Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

bushur cop vs spark tech

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2008, 08:08 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My friends Buschur COP just took a crap! Not sure whether it was a coil or the Box. Think it was the box as the car wouldnt start. Put on back the stockers, gapped the plugs down to 15 and ran 38psi on q16 all day... go figure.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 09:16 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by MrJdmJimi
Do you want a pretty car or a fast car ?

It is possible to have both, using that statement to compare the two is a little rediculous considering they use virtually the same things.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 03:33 PM

i am in puerto rico and we have a couple of evos 8 and 9 with spark tech system i can tell it works perfect the cars increase between 20 and 35 hp and the engines looks great profecional i now about other systems but this one expecific its great for any evo.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 04:35 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wspy
My friends Buschur COP just took a crap! Not sure whether it was a coil or the Box. Think it was the box as the car wouldnt start. Put on back the stockers, gapped the plugs down to 15 and ran 38psi on q16 all day... go figure.
what gap were you using on the BR COP? How long have you had the ignition box? Have you contacted Buschur? I'm sure he can help you resolve your issue.

Last edited by RiversideMitsu; Dec 13, 2008 at 04:48 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 04:42 PM
Evolving Member

Just out of curiosity since the thread turned into the way it is......how come AMS changed their COP system from BR to Sparktech?
Old Dec 13, 2008, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

I've used the Buschur COP on both a dsm and an evo, and they both had the same issue. The plate is cheap, plain and simple, and the holes where the wires run through have sharp edges which will eat into the wires causing them to short. Happened time and time again and caused about 8 blown fuses the first time around before I figured it out, and had the same thing happen on the evo. I don't know why he hasn't addressed this issue, as I'm 100% certain other people has had this experience.
If the Sparktech had have been around at the time, I would have used them instead. After seeing one in person, they are definitely of better overall quality and don't look like a R&D or homemade product. I'll never use the Buschur COP after having seen this firsthand.

As to myself, I use the HKS and have never had an issue with it.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 06:38 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
and here we are again.

a few notes that NEED to be spoken about.

1st the rumor of who copied who's product. sparck tech copied NO ONE. he was ALSO making them back in the DSM days. just not as public as he is today.

woooooow most company's use 300m coilpacks and m&w cdi boxes. woooooow omg get over it. that does not mean its copied.

how do i know there not a copy of the BR or ANY c.o.p. unit.

1. spark tech's c.o.p. is wired TOTALLY different then any one else's out there. cant copy a product if you wire your unit different then the rest
2. they use different wire then anyone else
3. different custom plates then anyone else
4. most companys claim to work on stock ecu cars. well i have played with 3 c.o.p. units and the only one that works 100000% perfect is spark techs c.o.p. the other 2 company's worked yes but had break up issues. and this imho is not 100%
5. spark techs units also are setup per the customers request. not a one size fits all witch is not always best.
6. you get much much more for your money with spark tech. from cdi mounting options to wire protection to the look of the pro vs basic plates.

i could go on but there is no point. the only reason some say spark tech copied the other shops is because its how this industry works. but its ok for the big boys to copy or make similar parts that other companys do right???? get over your selfs.

Originally Posted by 9sec9
We use the BR COP on the Record Setting FP_RED, which proves it's value to stock/stock appearing turbos, and then went 9.20 on it's first outing on a MIDFRAME sized turbo. The thing I like about using Buschur Racing is the fact that by supporting them, we get the side benefit of David having the money to test other parts. Not too many vendors doing that for the community.

AMS runs low 8s on spark techs C.O.P. they used to use the BR c.o.p. not to mention brandon runs a spark tech c.o.p. witch ran 8.7s...... not to mention they also are on paul nelsons 8 sec evo. and many many other super fast cars. not just the evo. and they look good to.

Last edited by EvoDan2004; Dec 13, 2008 at 06:42 PM.
Old Dec 13, 2008, 07:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by evodan2004
and here we are again.

a few notes that NEED to be spoken about.

1st the rumor of who copied who's product. sparck tech copied NO ONE. he was ALSO making them back in the DSM days. just not as public as he is today.

woooooow most company's use 300m coilpacks and m&w cdi boxes. woooooow omg get over it. that does not mean its copied.

how do i know there not a copy of the BR or ANY c.o.p. unit.

1. spark tech's c.o.p. is wired TOTALLY different then any one else's out there. cant copy a product if you wire your unit different then the rest
2. they use different wire then anyone else
3. different custom plates then anyone else
4. most companys claim to work on stock ecu cars. well i have played with 3 c.o.p. units and the only one that works 100000% perfect is spark techs c.o.p. the other 2 company's worked yes but had break up issues. and this imho is not 100%
5. spark techs units also are setup per the customers request. not a one size fits all witch is not always best.
6. you get much much more for your money with spark tech. from cdi mounting options to wire protection to the look of the pro vs basic plates.

i could go on but there is no point. the only reason some say spark tech copied the other shops is because its how this industry works. but its ok for the big boys to copy or make similar parts that other companys do right???? get over your selfs.

AMS runs low 8s on spark techs C.O.P. they used to use the BR c.o.p. not to mention brandon runs a spark tech c.o.p. witch ran 8.7s...... not to mention they also are on paul nelsons 8 sec evo. and many many other super fast cars. not just the evo. and they look good to.
+1

i guess others don't "build" off of jun 272 cams and halman mbc's . . . . nothing is safe, people should be happy when more than one company makes a product. Keeps the businesses honest, and keeps prices competitive... some people are dummies

Last edited by Peteypab2133; Dec 13, 2008 at 07:37 PM.
Old Dec 14, 2008, 08:07 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
this has gone on long enough

closed...