Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

aem intake system

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aem intake system

i just recently installed my aem intake to my evo and i just wanted to know if anyone have it on their car. the reason why is that the filter itself does not fit the hood all the way and the only way that it could is to bend it. on the instruction itself also shows that the filter is bend worst than mine. im just wondering if this is fine or if there is something wrong with this set up. please reply to me as soon as possible. thank you for all your help. hey!! if anyone needs to have there car tinted and your from san diego, let me know since my cousin owns the best tint store in san diego ( solar eclipse ). ill hook you up.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

did you remove the braket for the stock airbox?
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:42 AM

sure did bro..just wondering why it look like that. on the instruction the filter was all mess up and crush. do you think it will be alrite. it sounds hella good though. thanks for your reply aaron. if you can help me out with my evo in any way please do.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 08:31 AM
Evolved Member

I'll tell you later this week. It should be at my doorstep either today or tommorow.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 02:54 PM

thanks guys for getting back to me..tell me whats up when you hook up your aem intake..do u guys know what type of exhaust should i get..i need something that is legal.catback and a downpipe..i heard rmr is pretty good..need help..thank you for all your time.

rod
Old Sep 8, 2003, 03:24 PM
Evolving Member

as i recollect from another post, some other folks had the same problem with this setup. I think one guy bent the intake pipe or somthing to try to correct it, i will search to try to find the post.

BA

P.S. about the tint i live in La but wouldnt mind taking a road trip down to get good tint, does he use 3M film ?
Old Sep 8, 2003, 03:26 PM
Evolving Member

here is the thread https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...ght=aem+intake

Old Sep 8, 2003, 03:59 PM

the first time i put it on i thought i was wrong but than i realized that my setup looks hella better than the picture on the intruction..i read the posting and allot of it i do feel after replacing my stock intake..dont know but maybe i shouldnt even mess with it..you know any legal catback exhaust with a down pipe..just wondering..get back bro..thanks for yout response.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 04:02 PM

if u need to tint your window talk to me if your ever around san diego..they use 3m..just got mine done with a limo tint..looks hella nice..if your ever around san diego dont be shy to tell me ahead of time and i promise to hook you up..put that on my evo..now u know im serious..
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:42 PM
Evolving Member

I have similar issues with the fitment of the AEM intake - crushed ribs on the filter element where it rubs against the insulation on the underside of the hood. Odds are, I'll just take it off, sell it, and get an RMR filter and induciton pipe.

-Josh
Old Sep 8, 2003, 06:49 PM
Evolved Member

Anyone that wants to sell their Evo AEM intake just pm me
Old Sep 8, 2003, 07:01 PM
Account Disabled

Mine will be here this week and go on This weekend, I bet it is a Manufacturing mistake, no biggy, just cosmetically ugly.
Old Sep 8, 2003, 07:31 PM

just try this guys but its up to you when installing your aem intake..i just trim the rubber connection going to the turbo and it gave it a better fit but make sure you dont trim it too much..also tight the nut for the mounting after all your done as much as you can to have a better fit..have fun..
Old Sep 8, 2003, 07:43 PM
Evolving Member

Just sell ur AEM filter and get a Blitz filter or something like that. Another filter that is not quite as MASSIVE as the AEM one.
Old Sep 15, 2003, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

Did anyone have fitment issues with the BOV and crankcase breather hose?

I couldn't get the BOV to sit flush in the hole on the inlet pipe. I also noticed that AEM didn't provide a nipple for the crancase breather hose nor was the hole positioned in a way so that it would reach it.

Last edited by MrBonus; Sep 15, 2003 at 07:05 AM.