Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Compressor surge????

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2008, 06:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Compressor surge????

Well about 4 days ago i started to get a hesitant compressor surge sound. Hmmmm, kind of hard to describe. When in 4th, 5th, or 6th gear acceleration, i hear my turbo spooling but as it spools i hear some hesitation, starting at around 3800rpm and up. However my car does not hesitate, my boost maintains, i checked my hoses and switched from my Greddy type S BOV back to my MR BOV and it is still doing it. My mods as of right now are Intake, Turbo back, and my HKS EVC IV (which i have had for about 2 months. I have it set at 19psi (offset of 146). the funny thing is that when i power of my boost controller i cant hear that noise or hear it very minimal. My max boost with the my BC off is about 11psi. Question: should the stepping motor be sitting a certain way. Right now it is sitting flat, with vacum lines going straight out. I didnt know if it would be better to mount it facing upwards with vacum lines exiting up? Well i hope some one can give me some feedback. This is really bothering me. One of my friends said it could be compressor surge but didnt know why it would be doing that. Again, when i am in 4th through 6th gear my turbo spools and in the background i hear a hesitant sound of air. the sound is coming more from my left side. Sounds as if its coming from the intake. I found no leaks in the intake nor probs with the air filter. well thanks for your help ahead of time.
Old Jan 24, 2008, 04:38 AM

problem went away. could it have been the weather?? maybe
Old Jan 24, 2008, 06:39 AM
Evolved Member

yes