Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Mike Reichen thru the 200 mph barrier

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Approximately how long did you have to be in top gear / max boost to reach this speed?
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You know scorke I haven't even met Tommy the owner of that evo and if I listend to you and others like you I would have a big problem with him for no reason because it is really easy for me to look past the fact that it isn't him posting all the hype but others like you (probably a personal character flaw). So I will just tell you now to your face that I hope his car is fast as hell, which I am sure it will be, and I can't wait to meet him at the track or elsewhere because he has some of the same interests as I do and we will probably get along well.

Buuuutttttt I will also tell you that I don't go to any race expecting to lose.
I don't expect to lose to the vipers or supras in texas and I don't expect to lose to any other evo. If I do lose I will just come back faster.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:17 PM
Evolved Member

Also what RPM is this topping out at?
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:22 PM

I am sorry for the harsh reply ,but posting that some project car will beat a proven vehicle just because it is built by a large shop vs. a privateer is nonsense.

Mike Reichen
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

Forget about that dude Mike, hes just here to aggravate people. Im sitting here wondering if you use a 5 or 6 Spd and what RPM does it top out at?

Edit. I know the older Evos only came with a 5 speed, but was curious if a 6 Spd could be used.

Last edited by warp9; Jul 20, 2008 at 07:31 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Mike, you've proven yourself time and time again with the car. Scorke for some odd reason seems to enjoy adding hate to just about every thread. Don't let him bother you.

Good luck this year and if you need something from me I'd be interested in helping you out if there is something I can do.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:39 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 1 fast evo 2
I am sorry for the harsh reply ,but posting that some project car will beat a proven vehicle just because it is built by a large shop vs. a privateer is nonsense.

Mike Reichen
It's ok, I was in no way taking away from your accomplishments, car, or effort, I believe you know this.

I myself raced against factory teams and know what its like, it's never nice to feel like the little guy but you have proved that you have what it takes to compete and win

I would prefer that you keep it up as I would rather the privateer win vs the shop any day of the week, but for what its worth Tommy is a ferrari mechanic buy trade and a very mechanically savy guy, he would of done it himself if he could, but instead he took it to a shop, no lack of respect for that, but definately more respect for anybody that does it themself!

Busher, there was no hate brought into this thread.

Scorke

Last edited by scorke; Jul 20, 2008 at 07:42 PM.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:41 PM
Evolved Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAFseY1mwV0

Here is the vid for whoever asked, absolutely silly fast

Scorke
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:48 PM

crcain-I am(was) in topgear for approx. 8-10 seconds and hit between 9 and 10,000 rpm in 5th gear.
I hope to have much better numbers at the next mile event, and as far as that goes I hope to better my 1/4 mile times in the next month as well.

Another little timing fact for you is that in ely nevada at the silver state classic 0-200-0 mph challenge, at an adjusted alltitude of 8200 feet, the car was lazy as hell(no oxygen), sorry for the long explanation but the back ground was needed, anyways I won the event with a total time of 20.6 seconds and beat the next closest competitor by just under 600 feet(a twin turbo ultima gtr).
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:52 PM

Dave, thanks for the offer and I may take you up on that sometime but as of now I am good. Looking forward to seeing you at the shootout.
Old Jul 20, 2008, 07:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That is a very amaizing achievement guys, it is definately not easy to break 200mph in such boxy car.

Carlos
Old Jul 20, 2008, 10:34 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by warp9
Does Mike do the driving? Cuz you need an extra LARGE set to run at those speeds! A very accomplished achievement indeed!
Of course he drives the car. He does walk a little funny but I never thought to ask why.

Originally Posted by scorke
Everybody has been following this thread indy https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=texas+mile

It appears this is the car that will re write the evo speed records once done!

Scorke
Scorke, I hope that car does come out with a vengeance as it should. The car is coming together beautifully and should perform very well. I wish I had the time and the funding to build a car from a nearly clean sheet of paper. Mean while we're trying to do our best with what we have to work with, some competition is a very good thing to have. We may get beat once but it won't happen a second time. I personally have some pretty tall goals with Mike's car and plan to do my best to see that they are achieved as long as Mike can hang on for the ride.

Last edited by Shearer; Jul 20, 2008 at 10:51 PM.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Indy Evo
Please let's keep this thread about Mike's car and give him the respect that he has earned. Thank You, Indy

THANK YOU!!!^^

Anyways, I got to see this car run and met Mike and Adam in ELY, NV for the Silver Stage classic last year....0-200-0 this little "box" of a car beat the second place competitior (an Ultima GTR) by 600 FEET!! Mike was stomping all sorts of high hp muscle and exotics. It was hilarious to see his competitors reactions when the asked how much hp he was pushing and with what size motor lol. I hope that info is correct. He also won the standing mile I believe (I left before it ended) at 213mph....8000ft corrected elevation and HOT!! I think Mike said he was only able to run like 32psi lol. Very cool and determined guy. Glad to see you got the car back together from the Ely incident Mike....scared the crap out of me and EvilEagle (and I'm sure yourself lol) I'm excited to see how far you can push the envelope this year. Good luck!!!

Edit: Just read what mike said about the Ely event above. Sorry guys...at least my info was accurate haha.

Last edited by tony gibson; Jul 21, 2008 at 06:32 AM.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by scorke
It's ok, I was in no way taking away from your accomplishments, car, or effort, I believe you know this.

I myself raced against factory teams and know what its like, it's never nice to feel like the little guy but you have proved that you have what it takes to compete and win

I would prefer that you keep it up as I would rather the privateer win vs the shop any day of the week, but for what its worth Tommy is a ferrari mechanic buy trade and a very mechanically savy guy, he would of done it himself if he could, but instead he took it to a shop, no lack of respect for that, but definately more respect for anybody that does it themself!

Busher, there was no hate brought into this thread.

Scorke

Lol why can't you spell Dave B's name right? I've seen you do this before. Must be another "get underneath the skin" tactic.

Hey Mike, you are a stand up guy for apologizing but I wouldn't have if I were in your shoes lol.
Old Jul 21, 2008, 06:43 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by tony gibson
Lol why can't you spell Dave B's name right? I've seen you do this before. Must be another "get underneath the skin" tactic.

Hey Mike, you are a stand up guy for apologizing but I wouldn't have if I were in your shoes lol.
Um, I'm sorry I forgot the C, this isn't some "tactic" I just messed it up, I usually refer to him as DB, sometimes Buschur, my bad...

Scorke

Quick Reply: Mike Reichen thru the 200 mph barrier