Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Installed: Buschur Racing Mustache bar and Side supports

Search this Thread

Old Jul 11, 2008, 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by antilag_200
^ that is good to hear, How does the driveshaft feel ?

I recently put the car back on the hoist, and installed the stock rubber busching/spacer, While I was under the car, I noticed that there is another aluminum mini subframe that attaches to the chasis. This piece is what the Main Billet parts from buschur attaches to. Maybe in the future this could possible be another area that can be eliminated or produced from a different material to reduce even more weight of the car.

Great Mod that is for sure.

im stupid and blind. but i put the car on the lift today to look at what your talking about. i dont see it. mind snapping a pic?? im always up for some more light weight parts. hehe.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 04:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
please see image

it is number 6 on the drawing.

I don't really have a good picture of it but if you look under your car following the the image below
Name:  diffcarrier.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  90.9 KB

Last edited by antilag_200; Jul 12, 2008 at 04:33 AM.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

oooo i see now. now is this already aluminum or no??? if it was i would expect the price to be over 250 to be made and the weight would be probably nothing.. if it was cast iron then i bet another 12/15lbs savings. im interested.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
please see image

it is number 6 on the drawing.

I don't really have a good picture of it but if you look under your car following the the image below
So according to Buschur, we're supposed to reuse part #7?

What if I already lost mine?? Can I substitute something else instead?? Maybe I can pick up some washers from Home Depot or something
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
So according to Buschur, we're supposed to reuse part #7?

What if I already lost mine?? Can I substitute something else instead?? Maybe I can pick up some washers from Home Depot or something
yes #7.

i have ams rear bushings im thinking of useing instead of the rubber stock ones. if i do and i like the outcome ill give you my stock bushings.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Yes, #7 is what you re-use. IF the side diff support you got from us tightened up against part #6, then you do not need to install the washer.
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
yes #7.

i have ams rear bushings im thinking of useing instead of the rubber stock ones. if i do and i like the outcome ill give you my stock bushings.
thanks.......

Dave,
i'm still a bit confused though, part #6 is the entire beam....dont you mean part #8? #8 can be used as a substitute for part #7?

also on the aluminum side supports is it still ok to torque the bolts down to factory spec? It wont mess with the aluminum?
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Blue Evo 8
thanks.......

Dave,
i'm still a bit confused though, part #6 is the entire beam....dont you mean part #8? #8 can be used as a substitute for part #7?
part 8 is not used
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

i was bad. i did not trq. i just gave it the yea thats good with the impact gun. haha
Old Jul 12, 2008, 07:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
i was bad. i did not trq. i just gave it the yea thats good with the impact gun. haha
thats good..... I cannot afford to break any bolts... as today I snapped a cam bolt while reinstalling my HKS 280's ....now I gotta look for a new bolt...
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
From What I can tell Dan, the number 6 part, is made out of aluminum, so I doubt that it is very heavy, worth a shot though, i Suppose.

yes I was bad too, I just tightened everything up with the good ol snap-on impact gun

p.s dan, I don't think you want to use the aluminum bushings incojunction with the buschur side supports, because the pitch and yaw of the diff might be compremised. I noticed that the rubber bushing, squishes up, to take up any differences in elevation or pitch that the pumpkin might have ... Just a thought.

Last edited by antilag_200; Jul 13, 2008 at 07:32 AM.
Old Jul 13, 2008, 07:38 AM
Evolved Member

From What I can tell Dan, the number 6 part, is made out of aluminum, so I doubt that it is very heavy, worth a shot though, i Suppose.

yes I was bad too, I just tightened everything up with the good ol snap-on impact gun

p.s dan, I don't think you want to use the aluminum bushings incojunction with the buschur side supports, because the pitch and yaw of the diff might be compremised. I noticed that the rubber bushing, squishes up, to take up any differences in elevation or pitch that the pumpkin might have ... Just a thought.
yea i thought about that as the diff has a angle to it and the bushing compressed more on one side then the other. i would have to shave an angle on the bushing and it might be more hassle then it is worth.

i think billet aluminum motor mounts would save about 5 to 8 lbs if you do the 2 sides and the rear. the stockers are pretty heavy.
Old May 31, 2018, 07:11 AM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
Guys does dropping the subframe throw off the alignment you think? Since it’s connected to those rear LCAs.
Old May 31, 2018, 08:13 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1,384 Likes on 1,317 Posts
Originally Posted by Bmurray
Guys does dropping the subframe throw off the alignment you think? Since it’s connected to those rear LCAs.
This is a popular topic on most car forums. The general consensus is, for sure, get a rear end alignment after removing / replacing the rear sub frame

You should share your findings to confirm

Last edited by MinusPrevious; May 31, 2018 at 08:59 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Bmurray (May 31, 2018)
Old May 31, 2018, 09:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 69 Likes on 54 Posts
Originally Posted by MinusPrevious
This is a popular topic on most car forums. The general consensus is, for sure, get a rear end alignment after removing / replacing the rear sub frame

You should share your findings to confirm
thank you. I assumed so. Also, did I overlook the torque specs for the side support bolts that go into the underside of car? I noticed it’s kind of squishing that upper bushing that’s supposed to be re used and want to make sure I don’t over tighten.
The following users liked this post:
MinusPrevious (Jun 1, 2018)

Quick Reply: Installed: Buschur Racing Mustache bar and Side supports