Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Please help, stuck in neutral?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22, 2014, 10:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by chad1992
Have the evo 8 with the 6 speed gearbox and driving on the highway going at about 60km and tried going to 6th gear and couldn't, tried going back to five and am blocked out stuck cant go in any gear at all stuck in neutral, so i pulled of the road stopped, switched off the car and tried to go in gear and still couldn't, clutch felt normal nothing was wrong and then after trying and trying and trying it finally went in to first gear and went into 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th ok felt like nothing is wrong but tried 6th and couldn't go in and again stuck in neutral again but didn't pull off the road this time, just press the clutch went in 1st, 2nd and all other gear except 6th its as if it did exist can only go in reverse, what could be the cause of the lock out (note) new clutch and i didn't know just bought the car a few days now and don't know much about them. What can cause this? Please help
New clutch says it all... Though, the 6 speed are known for not being very kind.... You'll have to take off the transmission for assurance
Old Feb 12, 2019, 08:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
09 lancer ralliart won't shift into any gear R light blinking

Hi i am new to this but today I ran across this post because I had trouble with my Ralliart not moving at all wile shifting into gear. long story short I FIXED the problem did everything I could and no solution until I was about to give up and thot it was a bad tranny problem NOPE the key was in the ignition with fob attached to it because it's the only way to turn on since it's disprogramed. And by the way car is at shop for paint guy called me to tell me the problem had happened so he had bin leaving the key in the ignition over nights never taking it out so I'm guessing car went into some kind of safety mode? I took key out off ignition locked the car inserted key in fob unlocked the car inserted key in the ignition with fob attached at the end of key and BAM car Ran agen every gear is working now!! I was amazed and relieved so just hope this helps other ppl having this problem and save someone serious cash.