Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Please help, stuck in neutral?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10, 2009, 10:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Unhappy Please help, stuck in neutral?

Ill keep it short

New Comp Twin Clutch
Have 500 miles on clutch, still doing the 1000mile break in

On way home, was in 5th gear around 3500 rpm and then it just revved high, as if the clutch just slipped

I then went to down shift, but NOTHING
it would not go into any gears at ALL
ill rephrase that - i can shift it into all gears but it wont go, itll just rev up and not move

- No gears work
- Clutch pedal still hard
- Went under car and looked at hydrolic TOB, it still does its job when slave cylinder is pressed (push style)
- Car is off, i put it in 1st gear and turn the key, car turns on with no problem but doesnt move (instead of jump starting)

it is as if its stuck in neutral or something
im going to look at it today, just need some input and help

Last edited by FX11; Jun 10, 2009 at 11:43 AM.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow, one hour and not one post from anyone... unbelievable.

Someone help out my fellow evo brother....
Old Jun 10, 2009, 11:59 AM
Evolved Member

Unfortunately man it sounds like nothing you are going to fix with the tranny in the car. Im sure your issue will be quite obvious after you have it apart.

If I had to guess id say broken input shaft? or the clutch hub, which is unlikely because its twin disk both would have to break.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sounds like you are locked out or the clutch went bad.. I would recheck the TB arm again.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:07 PM

Have you heard any whining sounds coming from the car? When you try and disengage the clutch do you hear any sounds? I had an issue similiar to this when I got my new clutch, seems that there was not any/very little fluid in the transfer case which caused it to overheat and blow up. I'm no expert but I thought I would share my experience.
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolved Member

yeah it looks like i might have to just tear her apart again
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:11 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by X_Evo
Have you heard any whining sounds coming from the car? When you try and disengage the clutch do you hear any sounds? I had an issue similiar to this when I got my new clutch, seems that there was not any/very little fluid in the transfer case which caused it to overheat and blow up. I'm no expert but I thought I would share my experience.
lol thats scary
but no i didnt have a whine, i had chatter but thats normal

and fluid levels are fine in both my tranny and tcase
Old Jun 10, 2009, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Bro... it's been over two weeks now... As you said, it's time to re-do the job.

When you get it sorted, you will def be the twin-clutch/push-type conversion expert. Good luck, broham!
Old Jun 10, 2009, 02:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dtuned
Bro... it's been over two weeks now... As you said, it's time to re-do the job.

When you get it sorted, you will def be the twin-clutch/push-type conversion expert. Good luck, broham!
lol you make it sound so easy
and this is going to be the 3rd time! ahh lol and this is a new problem, the one from 2weeks ago was the i couldnt shift into gears because of lockout

but yeah i looked at it today and am pretty puzzled, so looks like the tranny is coming out again

i will start it today but i also have been trying to contact comp clutch directly but thats no use
Old Jun 11, 2009, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

Originally Posted by FX11
lol you make it sound so easy
and this is going to be the 3rd time! ahh lol and this is a new problem, the one from 2weeks ago was the i couldnt shift into gears because of lockout

but yeah i looked at it today and am pretty puzzled, so looks like the tranny is coming out again

i will start it today but i also have been trying to contact comp clutch directly but thats no use
Didn't say it was easy, and yeah, I've been there enough times where it seems easy, but it's just that it doesn't faze me. It's still a PITA, regardless. Wish I could help you out. I'm just rooting for you from across the world. I would def write a how-to in the end, if it were me. Hang in there, broham!

Oh! that really blows that the manufacturer won't respond to you. I'll just remember to steer clear of them if i ever decide to go twin.

Last edited by dtuned; Jun 11, 2009 at 10:57 AM.
Old Jun 11, 2009, 05:40 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by dtuned
Didn't say it was easy, and yeah, I've been there enough times where it seems easy, but it's just that it doesn't faze me. It's still a PITA, regardless. Wish I could help you out. I'm just rooting for you from across the world.
lmao alright now that i got my motivation i'm definitely gona have it apart by the weekend hopefully then i can see what is wrong
Old Jun 11, 2009, 11:16 PM

At least your not a bummer like my buddy with a Suby, when i did a simple turbo upgrade for him. You'll get sorted just keep that patience it seems you already possess. and will live on! Let us know what you find.
Old Jun 13, 2009, 03:45 AM
Evolving Member

Cool

Originally Posted by FX11
lmao alright now that i got my motivation i'm definitely gona have it apart by the weekend hopefully then i can see what is wrong
I know you will get it done and running right lol you probably have that whole drivetrain memorized and you probably can disassemble and reassemble in your sleep like me. Yeah, I wish I didn't but I'm glad I can. Sheesh! with the experience gained from hard work and lady luck being a biatch, you might as well open your own EVO gearbox removal/replacement gig
Old Jun 20, 2009, 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

so yeah i finally found out the problem, tore her apart again, looked at the clutch, im speechless...
Old Jun 20, 2009, 12:33 PM
Evolved Member

Why what did you see? Any pictures? From the tranny there is always the risk to even damage your engine...

Quick Reply: Please help, stuck in neutral?