Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Why people should heed the advice.....

Search this Thread

Old Feb 19, 2008, 05:43 PM
DTM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by VIPGarage
wow, that really sucks. I'm sure the customer was not too happy to see his investment end up like that.
Marti, no he really is not. But in the end he will have a ported stocker, just like Dave has said for many years, that works and is guaranteed to last.

Last edited by DTM; Feb 19, 2008 at 05:54 PM.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 07:52 PM
Former Sponsor

good to know, thanks for the info.
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Ultimate CC
pics are very hard to tell where it is cracked but I have an idea of where it is in the pics...
You could say that every single runner was cracked where it was welded to the plenum and I'd say you were 100% right. You could also say that the venturi's were basically just barely tack welded into place which caused the one to fail and fall off.

Hopefully Nick will update this thread with the better pictures that I took since his skills at photography suck. My skills at tuning suck so it all works out.

Last edited by PharmEcis; Feb 20, 2008 at 05:56 AM.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:40 AM
Evolving Member

hmm NOS and alki on hot aluminum, never a good mix from what I have seen. I have even seen intercoolers crack from the NX cooler sprayers.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:49 AM
Former Sponsor

It may be a combination of material, rod used, welding method, amperage, and design. The welds look cold to me. For this stuff gas welding is the way to go.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:59 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
It may be a combination of material, rod used, welding method, amperage, and design.
Bingo!!
Old Feb 20, 2008, 05:59 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
It may be a combination of material, rod used, welding method, amperage, and design. The welds look cold to me. For this stuff gas welding is the way to go.
It is a pour quality product. Its flawed in its engineering and welding techniques. Im glad dave brought this to the attention of everyone awhile back. Sometimes its hard to go against people you call your friend for so long. I remember Dave 11 years ago and his work ethic, he hasn't changed. It doesn't matter if we sometimes may be on the opposite side of the fence, if your right your right.

PLEASE READ EDIT ON PAGE ONE. The post I made HERE is still valid and accurate. It just seems that the Magus Fake has been exposed as the manifold that has cracked. AGAIN, NOT A MAGNUS PRODUCT

Last edited by DTM; Feb 20, 2008 at 12:56 PM. Reason: clarification
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:10 AM

That doesn't even look like the inside of a magnus plenum to me. For whatever manifold it is, it looks like it held up decent to whatever kind of backfire occured.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by DTM
Marti, no he really is not. But in the end he will have a ported stocker, just like Dave has said for many years, that works and is guaranteed to last.
BTW David was proven wrong once again on that yesterday.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:28 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Listen man, Let me explain or clarify my statement. The stock manifold, will work just fine for upwards of 500 WHP. It wont crack and will perform just fine. So saying that someone is wrong or something doesn't work as claimed is a double edged sword. You have to know exactly what the car is being built for, what components are on it and so on.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:30 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by Maximuscr31
That doesn't even look like the inside of a magnus plenum to me. For whatever manifold it is, it looks like it held up decent to whatever kind of backfire occured.
It absolutely did NOT hold up decently. The car was running pump gas and 20 psi of boost daily. Tuned by someone else here locally. Never saw any alky, nitrous, nitro methane, cherry bombs, war in iraq, etc etc
Plain and simple, its a piece of crap.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by DTM
Originally Posted by DTM
Listen man, Let me explain or clarify my statement. The stock manifold, will work just fine for upwards of 500 WHP. It wont crack and will perform just fine. So saying that someone is wrong or something doesn't work as claimed is a double edged sword. You have to know exactly what the car is being built for, what components are on it and so on.
what if someone put a magnus manifold on a stock evo and dynoed it? What if the magnus made more power ? Would that not prove that Daves results might not be so concrete after all?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:40 AM

Originally Posted by DTM
It absolutely did NOT hold up decently. The car was running pump gas and 20 psi of boost daily. Tuned by someone else here locally. Never saw any alky, nitrous, nitro methane, cherry bombs, war in iraq, etc etc
Plain and simple, its a piece of crap.
If thats true then that manifold is a piecce of crap but knock off ebay magnus manifolds normally are.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:41 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Your not getting it.
Old Feb 20, 2008, 10:42 AM
DTM
Account Disabled

Nice to know all 4 of your posts were made today MAXIMUS

Quick Reply: Why people should heed the advice.....