Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Greddy Boost controller issues..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2009, 02:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greddy Boost controller issues..

Hey guys,

So, I've got a bit of an issue..

I bought a greddy boost controller off another member on here and just hooked it up yesterday..

It looks like I may be having an issue with the boost controller valve.. solenoid.. something..

No matter what I mess with (percentage etc) it only reads 12.1psi of boost on the controller, even though I have it set up in AEM for 20 psi max..

Has anyone ever heard of this happening and where the issue may be? I checked the wiring, boost tubing and there doesn't seem to be any random leaks..

Thanks for the help!
Jim
Old Mar 29, 2009, 08:51 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
it might be interfering with each other since the aem emc is like a boost controller itself so they might be and interfering event happening
Old Mar 29, 2009, 09:49 PM

Sounds like you are stuck at wastegate boost.. Which one of Greddy's boost controllers did you buy?? There is currently 3 models you can buy new.. The Profec B Spec 2, The Profec type S(which is a revised original B), and the Profec E-01(which is currently being discontinued). Secondly; What are you attempting to configure that is made by AEM that has relevance with boost control? Greddy does not have any controllers that allow control to be shared with other devices.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 10:53 PM
Evolved Member

Greddy only has one EBC available....Profec B spec II. You need to carefully check how you have it hooked up. Also, make sure that ALL of the plastic caps are taken out of the solenoid.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 11:08 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by boostless
Greddy only has one EBC available....Profec B spec II. You need to carefully check how you have it hooked up. Also, make sure that ALL of the plastic caps are taken out of the solenoid.
Indeed.. its the pro spec b.. I'll check into it and see if the caps are taken out..

*edit*

any and all caps are removed from the solenoid..

Last edited by DJJimGreen; Mar 29, 2009 at 11:17 PM.
Old Mar 29, 2009, 11:41 PM
Evolved Member

Assuming you have similar to stock setup (internal wastegate) the NO goes to a pressure source and the COM goes to the actuator on the turbo. I didnt use the factory hosing because it has some sort of pill im not mistaken. Double check that because it just sounds like something is backwards. 12 psi sounds like the actuator psi
Old Mar 30, 2009, 06:55 PM
Evolving Member

Assuming you have similar to stock setup (internal wastegate) the NO goes to a pressure source and the COM goes to the actuator on the turbo. I didnt use the factory hosing because it has some sort of pill im not mistaken. Double check that because it just sounds like something is backwards. 12 psi sounds like the actuator psi
Well I know the tubing is set up right and not going to the internal wastegate.. but the stock tubing may have been used.. I'll check it out.. Yea, its weiiiird
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

Wait a minute...you bought a greddy boost controller, but youre adjusting it in the aem software???
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:19 PM

Greddy only has one EBC available....Profec B spec II.
So who makes the other 2 electronic boost controllers that Greddy has available to purchase on their website?
http://www.greddy.com/products/displ...SubCategory=51

I would highly recommend downloading and reading the instruction manual for the spec II located here on Greddy's website.
http://www.greddy.com/tech/
That way you can be more specific with your question, and those of us that know about the boost controller can better help you. Not meaning to sound rude though it would help you more in understanding the operation and setup of the Spec II.
Old Mar 30, 2009, 10:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by UMSTuning
Wait a minute...you bought a greddy boost controller, but youre adjusting it in the aem software???
well no.. its already tuned via aem at 20psi.. but when I hooked up the greddy boost controller, it will only read 12.1 psi, regardless of my tuned settings..
Old Mar 30, 2009, 11:45 PM

What it is tuned for and how much boost you are achieving is irrelevant.
Read the installation manual and learn about the boost controller you purchased.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:05 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by genma
What it is tuned for and how much boost you are achieving is irrelevant.
Read the installation manual and learn about the boost controller you purchased.
You can't say "don't want to sound rude" if you're obviously being an ***.

I would hope most would find it obvious that one would read a manual before posting a question on a forum.. I wasn't expecting any sort of an answer from a manual such as "if you are receiving 12.1 psi of boost no matter what, XXX" ..

Come on now. Be constructive if you're going to be critical.

Thanks anyways for your help.

*edit*

Don't want to sound rude.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:31 AM

If its an old school greddy profec b, check the settings on the back of the unit. Page 8 on this website. http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/gre...c_b/index.html

this is asuming that you are running an older spec b and not running any other boost controlling devices. Also, you are using the Hi Boost knob, correct? When mine was hooked up, the Lo Boost knob did very little above wastegate pressure.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:35 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by sti.this
If its an old school greddy profec b, check the settings on the back of the unit. Page 8 on this website. http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/gre...c_b/index.html

this is asuming that you are running an older spec b and not running any other boost controlling devices. Also, you are using the Hi Boost knob, correct? When mine was hooked up, the Lo Boost knob did very little above wastegate pressure.
I have the profec b spec 2 so I believe it only has the one knob that I can push multiple times to cycle through.. I tried turning it up to all different values (30%, 100%) and it would still just halt there.. I may just need to call greddy and ask about this.. hmm =\

Last edited by DJJimGreen; Mar 31, 2009 at 11:39 AM.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:37 AM

im having the same issue with a greddy prof b spec ii. it may be my bov or wastegate. but I havent gotten it checked out.

have you tried putting on a mbc to see if it does the same thing?

Quick Reply: Greddy Boost controller issues..