Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

ebay turbo back exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2008, 10:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Fast-Mover
Dude this is an EVO not to be confused with a CIVIC! Buy the best for your ****... Not some knock off ebay peice of **** that has no R&D behind it. ETS, AMS, HKS, GREDDY, Megan Racing, and many more. Go with something that has proven a great track record... Dont get some cheap bull****
I beg to differ. It does not take a genius to make an exhaust pipe. I run the same type of Ebay exhaust and my track results in my sig speak for themselves.
Old Jul 14, 2008, 06:48 AM
Evolved Member

Dude this is an EVO not to be confused with a CIVIC! Buy the best for your ****... Not some knock off ebay peice of **** that has no R&D behind it. ETS, AMS, HKS, GREDDY, Megan Racing, and many more. Go with something that has proven a great track record... Dont get some cheap bull****
Out of curiousity, what kind of exhaust do you use?
Old Jul 14, 2008, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ive had an ebay exhaust for about a year and a half now, no problems here, it was a bit loud initially, but I had another resonator put in for another $60 at a muffler shop. Worth the cost savings in my opinion, lets you spend the money on a good part you dont want chinese on, like a fmic.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 05:33 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am very aware but i just can't justify paying that much

i had a 99gsx previously had a thermal exhaust (r&d) payed like $700.00 for catback only it was nice for sure but i have to think to myself .... why fork out that much cash if the same results can be given at a portion of the price

thanks for your insight though, the ebay exhaust is on the way i will have video clips/pictures soon
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:52 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
my man
good job on seeing the light and not wasting all that money for a name brand.

now you can take the money you saved and get a few more mods
Old Jul 17, 2008, 08:58 AM
Evolved Member

I think my whole megan set-up cost me a little over 500 total.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had and ebay exhaust on my car up until two months ago i sold it as i inherited a rsr from a local dead evo, There were two issues with my ebay exhaust 1 it was about two inches too short it would burn the bumper 2 shortly after selling it my friend who put it on his car told me one of the hangers had broken off it had started to rust on the weld and when it broke it took a piece of the ss exhaust with it leaving a leaky and crappy sounding exhaust. I personally know 3 other evo owners who purchased a ebay exhaust and had no trouble with theirs, and as long as the piping is 3'' ID your not going to see a power gain by going with a $700+ system.
Old Jul 17, 2008, 09:05 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EvoJoeIX
megan racing is hardly above ebay quality exhausts....
same for the o2 housings

usually i say skip ebay crap, but when it comes to exhaust the only difference between a $1000 3in exhaust and a $300 3 in exhaust is the $700 in my bank account.

unless your a weight *****, theres no need to spend that kind of money on an exhaust
+1 well said
Old Jul 17, 2008, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by getsideways
I had and ebay exhaust on my car up until two months ago i sold it as i inherited a rsr from a local dead evo, There were two issues with my ebay exhaust 1 it was about two inches too short it would burn the bumper 2 shortly after selling it my friend who put it on his car told me one of the hangers had broken off it had started to rust on the weld and when it broke it took a piece of the ss exhaust with it leaving a leaky and crappy sounding exhaust. I personally know 3 other evo owners who purchased a ebay exhaust and had no trouble with theirs, and as long as the piping is 3'' ID your not going to see a power gain by going with a $700+ system.
sort of off the subject of exhaust, but when I put mine on... every little piece of rust I saw from rock chips under the car I sanded and painted while I was there.