Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Dyno Flashed! 287.5 whp 298.4 ft lbs - totally stock Evo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2003, 08:31 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dyno Flashed! 287.5 whp 298.4 ft lbs - totally stock Evo

Feast your eyes on our latest Dyno Flash
Attached Thumbnails Dyno Flashed! 287.5 whp 298.4 ft lbs - totally stock Evo-pruven1017-1.jpg  
Old Oct 17, 2003, 08:36 PM
Evolved Member

Al - I am scheduled for Saturday the 25th at noon? Please let me know!

Also, what do you think my car will make with the following mods and a Dynoflash: RMR intake, intake pipe, 3" downpipe and cat-back, RMR intercooler piping.

Seeing the numbers you are getting with stock cars, I am thinking 330 whp isn't far off... What do you think?

Chris
Old Oct 17, 2003, 08:53 PM
Evolving Member

I want the dynoflash but there is no way i'm going all the way there
Old Oct 17, 2003, 08:55 PM
Former Sponsor

hey Al was that a white evo???
Old Oct 17, 2003, 09:12 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Chris in HB
Al - I am scheduled for Saturday the 25th at noon? Please let me know!

Also, what do you think my car will make with the following mods and a Dynoflash: RMR intake, intake pipe, 3" downpipe and cat-back, RMR intercooler piping.

Seeing the numbers you are getting with stock cars, I am thinking 330 whp isn't far off... What do you think?

Chris
Yes you are set for noon!

The thing is about the whp - here is a BONE STOCK evo - and yes there were two other evo m forum members there watching to witness it - making the same HP as most evos make with the exhaust, boost controller and intake

Yes - the Dyno Flash tecnology and tuning knowledge is good - but what we are seeing here is a GREAT car to car variance

The lesson we need to learn from this is just how comical the people who just tune through the mail are - how do you think a "off the shelf" through the mail flash would work on this guy's stock evo ?? This guy needed so much fuel on top it was ludicrous! His car was 30 % off from my base etcok evo map after 6,000 rpm
Old Oct 17, 2003, 09:15 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by Rollaway
hey Al was that a white evo???
Silver one man

The sickest part was driving it at the end - man - his evo was bad *** - you see that boost blast there - the massive spool up of trq I tuned into it - I have never felt any stock car spool like that. The timing and fuel it took down low was crazy.

His car was quiet - very smooth and crazy fast - a real sleeper

AND - just so you know - after this tune we brought it down a few clicks to smooth out the power curve and put in a good saftey margin so he left with a 10.4 a/f ratio and 280 to the wheels!
Old Oct 17, 2003, 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

I can't wait, Al! I'll be there (maybe with a couple of other guys who want to watch). Thanks again.

Chris
Old Oct 17, 2003, 09:28 PM
Evolving Member

If you're ever in So Cal to tune let me know and i'll be the 1st one on your list
Old Oct 17, 2003, 09:55 PM
Account Disabled

Originally posted by EVO_RPM
If you're ever in So Cal to tune let me know and i'll be the 1st one on your list
I will be doing a dyno day in LA in January - will post up the date in about 2 weeks
Old Oct 17, 2003, 10:06 PM
Evolving Member

Thats great news! I have one question though. You'll probably be tuning my Evo stock. When I start to mod it, will it affect the tuning that was already done more or less? Thanks in advance

I'll definitely be going to that in January

Last edited by EVO_RPM; Oct 17, 2003 at 10:15 PM.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 10:08 PM
Evolving Member

how bout norcal, dynoflash?
ATP
Old Oct 17, 2003, 10:13 PM
Account Disabled

Thats great news! I have one question though. You'll probably be tuning my Evo stock. When I start to mod it, will it affect the tuning that was already done more or less? Thanks in advance

I'll definitely be going to the in January
We leave most of our flashes in the very rich side - about 10.6 to 11.1 a/f ratio - almost a full point richer than needed and OVER a point leaner than stock. I do this for two reaons - First - it gives a great margin of saftey in case of a bad load of gas and secondly it gives a margin of error in case the owner adds other mods

As with any reflash - you can't have re-tune it yourself - and off the shelf maps are useless and suck - so if they are minor mods you'll be fine - the increase in maf will be taken care of by the ecu and you have a large margin of error - BUT major modifications would probably be best handled by a reflash by us on a dyno
Old Oct 17, 2003, 10:18 PM
Evolved Member

Al,
his car made 263whp stock???????????

thats the same power mine did after the reflash. damn that his crazy power stock.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 10:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by DynoFlash
We leave most of our flashes in the very rich side - about 10.6 to 11.1 a/f ratio - almost a full point richer than needed and OVER a point leaner than stock. I do this for two reaons - First - it gives a great margin of saftey in case of a bad load of gas and secondly it gives a margin of error in case the owner adds other mods

As with any reflash - you can't have re-tune it yourself - and off the shelf maps are useless and suck - so if they are minor mods you'll be fine - the increase in maf will be taken care of by the ecu and you have a large margin of error - BUT major modifications would probably be best handled by a reflash by us on a dyno
Thats good news I'll prob reflash when i start to mod to get optimal gains.
Old Oct 17, 2003, 10:31 PM
Evolving Member

Al, when you do come here is it first come first serve or are you gonna be making a list? Cause if you are can you put me down for one for sure because I know you can only do a limited amount of evos. Thanks again in advance

Rich

Quick Reply: Dyno Flashed! 287.5 whp 298.4 ft lbs - totally stock Evo