Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

EPM 02 Dump hitting Radiator??

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2008, 05:11 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thnx triple 7's....

Everyone here is a customer that is running the extended FP J Pipe(turbo outlet).

You can see our Version#1 is close to everything but not quite touching anything...not much room in this area. Some people just don't understand there is No Room for error here. Our O2 Dump/wastegate tube has to be deadon. We test fit ever single o2 Dump that leaves our building, if there is a reason it might hit something then there are lots of outside considerations that might be the cause, unrelated to our Part.
Unfortunately our Version#2 will not work with this FP extended J Pipe, that's why we made our version#1. We anted everyone to be able to enjoy the benefits of running and open O2 Dump. The Bigger/Badder FP RED/GREEN turbos need the flow volume of the EPM O2 Dump, Red/Green-customer after customer can attest to the power gains of running the EPM O2 Dump.

As always is the case, let me know if you need anything..I'm here to help in anyway that is possible...
Old Oct 16, 2008, 06:08 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Well, duh, I guess that this dump is in no way going to fit behind my KOYO radiator, which is mondo thick, huh?
Old Oct 16, 2008, 06:10 PM
Former Sponsor

hey we have had several people run the Koyo radiator with our Version#1...no probs
Old Oct 16, 2008, 06:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sparky
Well, duh, I guess that this dump is in no way going to fit behind my KOYO radiator, which is mondo thick, huh?
I run the KOYO and the EPM version 2 o2 dump...lil tight but not too tight
Old Oct 16, 2008, 07:17 PM

it seems kind of odd to me that one place says that everyone they install will not fit properly and then another place says all of theirs do. It is a very time consuming process making sure each pipe fits correctly, but i can attest for Q being **** about them fitting properly. Like mentioned before when you start changing out factory parts for aftermarket parts there is a lot that comes into play. It would be so unrealistic to make dump tubes to fit every combination of aftermarket parts in the engine bay area.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Q@EvoPowerMods
hey we have had several people run the Koyo radiator with our Version#1...no probs
Cool! That is reassuring, thanks.
Old Oct 16, 2008, 10:32 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cwill @ AWD Has a Koyo and has been running the 02 dump w/o an issue ever since he went 10's on stock IX turbo months ago..
Old Oct 17, 2008, 05:51 AM
Evolving Member

I have v2 and an ets licp and it fits not problem. I had it installed at ivey tuning and they didnt have an issue. When i was there a few weeks ago someone had the qtp one installed and it was touching the radiator and had to be modified so it wouldnt hit it.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

Hey guys. I just had my V1 installed and it does not touch the radiator. It is a very tight fit though like Q has mentioned. At the moment, im running the Stock manifold, ETS lower IC pipe, stock turbo. My future setup with the V1 dump tube will be the Full Race Exhaust Manifold, Evo Red Turbo, and Buschurracing Race FMIC with pipping. The ETS Lower IC pipe does touch the o2 dump tube a bit where the coupler is so the coupler is rubbing against it. So I think im going to throw back on the stock lower intercooler pipe for now until I get the Buschurracing Race Lower Intercooler pipe.

BTW, the dump is sickkkk

Last edited by HighwayStarX; Oct 19, 2008 at 10:03 AM.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:20 PM
Former Sponsor

-----HighwayStarX-----

Thanx.....for the info, Have you tired adjusting the LICP coupling a little bit. Sounds like you have a great plan for some serious power...Are you going E-85?..mad power with your setup..

Let me know if you need anything...
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Mike@AwdMotorsports
Cwill @ AWD Has a Koyo and has been running the 02 dump w/o an issue ever since he went 10's on stock IX turbo months ago..
Is he running the V1, or the V2, Mike? In your opinion which of the two versions would have less of a clearance issue with a thicker than stock radiator?
Old Oct 19, 2008, 08:54 PM
Former Sponsor

The V2 is a total different routing than the V1...think of it like this the V2 runs almost straight down beside the Downpipe...the V1 runs in front of the downpipe...hope this helps...
Old Oct 19, 2008, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

-----HighwayStarX-----

Thanx.....for the info, Have you tired adjusting the LICP coupling a little bit. Sounds like you have a great plan for some serious power...Are you going E-85?..mad power with your setup..

Yeah we tried adjusting the coupling however, it still touches the tube itself. But... I didnt plan on keeping my lower IC pipe anyways which is the reason I went with version 1 instead of 2, so I can have the buschur pipe.
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:02 PM
Evolved Member

-----HighwayStarX-----

No E85 here in Jersey
Old Oct 19, 2008, 10:21 PM
Former Sponsor

Like WoW...way down here in DixieLand we got it all over the place....and have you heard about E90...?.....now that's what I am Talking about CHEAP 110 OCT....pay at the pump...$279 / gallon

Quick Reply: EPM 02 Dump hitting Radiator??