Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

"Indy Technology" for the EVO intake manifold

Search this Thread

Old Jun 13, 2008, 07:13 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Knightracer
Indy I'm thankful everyday that you brought your Obsessive Compulsive disorder to the evo community.
I hear the same line of $hit form my wife.......it's not being compulsive or obsesive, it's just the way of life from a person who shares their expectations to a certain community & from a particular individual.

Keep up the good work <= you probably like amber-bock or some crap like that J/K...... me myself, i prefer some drunken girl peeled off the street of broad-ripple week or the week before or even the week before that

keep porting
Old Jun 13, 2008, 08:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Indy, make sure nobody's cutting in line... I save all my PMs
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:36 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Aby, Thanks (Corona). As you know thats normal for us, when you get used to a certain level of quality and performance it is very hard to deal with anything less. You should have heard my contractor when I built my house they were used to using the big marks on the tape not the little ones you know the drill . CO_VR4 get ready to put them on the big brown truck next week, your place has been held since you PM'ed from day one . Indy

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 14, 2008 at 01:29 PM.
Old Jun 13, 2008, 11:47 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Aby, Thanks . As you know thats normal for us, when you get used to a certain level of quality and performance it is very hard to deal with anything less. You should have heard my contractor when I built my house they were used to using the big marks on the tape you know the drill . CO_VR4 get ready to put them on the big brown truck next week, your place has been held since you PM'ed from day one . Indy
sign me up as well...
Old Jun 14, 2008, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Just a peek at the v2 runner. Hostile to answer your question I know there is one forum member that says all the exhaust manifolds are all the same and porting is easy, not true. I have a Buschur manifold and hotside and I'm running it, but I also want to see how far I can take a stocker and hotside so after I get done with some other projects I will start on another set to see what is possible. Thanks, Indy
That is great news. yes the stock/evogreen is nice. any thoughts on the 02 housing? I'm sure you will play with that also yes? it would be awesome to have all these "massaged" stock appearing parts. very clean and tidy + brutally fast with great efficiency.
Old Jun 14, 2008, 12:18 PM
Former Sponsor

Hostle, I couldnt't wait, I took apart the FP Green and would not change a thing that Buschur did on his hotside porting and coating, it would be a waste of time. The exhaust manifold is also good, but I'm going to try a couple of things on another manifold that would be cost prohibitive for the average guy just to see if it works. For the money their stuff is plenty good and makes power, if you ask me I wouldn't pick up a grinder for what their charging. As for the stock o2 it would be too involved to mod that one as the SS o2's are the best bang for the buck. Thanks for asking. Indy
Old Jun 14, 2008, 04:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CO_VR4
Indy, make sure nobody's cutting in line... I save all my PMs
I pmed DB about this 2 weeks ago. Do I have to pm Indy too? I thought its coming from Buschur and they are the one who's gona deal the sales not Indy?
Old Jun 14, 2008, 04:20 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by evovin
I pmed DB about this 2 weeks ago. Do I have to pm Indy too? I thought its coming from Buschur and they are the one who's gona deal the sales not Indy?
I am sure DB is the right person to deal with..
Old Jun 14, 2008, 04:49 PM
Former Sponsor

Buschur's will be handling the sales. Here is another photo of the V2. Thanks, Indy
Attached Thumbnails &quot;Indy Technology&quot; for the EVO intake manifold-copy-im3.jpg  

Last edited by Indy Evo; Jun 15, 2008 at 03:22 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 07:20 AM
Evolved Member

Indy, part of the picture is missing. Could you please repost it, or do you just want me to post my album so you don't have too?
Old Jun 15, 2008, 08:01 AM
Former Sponsor

9sec9 it must have been sun spots or global warming.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Hostle, I couldnt't wait, I took apart the FP Green and would not change a thing that Buschur did on his hotside porting and coating, it would be a waste of time. The exhaust manifold is also good, but I'm going to try a couple of things on another manifold that would be cost prohibitive for the average guy just to see if it works. For the money their stuff is plenty good and makes power, if you ask me I wouldn't pick up a grinder for what their charging. As for the stock o2 it would be too involved to mod that one as the SS o2's are the best bang for the buck. Thanks for asking. Indy
excellent news! let us know how your exhaust manifold designs work out! my preference is the ported stock o2 since it has the bracket to bolt back to the block. seems like this helps with wear and tear over the long term. I could prolly have a bracket welded to the ss-o2 i guess. im all about durability!

Back on topic, how displacement specific is the intake manifold design you have created? and for that matter how specific are different head porting designs for displacement. Im thinking in terms of a 2.0L stock length vs a 2.1L long rod?

Last edited by HOSTILE_EVO; Jun 15, 2008 at 11:42 AM.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 04:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
hostile, if you want to stick with the stock ported 02 housing then you aren't really concerned with performance............it sucks even ported. I have sold hundreds of the SS 02 housings and have not had ONE failure ever from one.
Old Jun 15, 2008, 05:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
if i have to put my car back on the anti-lag and launch it thru the bay doors i will!!!
ROFLMAO
Old Jun 15, 2008, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

Indy is such a di*k tease with his pics

Quick Reply: "Indy Technology" for the EVO intake manifold