Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

"Indy Technology" for the EVO intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:20 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What about an intake manifold for Subies ? You can make a killing if you make one
Old Jun 11, 2008, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Indy....So the street version is for people with stock, FP green size turbos or up to around 500whp? And i'm assuming that the street version would work well with say Buschur's or anybody else's 65mm TB? The "fabricated manifold killer" is for people running setups with over 500whp? Would you see any pros for someone with a stock or FP green size turbo running the "fabricated manifold killer" over the street version? Or would it be overkill and be like someone with a stock or FP running a tubular intake manifold? Also what TB would you recommend with the "fabricated manifold killer?" I'm trying to keep my engine bay looking stock as possible is this is the next thing i want to do. Just like everyone else I can't wait till these are released!!
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:20 AM
Former Sponsor

Yes it is...yes it's made for any stock based TB up to 65mm...yes the V2 is designed for a narrower power band to 9000+ rpm...9sec9 will be running a "fabricated manifold killer" soon with a FP Green with a 65mm Buschur TB...and David will be running his with a 65mm TB...I don't think it would be overkill but the powerband would be shifted to the upper rpms and for a street car I think you would want all the torque you could get but that is just my opinion. Like we said before this is the ultimate sleeper manifold no one would know what you had untill it's too late. I hope this answers your questions and thank you for your interest in the manifolds. Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 11, 2008 at 10:28 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 10:59 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by addo
Telepathic thats just what we need, maybe even a group buy once perfected to get the product out there, i'd be up for it and possible 4~9 others.
From what I understand time wise and the work that goes into this manifold a group bu would be a long wait
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:10 AM
Former Sponsor

It's looking like David will have 4 versions of intakes available for the Evo 8 and 9, his standard, our V1a (improved original model), V2 (fabricated intake killer) , V3 (street) also a Evo X version soon.

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 11, 2008 at 02:49 PM.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Oh boy!! I just got the V2 manifold in here. The first one was pretty awesome, this one just blew my mother freaking mind. I don't know how they do this but it is bad ***.

My car is apart right now, it will be going back together with the DI intake and 3" throttle body on it. I will get it back on the dyno and dialed in. Once it is dialed in again I will swap the manifolds and see what happens.

If the other one was only off by 8 whp the results on this one look CRAZY promising.

Be warned, this is not going to be "cheap" by any means. The amount of time, innovation, skill and knowledge that goes into making this is nuts.

I am VERY hopeful that this performs like it looks.

Very nice job Indy EVO and Wilson!!

To add to what Indy EVO just posted. Yes, we have sent in an EVOX intake manifold already to get started on that.

I know pretty don't make it fast but I am very interested to see how this works out.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:15 AM
Evolved Member

Good luck with it DB. If you do the Street Version too, the group buy might not be too bad of an idea.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:16 AM
Former Sponsor

Ill sit here in suspense waiting Jim.. Thats cool.. I dont wanna be fast.. LOL
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:17 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Oh boy!! I just got the V2 manifold in here. The first one was pretty awesome, this one just blew my mother freaking mind. I don't know how they do this but it is bad ***.

My car is apart right now, it will be going back together with the DI intake and 3" throttle body on it. I will get it back on the dyno and dialed in. Once it is dialed in again I will swap the manifolds and see what happens.

If the other one was only off by 8 whp the results on this one look CRAZY promising.

Be warned, this is not going to be "cheap" by any means. The amount of time, innovation, skill and knowledge that goes into making this is nuts.

I am VERY hopeful that this performs like it looks.

Very nice job Indy EVO and Wilson!!

To add to what Indy EVO just posted. Yes, we have sent in an EVOX intake manifold already to get started on that.

I know pretty don't make it fast but I am very interested to see how this works out.

Which TB will you use in Indy's V2?
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:18 AM
Evolved Member

I just realized, DB, is that V2 as in the V2 Rocket or the V2 Rock-it?
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

Is there any welding done to this stock modified manifold, or is this just all some serious porting? Just curious as to what is makin the huge amount of labor..
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:35 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, there is an extensive amount of welding done on the intake actually.

I will be using our 65 mm throttle body on the intake. I am making some changes to the throttle bodies right now, going to try to pull some extra room and power out of them.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:36 PM
Evolved Member

I think it has something to do with the Gerbil's union.
Old Jun 11, 2008, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Jim:

Great job and congrats on the innovation! Cant wait to see how it performs and what else you have up your sleeve!

David:

Cant wait to see how it compares to the DI! Im sure everything will go well and the results will be as expected.

You guys have brought/and will bring the next level of innovation to the evolution...hmm that could be a slogan!

Chris
Old Jun 11, 2008, 03:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Thanks to everyone for all the positive posts it really makes pushing for more power worth it. Keith and I are waiting like the rest of you for David's test results and I can promise you this we will always be looking for more power. Thanks again for all of the kind words and pm's. Indy

Quick Reply: "Indy Technology" for the EVO intake manifold