Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

35r anti surge compressor housings.

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2008, 06:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
drifto thanks. here is that pic

maybe scorke can come in here and tell us a little bit about it? where he got it who makes it?? thanks
Mine came straight from Garrett direct. Mine is the one that you get if you ask for a ported shroud from Garrett, its a bigger gap than the one they appear to use on the HTA 35R and has the little channels just like the one in the STI.

Because Drifto is the man, and knows whats up with turbo setups, one of his old friends and for a short while (I think he moved pretty far away) my friend 240twinturbo or 240ztwinturbo or something like that on the forums used to be able to find Garrett parts that most people couldn't.

I can't tell you you can buy them from him but look up his username and send him a PM and he might be able to help you out.

Scorke

p.s. Walker you have to see my IC. After seeing yours I was inspired to make my own, the end tanks aren't as pretty but its the same core
Old Feb 1, 2008, 06:53 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by riceball777
my first pick is how the turbo came straight from gattett in a garrett box with the garrett optional ported shroud
You didnt order it from Garrett you ordered it from ATP.

For all we know they could slap anybodies housings on there, I doubt they do however....

Its very rare you ever actually order a product like a turbo from the manufacturer, its always through a wholesaler or retailer.

Scorke
Old Feb 1, 2008, 06:55 AM
Evolved Member

drifto thanks. here is that pic

maybe scorke can come in here and tell us a little bit about it? where he got it who makes it?? thanks
that is the anti surge port we used to machine, now we do the housings with the equal length slit all the way around
Old Feb 1, 2008, 06:57 AM
Evolved Member

Equal length in terms of what? Are you saying that where the collar is you bore/machine it out so that there are no little ribs in between the inlet and the outside of the housing?

Just curious

Scorke
Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:00 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Equal length in terms of what? Are you saying that where the collar is you bore/machine it out so that there are no little ribs in between the inlet and the outside of the housing?

Just curious

Scorke
see how the inner circle is only about half the distance to the end of the larger circle? and on the new one they are equal length
Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Ah yeah totally, gotcha.

Does that help the stalled air get sucked in or just help when your far past the surge line sucking in as much air as you can?

I would venture a guess that its more to help with power once out of surge range?

On your /HTA housing he gap there seems incredibly small between the inner and smaller circle do you know what effect that will have on its ability to manage stalled air?

Thanks!

Scorke
Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:05 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
Ah yeah totally, gotcha.

Does that help the stalled air get sucked in or just help when your far past the surge line sucking in as much air as you can?

I would venture a guess that its more to help with power once out of surge range?

Do you know much about the housing on the HTA? The gap there seems incredibly small between the inner and smaller circle do you know what effect that will have on its ability to manage stalled air?

Thanks!

Scorke
all i can say is that the new design is much better at doing its job, part of the reason being it blasts the air out all the way and not half way causing turbulance in the intake like the previous design
Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:14 AM
Evolving Member

sorry one is on a slowbaru.

Thats funny I took that picture when I was installing that 35r a couple years ago. It was really hot out that day thus the fan on the motor. That Subaru was never slow.

That anti surge housing was offered through Perrin Performance for the 35r kit they sell. We never had any surging isues with it.

Last edited by SPIN2GST; Feb 1, 2008 at 07:21 AM.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 07:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
scorke thanks alot for posting.

tial sport

can you pm me your price on a cover for a garrett 35r. also do you have any of the 1st design in stock? does the new version work just as well or better? are you able to give us some info on efficiency better/worse and the power out put more/same/less.... we have all herd rumors but nothing factual. thanks alot for posting. turned out to be a great thread
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

I really can't wait to take you for a ride in my car
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolving Member

SOmebody please get this guy what he needs!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ty.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:09 AM
Evolved Member

pete, can i have one too?
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by yellowEVO21
pete, can i have one too?
Sure why not I'll let you drive my car so I can see how good the back of it looks
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
im ordering a cover this week. one of the too. scorkes pic or tial sport.

i just picked up an apexi avcr ebc so lets hope that fixes the over boosting im having. it should be here monday.
Old Feb 1, 2008, 08:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by U2SLO
Sure why not I'll let you drive my car so I can see how good the back of it looks
Haha I'll just make sure I'm not screaming like a little girl when I'm in the passenger seat...

Quick Reply: 35r anti surge compressor housings.