Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Greddy Boost controller issues..

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:42 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by mhchan218
im having the same issue with a greddy prof b spec ii. it may be my bov or wastegate. but I havent gotten it checked out.

have you tried putting on a mbc to see if it does the same thing?
No actually.. but that's awesome that it's not just me.. I was beginning to lose my mind.. I guess I'll read over the manual again and see if it's just locked on something.. but yea, I guess it could be something more serious like the BOV or wastegate.. but.. hmm.. damn troubleshooting!
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:45 AM
Evolving Member

I'm just throwing random things out there since I have a Profec as well. Is the restrictor pill on backwards? I'd say check that thing as well. Also, what are your properties? You may just have the EBC tuned wrong.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 11:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Double check your installation, for 20 psi turn the set knob to read 45 and push the set button in, wait for it to go to the default screen. Hit mode once turn the set knob until it reads 5% and push the button in. Wait till it goes back to the default screen. Hit mode twice, turn the set knob to 180 and push button in. Wait till it goes back to the default screen, hit mode 3 times and set the warning to what ever you want push the set knob in. Wait till it goes back to the default screen, hit mode 4 times and set the number of percent you want the controller to back the boost off when it reaches the set warning boost limit and push the set button in. That should get you pretty close to 20 psi, if you want more or less boost just turn the set button and don't forget to push it in afterwards.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 12:05 PM
Evolved Member

I had that controller when it first came out and hated it with a passion.

Make sure you have the lines hooked up right to the controller. Are you adjusting the gain/duty cycle and all that?

Honestly if you have an AEM, i would just ran the AEM boost solenoid and did it in that.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 12:35 PM

Well, If everything is hooked up correctly and setup according to the manual, then this would mean that you purchased a BROKEN boost controller. Your questions regarding your boost controller dictate you know nothing of the Boost controller, so if you are offended take it as constructive critisim, when I say read the manual. 12.1 PSI is damn near WASTE GATE Pressure.

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
You can't say "don't want to sound rude" if you're obviously being an ***.

I would hope most would find it obvious that one would read a manual before posting a question on a forum.. I wasn't expecting any sort of an answer from a manual such as "if you are receiving 12.1 psi of boost no matter what, XXX" ..

Come on now. Be constructive if you're going to be critical.

Thanks anyways for your help.

*edit*

Don't want to sound rude.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SavEVOIX
I'm just throwing random things out there since I have a Profec as well. Is the restrictor pill on backwards? I'd say check that thing as well. Also, what are your properties? You may just have the EBC tuned wrong.
I'll check on that! I was looking into the tuning of the EBC.. you're right, it came used from another member so I'm fairly sure it's just not tuned right somewhere in the set up..

Originally Posted by AWD_Terror

Make sure you have the lines hooked up right to the controller. Are you adjusting the gain/duty cycle and all that?

Honestly if you have an AEM, i would just ran the AEM boost solenoid and did it in that.
I'm beginning to think that is the best route... and just try to sell this off!

Originally Posted by genma
Well, If everything is hooked up correctly and setup according to the manual, then this would mean that you purchased a BROKEN boost controller. Your questions regarding your boost controller dictate you know nothing of the Boost controller, so if you are offended take it as constructive critisim, when I say read the manual. 12.1 PSI is damn near WASTE GATE Pressure.
ok thanks.
Old Mar 31, 2009, 01:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
Double check your installation, for 20 psi turn the set knob to read 45 and push the set button in, wait for it to go to the default screen. Hit mode once turn the set knob until it reads 5% and push the button in. Wait till it goes back to the default screen. Hit mode twice, turn the set knob to 180 and push button in. Wait till it goes back to the default screen, hit mode 3 times and set the warning to what ever you want push the set knob in. Wait till it goes back to the default screen, hit mode 4 times and set the number of percent you want the controller to back the boost off when it reaches the set warning boost limit and push the set button in. That should get you pretty close to 20 psi, if you want more or less boost just turn the set button and don't forget to push it in afterwards.
Thanks a bunch for this.. yea, since it came from someone else I'm positive it's somewhere in the system.. and hopefully this will clear it right up..
Old Apr 1, 2009, 09:45 AM

This is very helpful. I have this boost controller as well. When on high boost the car falls on its face. I am hoping that it is not the boost controller giving out.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

I was having the same problem I just sold mines and got a dual stage.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 09:55 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by AWD_Terror

I can agree with you on that.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:06 AM
Evolving Member

dang.. so most are saying just sell the boost controller?
Old Apr 1, 2009, 11:57 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DJJimGreen
dang.. so most are saying just sell the boost controller?

IMHO, it would prob be your wisest choice.
I would go with a home made MBC before I would touch another spec2
Honestly, I have had problems with other Greddy products too and dont really wish to buy anymore.

I lost confidence in AEM techs too to be honest after speaking with a moron on the phone last week about wideband output.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
^Dont blame the product because you don't fully understand how it operates... The greddy profec b spec II has a pretty big learning curve, once you figure it out is is really nice... it took me 2 weeks to finally get mine set the way I wanted it...

Also what did you need to know about the AEM WBO2 output...
Old Apr 1, 2009, 12:52 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Fast_Freddie
^Dont blame the product because you don't fully understand how it operates... The greddy profec b spec II has a pretty big learning curve, once you figure it out is is really nice... it took me 2 weeks to finally get mine set the way I wanted it...

Also what did you need to know about the AEM WBO2 output...
Again, I was prob one of the first people with this controller in the US. I know all this already and you are not telling me anything new. compared to other controllers I had, I hated it and chucked it. Apparently Im not the only one that has had problems with it. Not a single tuner could figure it out at the time either.

I wont touch another spec 2 again and leary of Greddy products too as I had problems with their electronic gauges doing funny things too. On top of multiple issues with Emanage's and eman Ultimates that not even they could answer. I had to brainstorm with other people to come up with the answers because they could not properly support a product they produced. That is bad business to me and left me with a foul taste in my mouth.

The spec1 was a gem though. AVCR was a gem and worked great. I had some problems with my World Motorsports one this week too, but they are local so i had them reflash it and should be working now.
So as you can see, I have tinkered with a few. If this one isnt understood by the level of people helping me on top of me not figuring it out, im not interested in it.

I figured the wideband issue out. Just the AEM tech was a retard. My issue was drivers not loading and using the serial port. he didnt understand why i was using a serial port and wanted to tell me he doesnt know ECU flash even though I didnt ask him about that. lol.

Last edited by AWD_Terror; Apr 1, 2009 at 12:54 PM.
Old Apr 1, 2009, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

I feel like I should try to get this working after ALL of this trouble.. but then again I'm wondering.. "why the hell did you get this if you have AEM controlling it already?"

I'm gonna check up on a few things and see if it fixes it.. right now it's just unplugged. =\