Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

AVID motor mounts, anyone run them?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
AVID motor mounts, anyone run them?

Wondering if I should go for the 4 piece set or the 3 piece set
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dont go with the avid mounts if its a daily driver. ive had them in a customers cars n had to take them back out. i would go with the ams bushings there cheaper n you only need the lower brace bushing n the two side to side mount
Old Jan 27, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

i know a guy that had them and was having difficulty with tuning because it was causing phantom knock because they were too stiff. He ended up taking it off, not sure if he took all of it off. He had all four mounts btw.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 06:12 PM
Evolving Member

Were these the 65 durometer? Or did someone order the 90's? That's what I'm curious about.
Old May 10, 2009, 04:28 PM
Evolving Member

^ answers on this? Was it the 65durometer ones? Does anyone else run anything other than 80-90 durometer mounts - from experience BR's MM (90d) front by itself isn't too horrible as it rattles on idle and bad with a/c on at a stop but don't do the rear as it tends to then shake your teeth out :-)

My guess is a 65-70durometer is what would be the best mix between better than stock and not rattling the teeth combined with a massage - correct me but Forge is the only one that does a lower durometer however they are purple which is a great color to have MM's. Lower and rear unseen but the side ones aren't and the color is a bit gay under the hood....
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:48 PM

Thought I'd bring this thread back to life... I received my avid 4 piece mount kit that I bought from Adam at MAPerformance the first week in August so almost 2 months ago. I put the front mount in right away and it made a noticeable difference just by itself. A couple weeks later I put the passenger side mount in and I didn't notice as much from adding it to the Avid front mount I already had probably because the side mounts should go in at the same time. Well I had intentions of putting the trans mount on the next day. Low and behold I get my motor supported and everything out from above the mount and I'm looking at it thinking "there is no way in the world that this is billet mount replaces my stocker." Especially considering that the other 2 mounts were direct replacements and fit well. So I put my car back together and call MAP and tell Adam that the mount cant be right. He tells me to take pictures of my stock trans mount so he can draw me a picture on how it's supposed to be installed. It's obvious that the mounts are different and that taking everything back out just for a photo shoot of my stock mount to prove Adam wrong was not even worth the time so instead I point out the fact that a 6 speed trans mount is not the same as the 5 speed trans mount and that I'm not an idiot for thinking otherwise which at first Adam disagreed. So I report this shipping error the 3rd week in August. The first week of September I decide to call Avid and see what is going on. I was told that they were waiting for these mounts to be in stock?? I stopped driving my car very much after the first weekend in September due a disengaging issue with my exedy twin so no worries but still curious on where my mount is. Well this weekend I put my new Comp Stage5 clutch kit in as well as the solid rear mount since it was convenient to do so with the trans out. Still no trans mount from Avid or MAP though but it sure would have been nice to have considering that I had the oem one out of the car. It's been over a month now since I reported this so I thought waiting this long before posting about it was fair enough. I suppose they just aren't "in stock" yet. Accidents happen with orders all the time and everyone knows that, but how they are handled is a different story I guess. As for the 3 mounts I have in my car from Avid and the 4th one collecting dust... quality mounts for my dd and a quality paper weight for my desk, but not so quality customer service.
Old Sep 29, 2009, 11:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Had the same problem with the torque solutions mounts when installing them in a buddies MR. The drivers side tranny mounts are definitely different from the 6 speed and the 5 speed...
Old Sep 30, 2009, 05:22 PM

I could def use the tranny mount at this point. From what I understand it makes a big difference aiding in more crisp smoother shifts which I need now that I am just running the three mounts my shifts have become even less crisp. I don't know why I still have yet to get my replacement mount.
Old Oct 21, 2009, 06:59 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by StreetSweeperIX
Thought I'd bring this thread back to life... I received my avid 4 piece mount kit that I bought from Adam at MAPerformance the first week in August so almost 2 months ago. I put the front mount in right away and it made a noticeable difference just by itself. A couple weeks later I put the passenger side mount in and I didn't notice as much from adding it to the Avid front mount I already had probably because the side mounts should go in at the same time. Well I had intentions of putting the trans mount on the next day. Low and behold I get my motor supported and everything out from above the mount and I'm looking at it thinking "there is no way in the world that this is billet mount replaces my stocker." Especially considering that the other 2 mounts were direct replacements and fit well. So I put my car back together and call MAP and tell Adam that the mount cant be right. He tells me to take pictures of my stock trans mount so he can draw me a picture on how it's supposed to be installed. It's obvious that the mounts are different and that taking everything back out just for a photo shoot of my stock mount to prove Adam wrong was not even worth the time so instead I point out the fact that a 6 speed trans mount is not the same as the 5 speed trans mount and that I'm not an idiot for thinking otherwise which at first Adam disagreed. So I report this shipping error the 3rd week in August. The first week of September I decide to call Avid and see what is going on. I was told that they were waiting for these mounts to be in stock?? I stopped driving my car very much after the first weekend in September due a disengaging issue with my exedy twin so no worries but still curious on where my mount is. Well this weekend I put my new Comp Stage5 clutch kit in as well as the solid rear mount since it was convenient to do so with the trans out. Still no trans mount from Avid or MAP though but it sure would have been nice to have considering that I had the oem one out of the car. It's been over a month now since I reported this so I thought waiting this long before posting about it was fair enough. I suppose they just aren't "in stock" yet. Accidents happen with orders all the time and everyone knows that, but how they are handled is a different story I guess. As for the 3 mounts I have in my car from Avid and the 4th one collecting dust... quality mounts for my dd and a quality paper weight for my desk, but not so quality customer service.

I think Awd Motorposrts has the 6 speed tranny mount instock.