Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EPM 02 Dump hitting Radiator??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 06:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i had to cut mine havent had it rewelded yet or modded yet. working on that with EPM now Caleb from CBRD sent me pics of it and i sent the over to Q@evopowermods and there working on it for me to see what they can do. if they say nothing i may just have CB mod it to dump back to the ground.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 02:47 PM
Former Sponsor

There are so many outside scenarios and issues which effect fitment with any O2 Housing. We have honestly had about 7-10 issues with over 150 total units sold worldwide. We are sorry some of you are having these issues. But as I mentioned there are outside influences out of our control that affect how the EPM O2 Dump fits.

As an example, One of the customer's had had a front-end collision which effected the front radiator support beam. Which in turn moved the front radiator beam backwards, also moving the radiator backwards, hence the fitment issue.

Another customer had an aftermarket Radiator and we were not told about. The Megan Racing manifold is known to not fit correctly, and we have had various issues with this setup. Some customers report back great fitment and others report back a tight scenario, but they all have ended up working out to the customer’s satisfaction.

We have test fitted 2 different Megan Racing O2 housings on our JIG and they both fit very differently. We used the OEM/Stock cast O2 housing to fabricate our JIG. We have tested 3 different OEM O2 Housings on our JIG and all 3 OEM units fit perfectly. Our Fabrication JIG is dead on as for fitment. We work tirelessly to be consistent with our products, however there are influences as I mentioned that are just out of our control.

Also FP sells with their FP RED (as an Option) with a new extended J Pipe(Turbo outlet pipe) which we were not told about until just recently. This J Pipe is made by an outside company and we don't know about the consistency of the design or production of this J Pipe(Turbo outlet pipe). I have had one here in the shop for a mock-up with our Version#1 and it fit fine when test fitted on our shop Evo. Which leads me to believe that
another outside issue is at hand here with that setup.

If anyone has ever checked out the fitment of our EPM O2 Dump Version#1 you will see a very tight area with about a 1/4 inch of clearance in any direction. That's not much room to work in by any standards. We suggest our Version#1 for any FP RED customer because of the J Pipe issue.

There are literally Dozens of various Aftermarket parts scenarios out there that we have to contend with. Company A's LICP teamed with company B's Downpipe, along with Company D's FMIntercooler. We have made an honest effort and a very time consuming test fitment with so many differing brands of this part and that part .

Lastly We at EPM do guarantee our products, if anyone has issues all they have to do is contact us for a solution. We will not leave you hanging like other companies do. We want to be in the Evo Game for a very long time, it has taken us lots of effort to garner a good reputation and we intend to keep it that way. Again; if anyone has Any issue let me know and we will work with you to alleviate it to your satisfaction.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 02:50 PM
Account Disabled

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i can honestly say we have had an issue with all of the ones we have installed... maybe 4-5....

not terrible, but issues nontheless...

in my opinion the dump tube doesnt need to be as big as it is.... which would make fitment alot easier....

its a great product for those that want it, but a small revision to pipe diameter wouldnt hurt performance in my opinion.

cb
Old Oct 16, 2008, 03:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Has anyone taken a look at their radiator after having this 02 dump installed for some time? I'm worried that any engine flex under hard acceleration is going to cause the dump tube to damage my radiator...
Old Oct 16, 2008, 03:26 PM
Former Sponsor

sounds like it wasn't test fit on to many different set ups
Old Oct 16, 2008, 03:51 PM
Former Sponsor

I have installed 10 of these or more and havent had an issue if the correct version was bought for the car.. Yesterday we did one that needed the Steel ring to fit the Buschur downpipe.. Fit perfect w/o any issues..

Mike
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:16 PM
Evolving Member

can someone post up a pic of their epm o2 dump with an fp red I just wanna see ..

I currently have V2 on my car but my red will be here hopefully in the next week or two I am a little concerned about the fitment at this point with the radiator, based off what some of you are saying

But it fit perfectly with my stock 8 turbo and not even close to my radiator
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Version #2 will not hit any radiator, it takes a totally different route than than Our Version#1. If you have the FP Red coming, the only issue is with the J Pipe. Contact me if you have any concerns..
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:26 PM
Former Sponsor

so the v.1 doesn't on anything? If i bought v.1 i would be asking for my money back
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Q@EvoPowerMods
Version #2 will not hit any radiator, it takes a totally different route than than Our Version#1. If you have the FP Red coming, the only issue is with the J Pipe. Contact me if you have any concerns..
yeah but I should be fine If I am using the OEM evo j-pipe right?

Because thats what I went with is the OEM pipe NOT the bigger stainless steel
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by inneedof
so the v.1 doesn't on anything? If i bought v.1 i would be asking for my money back
No; we would offer you an exchange for the correct version.

I really don't understand your question.
quote-"so the v.1 doesn't on anything?"--end quote

If you have ever looked into an Evo engine bay in that area upper front behind the radiator you can see just how tight that area is. The clearance around our Version#1 is 1/4 inch all the way around in 360 degrees. You have the WG actuator, the Turbo Outlet(JPipe), the Radiator, the LowerIntercoolerPipe. thats all 4 corners with only 1/4 inch clearance. You can easily see if anything is outta whack, like maybe the WG Actuator is not aligned properly, the LICp has had it's supports cutoff and has moved, etc..then you have clearance issues.

We guarantee our products Plain and Simple. I would think a quick search on our main thread will show if our customers are satisfied or not. I will let the thread speak for it's self.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:35 PM
Former Sponsor

sorry forgot the word work
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:37 PM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by inneedof
sorry forgot the word work

the v1 fits every single Buschur Setup there is from my experience.. I have installed mostly v1's on every car and the v2 on ETS LICP cars.. So yes it works on many applications..
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:55 PM
Former Sponsor

---mugen777---

yes we talked about this over the phone I believe..yes the stock J Pipe is a great fit with our Version#2....no probs at all....it is really the routing of the FP Extended J Pipe the OEM J Pipe that FP sells works great with our O2 Housing. So many setups...lol...it's all up here in my head..somewhere...if I get those cob webs outta the way..
Old Oct 16, 2008, 04:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Q@EvoPowerMods
---mugen777---

yes we talked about this over the phone I believe..yes the stock J Pipe is a great fit with our Version#2....no probs at all....it is really the routing of the FP Extended J Pipe the OEM J Pipe that FP sells works great with our O2 Housing. So many setups...lol...it's all up here in my head..somewhere...if I get those cob webs outta the way..
just making sure man ... thanks again it will be on the dyno in a few weeks and ill be reppin the epm o2

Quick Reply: EPM 02 Dump hitting Radiator??