Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

When/why do I need a fuel pressure regulator?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jjgrizz73
Fact is SloCRX is running at close to 100% IDC with his stock 560 injectors on his Evo VIII with daily driving, how could you possibly say that running an injector at close to 100% of its duty cycle be ok?
You do know you just contradicted yourself right??

SloCRX is running close to 100% IDC without issues, yet you say its not ok to do.

Also the comment made earlier about driving around at WOT all the time amused me. Are you kidding me...are you driving like an *** and banging gears at every stop light?? If I did that, I'd be doing 150MPH everywhere I went....
Old Dec 22, 2008, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by SloRice

SloCRX is running close to 100% IDC without issues, yet you say its not ok to do.

Also the comment made earlier about driving around at WOT all the time amused me. Are you kidding me...are you driving like an *** and banging gears at every stop light?? If I did that, I'd be doing 150MPH everywhere I went....
No since he just recently started logging that % IDC and is now upgrading his injectors, so I can't see how thats contradicting myself. Of course I know how most of Dave's followers are and no one will ever be as brillant and incredible as Mr. Buschur . I see it many of times on dsm forums of people logging close to 100% IDC, which usually suggests an injecotr upgrade what is so hard to figure out about that.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
Thanks for the explanation. I have it all figured out now. Let me clarify, you have experience sweeping floors for someone else who worked on different kinds of cars. Then you joined EVOm to give incorrect information on a car you've never made fast. Thank you. I don't like you either but I don't spend my time giving out incorrect information because of it.

As for your friends car, if he got 780 cc injectors he was advised if he did it at the time it would save him upgrading later for whatever his intentions were with the car. One tune is cheaper than two and upgrading an injectors when you are doing a stand alone and intend to do more upgrades later makes perfect sense.
If I had swept floors I obviously wouldn't be on this forum and to some obvious extent pissing you off to the point of showing your true nature. If I had swept floors I wouldn't know how to tune/build/fabricate anything on my own car or any other of my cars for that matter, and more than likely would've been the blind follower as well groveling at your feet. If I had swept floors, then obviously I wouldn't have hit such a sore spot by calling out your response and backing you into a corner where you turn to defamation of someone's character to make yourself look better, just like you do with all the other vendors on this site. Let me put into perspective as to why I don't waste my time trying to make my car a 9 second car...because there is no return on the investment. I'm an electromechanical engineer, I help to design and build radar systems for a living, not by trying to promote myself as the god of all DSM (which is funny since most in the true DSM crowd can't stand you anymore, you've obviously found a more impressionable crowd). I never stated I was some big company or some big name, I simply stated a fact that even RC Engineering has posted in it's website...do not run injectors at 100% IDC!!! Where the OP's peak of 100% IDC is happening is in the lower rpm range with that turbo, meaning those injectors are holding open for a much longer period of time than any of your track cars at that rpm. I'm sorry, but even that one you know better on, so stop being an arrogant *** who's only interested in saving his pride.

As for my friend, you suggested the 780's in the first place, and just recently you suggested that he buy an even larger set off you because his first set wasn't big enough to begin with for what his original goal was. Then originally you sent him on his way with a fuel/timing tune so "conservative" that his exhaust looked like a diesel truck during part throttle and no timing on a stock block/turbo setup. One tune is cheaper than 2 for those who don't know how to tune, but are you saying you tuned him for a 35r setup he originally wanted and sent him on his way knowing it was still a stock turbo setup? If so, that's a pretty sh**ty business practice if you ask me. Tuning a speed density system is not rocket science, all it takes is a little patience and a willingness to learn. But I bet you don't think I have experience with speed density either...oh wait, Honda is speed density...as is Motec/TECII/MS2...and oddly enough so will my Evo in a few months with the stock ecu. Hmm, imagine that.

Either way I'm done arguing with you. You've shown me nothing but arrogance and contempt, as you do to anyone else who disagrees with you. Rest assured I will never ever buy anything from you or own anything your name attached to it, nor will I ever suggest to anyone out there to buy or receive consultation from you. You had something good going there for a long time (you know that time, when it was still your hobby and still "fun")...what happened?
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:32 AM
Evolved Member

First off, if he's some uber smart guy that has worked on everything from Honda engines all the way up to the Enterprises' warp drive, why is he all of the sudden just starting to log IDC's?? Seems like something that's an obvious thing to log to me...but I'm just a stupid "follower" as you put it.

So if he recently just started logging IDC's, how long has he had the same mods done to the car....that will tell how long his IDC's have been close to 100%.

And please stop with the "David's followers" comments. I'm fully capable for thinking for myself but because I happen to agree with the way he does a lot of things I'm considered a "follower".....grow up. With the amount of fast cars he's producing, he's obviously doing something right.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:34 AM
Evolved Member

I am hitting in the high 90's for IDC, and no...it's not alright. That is why I'm UPGRADING my injectors. And everyone always told me I'd never max the stock injector with the stock turbo...hmm, interesting people on here.

Oh, and you do realize that my peak load% is in the lower rpm band right? Right where my peak IDC is right? Yeah....didn't think so.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Whatever you say man. We'll agree to disagree.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:40 AM

First off, if he's some uber smart guy that has worked on everything from Honda engines all the way up to the Enterprises' warp drive, why is he all of the sudden just starting to log IDC's?? Seems like something that's an obvious thing to log to me...but I'm just a stupid "follower" as you put it.

So if he recently just started logging IDC's, how long has he had the same mods done to the car....that will tell how long his IDC's have been close to 100%.

And please stop with the "David's followers" comments. I'm fully capable for thinking for myself but because I happen to agree with the way he does a lot of things I'm considered a "follower".....grow up. With the amount of fast cars he's producing, he's obviously doing something right.
Again, you looking for something to argue about. Sometimes I understand that these type of posts are hard to tell what the person actually means...I mean he just started logging close to 100% IDCs not just started logging IDC's.

As for the comments on the quality cars, yes he can build some fast cars. I never said Dave didn't know what he was doing he just has a **** poor attitude. most of Buschur fanatics hate AMS, yet they are producing fast cars also.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

I've been logging IDC's for a while, Jeff's just never seen my logs until recently when we started working on the prospect of swapping the evo 8 ecu into his 2nd gen. Besides, up until recently I've been using the older mitsulogger program, and even though it's not pretty it did the job. EvoScan is much more user friendly though, and LogWorks2 is just a pita with my current laptop. I miss the old days of BRE and Crome with self-logging and part throttle self-tune features based off the wideband input, made things a lot simpler.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:43 AM
Evolved Member

Whatever you say man. We'll agree to disagree.
I like to disagree...if everyone always agreed, there would never be progress. You're an ok guy, feel free to disagree with me any time you want.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:46 AM
Evolved Member

The answer to your stock turbo fueling needs.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...rbo-setup.html
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:47 AM
Evolved Member

No since he just recently started logging that % IDC and is now upgrading his injectors, so I can't see how thats contradicting myself. Of course I know how most of Dave's followers are and no one will ever be as brillant and incredible as Mr. Buschur . I see it many of times on dsm forums of people logging close to 100% IDC, which usually suggests an injecotr upgrade what is so hard to figure out about that.
seems pretty accurate given the records of this year alone. i guess i am a follower though as i have a couple BR parts mooooo moooooo mooooo< that was me imitating a cow in line

Originally Posted by Slo_crx1
I am hitting in the high 90's for IDC, and no...it's not alright. That is why I'm UPGRADING my injectors. And everyone always told me I'd never max the stock injector with the stock turbo...hmm, interesting people on here.

Oh, and you do realize that my peak load% is in the lower rpm band right? Right where my peak IDC is right? Yeah....didn't think so.

i hear buschur is having a holiday sale!!!!:lol :
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:52 AM
Evolved Member

The answer to your stock turbo fueling needs.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...rbo-setup.html
Lol the shameless plug! Thanks, but I'm getting a set of Lucas disc type injectors, faster response time for my next endeavor in pissing my fiance off.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by joseph k
seems pretty accurate given the records of this year alone. i guess i am a follower though as i have a couple BR parts mooooo moooooo mooooo< that was me imitating a cow in line

i hear buschur is having a holiday sale!!!!:lol :
lol well atleast you cheered up this thread alittle!
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

lol well atleast you cheered up this thread alittle!
Yeah guys...I apologize, I never intended it to be a pissing match. Plus it's that time of the month for my fiance so it kinda put me over the edge a little, but still no excuse lol. I used to say all the time, arguing on the internet's like winning the special olympics...guess I should stick to that a little more next time.
Old Dec 22, 2008, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

So...what you need is larger injectors. I don't think having a knowledgeable argument of IDC and BSFC will help the original poster. He needs a clear and concise response. Dave you build fast cars on a consistent basis and you have a good following. STOP arguing with people! Say your piece and if there is something you disagree with, turn it into a debate, instead of a pissing match. LOCK this thread, the OP has his answer.

Quick Reply: When/why do I need a fuel pressure regulator?