Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.
View Poll Results: Which Battery Tray Kit
Saikou
4.44%
AWD Motorsports
2.22%
ETS
25.56%
AMS
15.56%
BR
20.00%
Others
32.22%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Mini battery love -

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2009, 09:12 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Jedi@MaxumTec
I guess you guys over looked Nisei Engineering's Trays. If you are looking for value, I don't think you can beat the CNC billet aluminum trays. Their UBC Kit is usually $190 with our Paypal Promo (DELIVERED)but, they don't have the normal battery it comes with "Genesis" so, currently they are supplying these kits with the upgraded PC680 for $200.

This is their value kit! For those looking for something a little more "high end" the New Genesis kit will be released shortly!
Forgot about that one - will update post.

What is the differences in the new Genesis kit vs the UBC?

Last edited by Joey B; May 11, 2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old May 11, 2009, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Silly question - is there a way to change the poll options? I must be missing it if there is....
Old May 11, 2009, 09:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by kouzman
Nisei is simply amazing! The quality is excellent, they weight next to nothing and the battery that I got goes into the 3rd year of it's life with no problems whatsoever. Only once I had to jump when I went to vacation and the car was standing for 2 and a half weeks!

It cranks my AEMed car no problem still!

Voted for others. You should include nisei in the poll!

Ohh and Jedi and maxumtech can hook you up with great deals! So happy that these quality parts have an excellent vendor!!!

Couldn't agree more. I posted the below in the Nisei thread. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...day-now-5.html

I was finally able on Thursday to install my Nisei UICP kit and Braille Battery Kit. After talking with Jed, he noted that I could order longer battery posts so I could use a bigger Braille battery. I was not going to use the Odyssey as to many of my friends and many here have had issues. Once my friends switched over to Brailles, they haven't had a problem since. Over 2 years on top of that. Most of which are only driven during warmer months.

So I ordered a Braille 2015 battery which is their 15 lb one with 440 CCA instead of 220 for the normal Odyssey It's slighly taller so I got the bigger posts (From Nisei) that were actually made for Brailles 18lb battery. The 18lb battery is taller by a little so all I did was cut out a piece of 1/4 ABS plastic to fit underneath the battery plate that goes on top. Works perfectly.

I couldn't have been any happier with Jeds customer service and fast shipping. The quality is incredible and the price is even better. If you are thinking getting any parts they carry, I suggest you do it now while the prices are still Black Friday and before they change their mind. Pics installed.

Old May 11, 2009, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

I need to check what battery I have. It's over 1.5 years old and still starts up every time, even after 5-6 days of sitting. My guess is Oddyssey.
Old May 11, 2009, 09:34 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by TheGVR4kid
What about the Boost Logic kit that uses a stock Miata battery?
Forgot about this one too - I do remember hearing about this one - but the issue was that it will only fit with their UIP right?
Anyone out there have pics or tried this unit with other UIP's?
Old May 11, 2009, 10:31 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
I wouldn't recommend going with any type of odyssey PC680 batteries. Last year we received over 18 batteries back for warranty. The super value battery that we sell, not one has come back. Odyssey is starting to not warranty the PC680 as well.

Good Luck!

Michael
Old May 11, 2009, 10:32 AM
Evolved Member

i have a decent no name brand, it holds up with my GT35R, AEM and A/C
Old May 11, 2009, 11:47 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by ETS Michael
I wouldn't recommend going with any type of odyssey PC680 batteries. Last year we received over 18 batteries back for warranty. The super value battery that we sell, not one has come back. Odyssey is starting to not warranty the PC680 as well.

Good Luck!

Michael
Thats interesting, we've never had to have a 680 warrantied but, their warranty as stated is 2 yrs solid. Same as the Genesis battery. Maybe your supplier had old stock and the battery exceeded the warranty period? You might want to take a look at the top right corner of the battery and see what the manufacturer's date says. Nisei told us the only time they will not warranty these batteries is if they are mis-used ( meaning overcharged, broken from over tightening the terminals and cracking the internal plates, or abused with bad charging cycles). Outside of this they should be warrantied.

I've only had to send in 2 Genesis batteries for warranty inspection in a 1 1/2 yr period and they were both replaced with new batteries which came with a new warranty.

Well at any rate I believe the Enersys (Made In USA) batteries are much better than the cheap China/Taiwan batteries. Those ones fail pretty quickly and they start to leak... even though they are "Sealed Lead Acid" batteries. I hate to try and get one of those warrantied.
Old May 11, 2009, 11:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Jo & Joey
Forgot about that one - will update post.

What is the differences in the new Genesis kit vs the UBC?
Difference is EVERYTHING! Well, it's got a new look and we'll be getting them shortly. Price is suppose to be a bit more than the old one ($225) but, still competitive. I'm sure we'll get photo's going once we get them.

Only thing to say is they look TIGHT!!
Old May 11, 2009, 02:14 PM

Nisei FTW! great product, looks great, fits well. Can't find a better looking battery tray for the money.
Old May 11, 2009, 05:34 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jedi@MaxumTec
Difference is EVERYTHING! Well, it's got a new look and we'll be getting them shortly. Price is suppose to be a bit more than the old one ($225) but, still competitive. I'm sure we'll get photo's going once we get them.

Only thing to say is they look TIGHT!!
Everything? The difference is.....looks? So the Genesis is for that battery only and $225 is tray and battery correct?

The UBC fits what batteries? Other than the Odyssey of course.

The Braille unit only fits that specific battery as well correct?
Old May 11, 2009, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

Or you could get creative and build your own like I did. I think I spent less than $85 for materials and battery using a relabeled Deka AGM mini battery.
Old May 11, 2009, 06:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Got mine from eBay. Bought my Odssey battery separately from diff vender. Works just fine.
Old May 11, 2009, 09:12 PM
Evolving Member

been rocking the BR for 3 years same battery, just hit it with the trickle charger if i don't drive it for a while
Old May 12, 2009, 08:31 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Slo_crx1
Or you could get creative and build your own like I did. I think I spent less than $85 for materials and battery using a relabeled Deka AGM mini battery.
Pics?

Originally Posted by EvolNinja
Got mine from eBay. Bought my Odssey battery separately from diff vender. Works just fine.
Same here - pics?

This will help others see what can be done and give them options - just a thought when ppl do a search.

Quick Reply: Mini battery love -