Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Full Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:14 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Full Exhaust

hey guys I have a bone stock evo IX and this friday I want to order a full exhaust and I was wondering if anyone has any advice? So far im looking at the Maperformance downpipe with external dump, test pipe, and ams catback for the jdm bumper. I know since this car is turboed needs tuning but do I need to get a tune if i throw the full exhaust on? I tried to search but I didn't find much bout the Maperformance downpipe and if I would need a tune if I get since it has external dump.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I think your idea for
Maperformance downpipe with external dump, test pipe, and ams catback for the jdm bumper.
Is a great idea. In my 8 years in cars I don't think I have ever went with the same brand for everything.

IMO you should get the car dyno'd after the install. Running an external dump will help you hold more boost and run learner. I'm not a tuner but thats my guess. I'm sure thats what everyone else will tell you. If I were you, I would preload your wastegate as much as you can, and get some sort of boost controler. MBC, EBC, ecu control boost etc....
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:44 AM
Evolved Member

if your getting the maperformance with electric cut out then there really is no need for the rest of the exhaust cuz it wont even be useful when the dump is open which is gonna b whenever your "racing"

but if you meant the 02housing external dump then yes get any full 3: exhaust i have a megan not expensive at all does the same as the expensive ones and sounds great... and a tunes isnt exactly nessercy but always a good idea
Old Jul 30, 2009, 09:58 AM
Evolving Member

Thanks yea I mean the 02 housing external dump. I know i will need a tune just wasn't sure if I needed one after the exhaust. Eventually ill do a FMIC and piping, mbc, walboro, so then I know I will need a tune. Just wasn't sure if I should order everything and install everything before tuning.
Old Jul 30, 2009, 10:11 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 17 Likes on 5 Posts
read the link in my signature and search more

there are enough exhaust advice threads on here to take over the planet

closed...