Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

BR presents the new FP BLACK HTA82!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2009, 04:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Man I need to take my car to Texas to get it tuned. David must be de-tuning my car to keep from stripping the teeth off 4th gear
fixed that for ya
Old Oct 23, 2009, 04:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 64 Likes on 48 Posts
For those that are curious, Groc said that 450whp was 100mph or so in the 1/8th. Ours puts you at around 95 or so in the 8th at that same level (450whp). I would theorise (though I dont know why I bother) that it would mean the Cobb dyno is around 10-11% lower than a DJ.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 04:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by aka.ralliart15
Yes I do wanna race that car and I'm planning to beat him too

I carry all that stuff in my car because I went on a wednesday night right after I got out of school...I guess I can leave my sound system and jack/tools in the side of the road next time But seriously i am taking all that stuff out when i race the SLR
Fair enough. I hope you beat him, but he might be packing unknown heat!
Old Oct 23, 2009, 04:37 PM
Account Disabled

I think he works with FP

Originally Posted by jjm4life
haha its too bad FP wastes their time testing new products on a company that isn't willing to share their results like buschur and others do.

this phatom texas dyno must be dipped in gold or something if its so secretive

whatever. ill wait a few months when there are so real world test results, and in the meantime love every spool up of my cbrd bbk.

O and just to stir the pot a bit, i know of others without vendor status that would have gotten in trouble by now, who is grocmax a cobb employee?
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:17 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by blowoffsilver
Not everyone cares how much David Buschur loads his dyno and how his dyno reads so low compared to every other mustang dyno in the country. It is sad how the pioneer of 4g63 has to be so different. I mean hell, we read about so many people on different dynos trying to find out his settings, so they can compare there numbers to his low reading bs dyno.
The CBRD dyno reads pretty similar to ours and we didnt share dyno settings. Maybe its the fact that our settings werent screwed with after Mustang Dyno set them up. As for people wanting to compare dyno #'s to ours.... maybe everyone cares whos dyno is right.

Our track numbers speak plenty for what our "low reading BS dyno" prints out for numbers. If people need to be so concerned with dyno #'s maybe they should check out some Enzyte so they arent so insecure about simple dyno #'s.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 05:51 PM
Evolving Member

dyno numbers mean nothing.. im interested how this turbo performs on the street and at the track....
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:17 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jrod@Buschur
The CBRD dyno reads pretty similar to ours and we didnt share dyno settings. Maybe its the fact that our settings werent screwed with after Mustang Dyno set them up. As for people wanting to compare dyno #'s to ours.... maybe everyone cares whos dyno is right.

Our track numbers speak plenty for what our "low reading BS dyno" prints out for numbers. If people need to be so concerned with dyno #'s maybe they should check out some Enzyte so they arent so insecure about simple dyno #'s.
I agree about dyno numbers lol, although this thread started with some.
It is WEAK that dynos register so differently. Track times are more of a true measurement of power, but added in is driver ability. Perhaps that is the reason for the dyno# attachment to a set up? Either way, so far this turbo doesnt seem bad at all
Old Oct 23, 2009, 06:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 55 Likes on 49 Posts
He said Enzyte...................LOL...............Who's dyno is named that???...
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:09 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by StreetThisEvo
Man I need to take my car to Texas to get it tuned. David must be de-tuning my car to make less power then everyone else.

Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:37 PM
Former Sponsor

High reading- low reading dyno numbers don't mean crap. We could sit here all day pounding away at our keyboards arguing about who's dyno reads high-low-accurate-inaccurate etc...

A dyno is simply a tool. A tool we use to check for power output from the modifications we make to our engines. In this case David is explaining to everyone whom reads this thread this is the power gains he has seen using his tools or most of us refer to as his dyno. Why is he doing this? My best guess is to educate anyone whom is interested in buying this turbo hopefully through Buschur.

However, once this turbo gets released to the general public I am sure other shops/people will chime in with their power gains and guess what, they are going to be different. Why? Because all dynos are different and read differently depending on how they are setup. What I am trying to explain here is if you want to see the proper power gains from the modifications you make to your engine than USE THE SAME DYNO that you did before.

Do yourself a favor and use decent shop who maintains their dyno and calibrates it frequently to check for any errors. Steer away from the guy who 'road tunes' your car as it is very unsafe and his 'laptop' dyno will do nothing but take you for a roller coaster ride.

Last but not least, some of you should show a little more respect for David as he did not have to post up ANY results.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:57 PM

So when is the BBK XL being release??
Old Oct 23, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

How about this as standard operating procedure (SOP). With every post that contains results with or without graphs. State what a bone stock evo does on that dyno as reference. Why? Why not? Like I said, just for reference ONLY. Can we all agree on this?

Example
240whp/225tq (stock) ---- 400whp /380wtq (upgraded w/e)

260whp/245wtq (stock) ---- 440whp / 400wtq (upgraded w/e)

This way we dont even need to argue about dynos anymore.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 08:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoDude55
High reading- low reading dyno numbers don't mean crap. We could sit here all day pounding away at our keyboards arguing about who's dyno reads high-low-accurate-inaccurate etc...

A dyno is simply a tool. A tool we use to check for power output from the modifications we make to our engines. In this case David is explaining to everyone whom reads this thread this is the power gains he has seen using his tools or most of us refer to as his dyno. Why is he doing this? My best guess is to educate anyone whom is interested in buying this turbo hopefully through Buschur.

However, once this turbo gets released to the general public I am sure other shops/people will chime in with their power gains and guess what, they are going to be different. Why? Because all dynos are different and read differently depending on how they are setup. What I am trying to explain here is if you want to see the proper power gains from the modifications you make to your engine than USE THE SAME DYNO that you did before.

Do yourself a favor and use decent shop who maintains their dyno and calibrates it frequently to check for any errors. Steer away from the guy who 'road tunes' your car as it is very unsafe and his 'laptop' dyno will do nothing but take you for a roller coaster ride.

Last but not least, some of you should show a little more respect for David as he did not have to post up ANY results.
dyno numbers definitely dont mean much if you dont have track results backing it up. buschur's dyno is always used for comparison because they ACTUALLY back up their numbers at the track. btw, REAL dyno's actually can indicate performance at the track.
Old Oct 23, 2009, 08:04 PM
Evolved Member

evom, home of comparing dynos... lol
Old Oct 23, 2009, 08:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by DynoDude55
Steer away from the guy who 'road tunes' your car as it is very unsafe and his 'laptop' dyno will do nothing but take you for a roller coaster ride.
Yeah god forbid anyone tunes a car in the environment it actually is used in! What a remarkably thick statement. You must own a dyno to be talking like that.

Quick Reply: BR presents the new FP BLACK HTA82!