Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Please help, stuck in neutral?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 20, 2009, 01:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i will post more later

this is the clutch still on the car, yappppp
Old Jun 20, 2009, 02:45 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ohh dear!!!

That looks completely destroyed! Sorry about that man! I hope that you will send the clutch to the manufacturer and they can Figure out what happened
Old Jun 20, 2009, 02:53 PM
Evolved Member

exactly what I thought, defective clutch, that's why it is better to spend money on more reputable clutch.
Old Jun 20, 2009, 06:47 PM
Evolved Member

i will get more pics up
Old Jun 21, 2009, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

yes lets see more pictures.

what do you think happened?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 07:59 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by fugiwara
exactly what I thought, defective clutch, that's why it is better to spend money on more reputable clutch.
Just for a tid bit of information, it looks like there was a little bit of failure in the disk which was made by Quartermaster. As everyone knows, Quartermasters are pretty much unbreakable when it comes to holding power.

As I spoke to the OP a couple threads back when he was having issues, I suggested a few methods before installing which I believe he didn't perform so I think this is were a few issues came into play. (The issues have since been fixed from the manufacturer's, so customers won't have to do the clearance-ing before installing)

Paulo - I'm contacting Comp Clutch now and trying to get a new unit setup so we can swap it out for you. I'll shoot you a pm with some information here shortly!

Thanks,
Adam
Old Jun 22, 2009, 08:20 AM
Evolved Member

Thats great news Adam for the op. Trully a vendor who is backing up their customer service and their products!

Adam any solutions for installng a pedal stop for a quartermaster twin? Qm themselves suggest the use of one, and it seems that all of the new type clutches need one.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by maperformance
Just for a tid bit of information, it looks like there was a little bit of failure in the disk which was made by Quartermaster. As everyone knows, Quartermasters are pretty much unbreakable when it comes to holding power.

As I spoke to the OP a couple threads back when he was having issues, I suggested a few methods before installing which I believe he didn't perform so I think this is were a few issues came into play. (The issues have since been fixed from the manufacturer's, so customers won't have to do the clearance-ing before installing)

Paulo - I'm contacting Comp Clutch now and trying to get a new unit setup so we can swap it out for you. I'll shoot you a pm with some information here shortly!

Thanks,
Adam
I am not trying to stir it up, but since this issue was seemingly known about, wouldn't it have been prudent to have included some additional precautionary notes in with the original purchase? Yes, hind-sight is always 20/20 vision.

+1 for helping broham out with a repalcement, but a big fail for not including additional info which could have precluded this from the beginning.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:24 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dtuned
I am not trying to stir it up, but since this issue was seemingly known about, wouldn't it have been prudent to have included some additional precautionary notes in with the original purchase? Yes, hind-sight is always 20/20 vision.

+1 for helping broham out with a repalcement, but a big fail for not including additional info which could have precluded this from the beginning.
According to some of their earlier posts they did include additional instructions with the clutch.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7121058-post23.html
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:53 AM
Former Sponsor

It actually was included and emailed detailed installation instructions when the clutch was ordered.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 11:54 AM
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by PVD04
According to some of their earlier posts they did include additional instructions with the clutch.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/7121058-post23.html

Correct, full color pictures on were to check for clearance.
Old Jun 22, 2009, 01:50 PM
Evolved Member

Adam from map DID send me precautionary pictures and directions about required prcedures

However, I DID do the required procedures and this STILL happened
I'm not trying to blame anyone, not my intentions at all, I just want to drive
Old Jul 18, 2009, 05:26 PM
Evolving Member

wow im sorry to see this, I really wanted to get this clutch but im gunna wait and see what happens when you get your other clutch on ans see how that goes.

Also, what do the required procedures actually entail if I may ask?
Old Oct 4, 2009, 05:34 AM
Evolving Member

wow and now i cant get mine into gear at all and i deploy tus..........
Old Jun 22, 2014, 09:06 PM

stuck

Have the evo 8 with the 6 speed gearbox and driving on the highway going at about 60km and tried going to 6th gear and couldn't, tried going back to five and am blocked out stuck cant go in any gear at all stuck in neutral, so i pulled of the road stopped, switched off the car and tried to go in gear and still couldn't, clutch felt normal nothing was wrong and then after trying and trying and trying it finally went in to first gear and went into 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th ok felt like nothing is wrong but tried 6th and couldn't go in and again stuck in neutral again but didn't pull off the road this time, just press the clutch went in 1st, 2nd and all other gear except 6th its as if it did exist can only go in reverse, what could be the cause of the lock out (note) new clutch and i didn't know just bought the car a few days now and don't know much about them. What can cause this? Please help

Quick Reply: Please help, stuck in neutral?