Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Belt Routing for AC Delete

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2012, 06:16 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I just bought the Dayco 5060573 at the local autoparts store for $20, when I told him 5060575, he said that the 5060573 superseded the 575, also just put it on my Evo 9 GSR bypassing the AC and it works perfect.
Old Feb 11, 2013, 03:23 PM
Silver Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A little confusion here on this and hopefully some clarification.

I am deleting my A/C as I don't drive my car that often. I have read and seen several threads on this topic. I am sure that there is more than one answer to this, but I have seen 2 different Gates Part numbers come up on this.

K060573 and K060569.

From what I was able to find on this by cross referencing the Mitsubishi Part number MN158795 (which I believe was the stock belt for the none A/C Evos with a length of 1446mm or 56.9") with the Gates version will be the K060569. I believe the k060573 is going to be just a bit longer (Should still work just fine) at a length of 57.3" based off of its part number.

I just figured I would share the OEM part number and its Gates counterpart that should be the most accurate belt to run.
OEM None AC belt - MN158795
Gates Belt - K060569

Hopefully this helps and I will report back after I install my belt on my car

Thanks,
Dallin
Old Jul 8, 2013, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by RallySport Direct
A little confusion here on this and hopefully some clarification.

I am deleting my A/C as I don't drive my car that often. I have read and seen several threads on this topic. I am sure that there is more than one answer to this, but I have seen 2 different Gates Part numbers come up on this.

K060573 and K060569.

From what I was able to find on this by cross referencing the Mitsubishi Part number MN158795 (which I believe was the stock belt for the none A/C Evos with a length of 1446mm or 56.9") with the Gates version will be the K060569. I believe the k060573 is going to be just a bit longer (Should still work just fine) at a length of 57.3" based off of its part number.

I just figured I would share the OEM part number and its Gates counterpart that should be the most accurate belt to run.
OEM None AC belt - MN158795
Gates Belt - K060569

Hopefully this helps and I will report back after I install my belt on my car

Thanks,
Dallin

So what belt did you install and how did it work?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 03:57 PM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by turbohaulic
So what belt did you install and how did it work?
Hello Turbohaulic,

I ended up going with the Gates one on my built. Fits fine, but my car isn't done yet so I haven't really ran it yet. My personal built has been taking a bit longer than I would like do the life

I am close with only needing Cams and Turbo last on my list

-Dallin
Old Jul 8, 2013, 05:21 PM

Hello Turbohaulic,

I ended up going with the Gates one on my built. Fits fine, but my car isn't done yet so I haven't really ran it yet. My personal built has been taking a bit longer than I would like do the life

I am close with only needing Cams and Turbo last on my list

-Dallin

Thanks for the response. So my ac clutch went out. I never use ac so i told the shop I broke down in front of to get the belt listed here and bypass the ac all together. That is possible with keeping the ac compressor in the engine bay correct?
Old Jul 8, 2013, 05:51 PM
Silver Sponsor

Thanks for the response. So my ac clutch went out. I never use ac so i told the shop I broke down in front of to get the belt listed here and bypass the ac all together. That is possible with keeping the ac compressor in the engine bay correct?
No problem. You should be able to run your belt pass the AC pump with out any issues.

That is unfortunate that it went it in your car.

For a daily driver in the summer I like my AC. In my Evo 8 the weekend race car I wont mind so much

-Dallin
Old Jul 9, 2013, 04:45 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll confirm the 0569 belt. Im running the napa micro v version, or whatever they call it. pretty sure its made by Gates as well anyhow. No issues after running it for a few autox and hpde seasons regularly.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 08:13 AM

No problem. You should be able to run your belt pass the AC pump with out any issues.

That is unfortunate that it went it in your car.

For a daily driver in the summer I like my AC. In my Evo 8 the weekend race car I wont mind so much

-Dallin

Does anyone have a diagram of how to run the belt? I broke down in front of a shop and they are going to run the belt for me. Its a shame because this is something i could do myself and i am paying a shop to do it.
I feel like they should be able to figure it out but if anyone has it i would send it to them just to help.

Thank you again
Old Jul 9, 2013, 09:30 AM
Silver Sponsor

Originally Posted by TommiM
I'll confirm the 0569 belt. Im running the napa micro v version, or whatever they call it. pretty sure its made by Gates as well anyhow. No issues after running it for a few autox and hpde seasons regularly.
Yes there are several belts you can use on this and I do believe that Gates make a lot of the other belts as well like the ones that Napa uses as their own

Does anyone have a diagram of how to run the belt? I broke down in front of a shop and they are going to run the belt for me. Its a shame because this is something i could do myself and i am paying a shop to do it.
I feel like they should be able to figure it out but if anyone has it i would send it to them just to help.

Thank you again
I tried to look and unfortunately I couldn't really find a good diagram or picture showing this

It should be pretty straight forward though and if the shop has an issue installing this on your car they probably shouldn't be working on it It is just not going around the AC Compressor and will go to your power steering pump.

-Dallin
Old Jul 9, 2013, 09:44 AM

Yes there are several belts you can use on this and I do believe that Gates make a lot of the other belts as well like the ones that Napa uses as their own

I tried to look and unfortunately I couldn't really find a good diagram or picture showing this

It should be pretty straight forward though and if the shop has an issue installing this on your car they probably shouldn't be working on it It is just not going around the AC Compressor and will go to your power steering pump.

-Dallin

Thats what i thought but making it easier never hurts. haha.
Thanks all.
I did tell them to use the K060573.
Old Jul 9, 2013, 10:24 AM
Silver Sponsor

Thats what i thought but making it easier never hurts. haha.
Thanks all.
I did tell them to use the K060573.
Okay that one should work just fine as there are several others that have said they have used it.

It is 23mm longer than the one I am using, but that shouldn't hurt anything once the tension is on the belt.

Let us know how it goes once you get it installed

-Dallin
Old Jul 9, 2013, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you again

exactly the same except it doesn't go around the a/c pulley. You cant really screw that up.
Old Jul 10, 2013, 03:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Here's a pic of my new engine without the aircon:
Old Jan 19, 2016, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Time to add to this thread.

I recently acquired a JDM Evo 7. The search began for a A/C delete belt. After some searching through the forum I saw that some people had luck with the smallest belt listed below. Unfortunately for me, that wasn’t the case.

I have a thought. I think that USDM and JDM Evo’s have a different sized PS pulley. The USDM pulley being smaller. This is the same issues I had with my Evo 3. I bought all the belts for the 2g Eclipse and what do you know…the ps belt didn’t’ even come close to fitting.

As so was the same situation with K060569, which did not even come close to getting on. I made a few calls to some local auto parts stores. I was lucky to find that one of the stores had ONE K060578 in stock. This is the same belt that MAP and Extreme websites refer to.

http://www.maperformance.com/product...vo-8-9-k060578
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/prod...9&cat=0&page=1

Hopefully after work I’ll find out if K060578 will fit, and reply with my results. If it doesn’t I might be ordering a K060586

K060569 = 57-1/2”
K060573 = 57.901”
K060575 = 58”
K060578 = 58.378”
K060586 = 59 1/4''

Here’s where I got the numbers and measurements from.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Gates/Gates-6-...itemPerPage=60

Sumo

Last edited by sumopower87; Jan 19, 2016 at 07:30 PM.
Old Jan 19, 2016, 07:38 PM
Evolving Member

Received 51 Likes on 32 Posts
Originally Posted by sumopower87
Time to add to this thread.

I recently acquired a JDM Evo 7. The search began for a A/C delete belt. After some searching through the forum I saw that some people had luck with the smallest belt listed below. Unfortunately for me, that wasn’t the case.

I have a thought. I think that USDM and JDM Evo’s have a different sized PS pulley. The USDM pulley being smaller. This is the same issues I had with my Evo 3. I bought all the belts for the 2g Eclipse and what do you know…the ps belt didn’t’ even come close to fitting.

As so was the same situation with K060569, which did not even come close to getting on. I made a few calls to some local auto parts stores. I was lucky to find that one of the stores had ONE K060578 in stock. This is the same belt that MAP and Extreme websites refer to.

http://www.maperformance.com/product...vo-8-9-k060578
http://www.extremepsi.com/store/prod...9&cat=0&page=1

Hopefully after work I’ll find out if K060578 will fit, and reply with my results. If it doesn’t I might be ordering a K060586

K060569 = 57-1/2”
K060573 = 57.901”
K060575 = 58”
K060578 = 58.378”
K060586 = 59 1/4''

Here’s where I got the numbers and measurements from.

http://www.jegs.com/p/Gates/Gates-6-...itemPerPage=60

Sumo
Here's a picture of the belt I tried fitting tonight.

A picture with the belt on everything else excluding the A/C, and yes...the tensioner was bucked to the gonadz.

And a second attempt with putting it on the crank and trying to get it over the PS pulley.

So... Looks like I need to either get either one of the two of these belts.

K060588 = 59.375"
Or
K060594 = 60"

😧

Quick Reply: Belt Routing for AC Delete