning EVO's at fair pricing? I've heard Road Race is not too far away from the LA area and they do a good job? right?

What Can I do to increase my gains with the same mods? I feel cheated. This is all with the tune?
Old Jan 6, 2008, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Zero gain.
Old Jan 6, 2008, 06:28 PM
Evolving Member

Yea, it's all about the the tune.

I'd recommend Road Race/Scot Grey in Santa Fe Springs, Tuning Technologies in Colton, or MFQ Motorsports in Burbank. Can't go wrong with these shops as they work on Evo's all day and specialize in them
Old Jan 6, 2008, 06:37 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Before using Grey you might read this post...https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=303845

As far as RRE they are great I have nothing but good thinks to say about them. But this Grey guy I would avoid.
Old Jan 9, 2008, 06:40 PM

I contacted RRE and told them about what I wanted to do. They advised me that they are getting a dyno installed in their shop for the first time and that I can comeby next week for a dyno tune. Seeing that they have never had a dyno and reading the information in the previous poster's thread (https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh....php?t=303845), it gets me kind of weary from taking my car to them.

They told me, one of the best gains on the EVO after you have your TBE and cams is 750cc injectors and a MBC of which I dont have either right now. He said he has see really good gains from the injector upgrade and they are about $399.00. He also said it would be better to upgrade the injectors rather than go with a meth injection kit.

What do you guys think?
Old Jan 9, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

First off I have never had anything bad to say about RRE. However after reading and looking at the post I mentioned I felt it needed to mention. Evo and DSM's are to different animals. I have both and my Talon indeed responds differently than my Evo. I would not use a tuner that uses the same logic to tune an Evo the way he tunes a DSM. So after looking at that Mivec map the Mr.Grey tuned it was evident that he should not be used to tune Evo's that was my point. RRE has been good to me and I'm not sure if Mr. Grey is an employee or what but I won't ever use him but RRE I would gladly use again and again......
Old Jan 21, 2008, 10:29 AM
Evolved Member

Good info
Old Jan 21, 2008, 04:46 PM
Former Sponsor

I'd suggest the muse motorsports manifold. It's a pre-ported cast manifold that'll get you the same gains from a ported manifold but doesn't require the down time.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Loveboost.....One of the reasons your numbers are low is because you have a cat. take that cat off and u will see excellent gains. And yeah it is a "performance cat" but i honestly believe there are no such things. just my 2 cents...but yeah u will see a 20 hp gain i believe with those mods.
Old Jan 22, 2008, 02:48 PM
Evolved Member

You think he would gain anything with a 3" downpipe instead of the 2.75" Tanabe dp?
Old Jan 29, 2008, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

no i dont not without opening up the cat anyway....cuz u got 3 inch opening out of the o2 housing then when it hits the cat it all stops.then u get back pressure.
Old Jan 30, 2008, 06:59 AM
Evolved Member

haha it is like a guessing game. I'll take a stab at it:

O2 Housing: 5-10 WHP and a big better flow (I've heard 15WHP before but I don't we will see that with low power Evos)

Manifold: 10-15 WHP, but more torque and spool seems like the obvious result

LICP: 5-10 WHP better throttle response

UICP: minimum HP increase, but maybe atleast a little better trottle response. If it is an injen kit with the stock pipe path, it is pointless IMO. A buschur or ams kit with the mini batt would be the best route.

Now go install the parts, dyno, and show us the numbers!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 09:01 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by LoveBoost
He said he has see really good gains from the injector upgrade and they are about $399.00. He also said it would be better to upgrade the injectors rather than go with a meth injection kit.

What do you guys think?
Bad info

If your not maxing out the stock injectors (some have made 370-380 DJ whp on pump with the stockers) and your not yet . Injectors will give you 0.00 HP if tuned to the same A/F

meth + new tune will make hp
Old Jan 30, 2008, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
As others here have already stated, (and to avoid playing the dyno number game), your mods should be giving you more power, unless of course the dyno is low reading.

My 03' VIII makes 301.2whp 275wtq w/ TBE, intake, MBC, and a tune (also a
Walboro). I think if you get the tune done, you'll see incredible gains, much more than by just adding those parts you listed w/o a proper tune. I'm talking 30whp w/ your mods. Get tuned!!
Old Jan 30, 2008, 10:19 AM
Evolved Member

No wonder my used EVO that had a **** ton of RRE parts on it has the bigger injectors and I couldn't find for the life of me figure out WHY they had them installed in the first place. Plus the tune from them that was on it when I bought the car is a complete cluster-suck. FWIW, I would just have Naji tune your car...