Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Brian Crower 272 Cams Evo IX Reveiw? Good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2008, 03:33 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Brian Crower 272 Cams Evo IX Reveiw? Good or bad?

Well.. i no there is probably some thread about this if so i am sorry..

Anyway i got my BC 272 cams today for my Evo IX and i was wondering how it compares to stock cams. For those who have BC 272 cams like these are u sadisfied or disapointed? Is the top end much better? I just need answers for resaults for the IX

Old Jun 4, 2008, 03:58 PM
Evolving Member

AMS did a testing on those cams, if you search for it you could find it.
they seemed to not have made that much more hp over the stock ones.

Last edited by selp; Jun 4, 2008 at 04:02 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah,BC cams dont make too much power....you should have searched before you bought em my friend
Old Jun 4, 2008, 04:13 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Horrible cams from my experience. Had a set on a customers car and it lost 30whp up top. Exchanged them for 280's and didn't make anymore power from stock.

I believe they are ground way off and need an adjustable exhaust gear on the IX and alot of trial and error to get to work halfway decent.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

I have heard more good than bad about them. Also, I am sure results will vary if you people with different turbos and mods are using them.
Old Jun 4, 2008, 09:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
^ They weren't even that good for an EVO8.

Average stock turbo EVO9 gains from cams is 15whp.

Cosworth 272 and GSC S1 are the two most popular cam choices.

I say stay stock and upgrade the snail. You have a long way to go before you max the stockers out.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:41 AM

Talking 280 bc reccomended

Hey my friend use the 280 bc I just placed them in about a month ago. I have gotten good results. I just got an flash at Brothers in Tampa . I made real good horse power. The only thing I was missing was. a down pipe. I dyno at 372hp. It is strong . When I get the downpipe I am promised to make 410 horsepower . But I am going to Big Valley Performance. They know what they are really doing with the evos. Well any way the 272's make horse power I have done my research. That is a stupid lie about them not making anyhorse power. You can't believe everything you read. Put it on a dyno. BC has good ratings. The people that are telling you that they don't produce don't have the cams so how would they really know. I don't mean to offend anybody. I am just telling the truth. To let you know you will have aggressive lope a little one but not too nasty. Well my friend I hope everything is successful.

Last edited by jamesonradio; Jun 5, 2008 at 12:43 AM.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 12:57 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jamesonradio
I dyno at 372hp. It is strong . When I get the downpipe I am promised to make 410 horsepower .
You can't believe everything you read. :

You've said it yourself
Old Jun 5, 2008, 01:02 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,044 Likes on 762 Posts
Put it on a dyno.
Stock cams vs BC 272/272:

The people that are telling you that they don't produce don't have the cams so how would they really know.
Yea, we didn't install them, spend time on the dyno trying to make them work. Swap them for 280's, spend more time on the dyno trying to make those work either. I guess all that shop time was in my head.

btw, killer first post.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 01:06 AM
Evolving Member

Belive me this test wouldn´t be a problem if i didn´t live in a place where there is only one dyno for 4wd cars wich i can never get on becouse it´s used for a school here.. that´s why im askin you guess becouse u should now the experiance.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 01:45 AM
Evolving Member

diffrent opinons i hate that haha question is.. will i loose power? Or gain a little power? or not power at all ?
Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:17 AM
Evolved Member

Those cams are CRAP.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:33 AM

Hey my friend use the 280 bc I just placed them in about a month ago. I have gotten good results. I just got an flash at Brothers in Tampa . I made real good horse power. The only thing I was missing was. a down pipe. I dyno at 372hp. It is strong . When I get the downpipe I am promised to make 410 horsepower . But I am going to Big Valley Performance. They know what they are really doing with the evos. Well any way the 272's make horse power I have done my research. That is a stupid lie about them not making anyhorse power. You can't believe everything you read. Put it on a dyno. BC has good ratings. The people that are telling you that they don't produce don't have the cams so how would they really know. I don't mean to offend anybody. I am just telling the truth. To let you know you will have aggressive lope a little one but not too nasty. Well my friend I hope everything is successful.

Brotherz racing is a crap shop... as is big valley... dont believe a word they tell you.
Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Lol
Old Jun 5, 2008, 04:39 AM
Evolved Member

the thing is every shop that buys an Evo think they are all that. Man we have like 1000 Evo owners who downloaded EvoScan and they are now TUNERS.

Quick Reply: Brian Crower 272 Cams Evo IX Reveiw? Good or bad?