Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Look at what I found in my UICP......

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Import Junky
I was kind of thinking the same thing. I also don't want to drill and tap an UICP with a thin Aluminum wall either. Not sure yet what I'm going to do.
i tried the meth thing and it was not for me BUT when i had mine done i asked the company ''nisei'' who makes my uicp to put a little 1x1 thick piece of aluminum to act as a plate on the uicp so i can tap it with ease. well it worked perfectly. i recommend you get an aluminum pipe. and have whoever the company is weld on a little plate where YOU want it. then tap it. if they wont do it then i would not deal with them. but at least stay away from that metal thing you have now
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:30 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by evodan2004
i tried the meth thing and it was not for me BUT when i had mine done i asked the company ''nisei'' who makes my uicp to put a little 1x1 thick piece of aluminum to act as a plate on the uicp so i can tap it with ease. well it worked perfectly. i recommend you get an aluminum pipe. and have whoever the company is weld on a little plate where YOU want it. then tap it. if they wont do it then i would not deal with them. but at least stay away from that metal thing you have now

why wasnt it for you?
Old Jul 19, 2009, 07:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same issue with my ETS UICP. I bought it used and never imagined that it would have been mild steel and of course the guy that sold it didn't show pics of the rusted inside pipes.

I called ETS and asked if they would do anything for me, maybe cut me a deal on the new UICP and they said they couldn't do anything about it. They mentioned that because of their location they don't have rust issue. I don't see how that's possible because just the air getting hot and cold from running the car will cause condensation in the pipes which would eventually start it rusting.

Poor choice on them I say. I'll buy from another company to replace them.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 09:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I had an old ams aluminum LICP i removed and had absolutely no rust inside. idk why your stainless would. none of my stock piping have it either.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:41 PM
Evolving Member

you would think ets would speak up about this?
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:51 PM
Evolving Member

Damn, I just installed an ets licp a couple days ago, hopefully the vegas heat will keep it from rusting.
Old Jul 19, 2009, 11:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by meltdown
They mentioned that because of their location they don't have rust issue.

this is the dumbest excuse i've ever heard... am with you on buying from a different company...
Old Jul 20, 2009, 04:36 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^^

Exactly. It shouldn't be about their location. They are selling a product that is supposed to work flawlessly. If they sell piping to a guy in Kansas City then they should be able to back up their product.

I mean c'mon, were not talking about eBay piping here....
Old Jul 20, 2009, 06:30 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by meltdown
I have the same issue with my ETS UICP. I bought it used and never imagined that it would have been mild steel and of course the guy that sold it didn't show pics of the rusted inside pipes.

I called ETS and asked if they would do anything for me, maybe cut me a deal on the new UICP and they said they couldn't do anything about it. They mentioned that because of their location they don't have rust issue. I don't see how that's possible because just the air getting hot and cold from running the car will cause condensation in the pipes which would eventually start it rusting.

This is the response I'm expecting to get so right after I read this post I went onto Buschur's website and ordered a new UICP set.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
That surface rust is nothig to worry about. You guys are getting all wound up for nothing. The stock pipes on DSM's and galant vr4's and almost all older turbo cars is milld steel and has surface rust on it. It would take DECADES to rust through. The only reason to use AL or ss pipes is because AL is lighter and SS is pretty. Functionally it is no different.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 07:27 AM
Evolved Member

I have the same issue and I've never run meth through my system. Not even water.

I sandblasted mine and use a big pipe cleaner to get ther surface rust off. Even the outside does this on mine. Mine are ETS as well.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 08:15 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by batty200
That surface rust is nothig to worry about. You guys are getting all wound up for nothing. The stock pipes on DSM's and galant vr4's and almost all older turbo cars is milld steel and has surface rust on it. It would take DECADES to rust through. The only reason to use AL or ss pipes is because AL is lighter and SS is pretty. Functionally it is no different.
Sorry man, I just can't agree with that being ok. I'm not saying you're wrong, just can't agree that's all. I feel better knowing I'll have high quality S.S. on there especially since I'm gonna be running meth.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 08:22 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow.

Import Junky: Since you mentioned wanting our UICP..... I sent you a PM. Check your inbox.

Originally Posted by project_skyline
I dont even know why everyone gets so up in arms about the garrett vs ets core. Both work great. I dont see any reason to pay more for the garrett. The ETS one has proven itself plenty!
I respectfully disagree.

Garrett is THE best FMIC core you can buy.

Last edited by Jrod@Buschur; Jul 20, 2009 at 08:24 AM.
Old Jul 20, 2009, 08:23 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Sorry, I was not able to answer you guys over the weekend. We recently (last couple months) switched to all stainless steel piping (304). We always had the option for polished stainless steel and the stock piping was advertised as mild steel with a powder coated finish.

If anyone is interested in switching there mild steel piping to stainless steel, we will give a 15% discount towards the new product.

All piping sold within the last 2 months has been stainless steel.

If you have any other questions, please let me know! Again.. Sorry for the late response, we do not work on the weekends.

Thanks,

Michael
360-263-3748
ExtremeTurboSystems.com
Old Jul 20, 2009, 08:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 54 Likes on 43 Posts
Originally Posted by atkins
i remeber reading a post on bushurs forum when he and ets werent friends. its 3/4 way down on the page i have linked here.

http://buschurforums.com/forum/showt...t=20445&page=3

after this all came up ets started offering stainless pipng at an additional cost, but no where did they inform the customer of what they were buying, that it wasnt stainless, or that they could get stainless. when i bought my intercololer and piping last year it wasnt an option on there web site and when i talked to mike over there he never mentioned it once. they also dont tell you that you can get a garret core instead of their own on their intercooler kits. the garret core has been proven to be better and once again is not an option anywhere on their site when i bought mine nor was i made aware i could even get it.

short story i ended up buying two intercoolers(replaced the ets core with a garret) and have pipes that will rust as well (so eventually i will have to buy new pipes too), what a waste of money in the end! should have never bought the ets kit, 900 dollars ill never get back.

jeff
Jeff,

We have always offered the polished stainless steel option as an upgrade since we started building evo products.

Thanks,

Michael

Quick Reply: Look at what I found in my UICP......